Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It's still a while away, but I'm already bringing this up. Because I think it's great that some have already registered that they would like to participate! Great, guys! At this point again the small but important hint that this meeting is not organized by Overland Bound, but we do this privately to meet with OB members. I am happy to take the organization of such a meetup into my hands to make it happen. And hope for your support. Because it is OUR meetup!

I am sure, it will be a great meeting! If you would like to attend, please RSVP using the RSVP function in the appropriate Rally Point. Looking forward to it.

As already said, please also feel free to contact me if you would like to contribute anything (workshop, etc.). Any input and support are welcome. Thank you. Let's make this a great meetup together!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all,

Me just reached the message that my contact on site has probably unfortunately made a mistake and the site is already occupied on the weekend with another event. I will take care of this situation. Either another spot and possibly a modified program or we find a new date, whereby I prefer the 1st solution, because some have already registered for the date, which is great.

I will get back to you with news. Stay tuned!

Cheers, Björn

• Sad
Reactions: NotGumby and MazeVX

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
xxx UPDATE xxx UPDATE xxx UPDATE xxx

Hello all,

I am glad to see so much interest in this event. Thank you for that. Today there is super good news. The problem of double booking and resulting unavailability of the initially considered site has been solved.

The date will now be a week earlier, 4/29 - 5/1/2022. We will meet at a small, simple campground in the woods near a creek, with a fire pit, toilets are available - very nice location. I will update the RP accordingly.

The new place has the advantage that it is located near Frankfurt/ Main and thus not only very central and easily accessible for many members, but also located in a region where we have a lot of members. The costs will also be much lower.

Will update all details in the RP soon.

Let's make this happen and an amazing meetup all together.

Cheers, Bjoern

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Great Björn! Thank you for organizing this one. Glad it worked out!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I have just updated the preliminary program. As of today, we will do three very interesting workshops on Saturday and exchange ideas on essential topics with regard to overlanding:

Breakdowns on the road - tools, jacks, spareparts, material and tactics with Rick and Bjoern
Tire repair - tires, sparewheels, tools, material, different techniques, material and tactics with Bjoern
First aid and travel pharmacy - techniques, equipment and how to use it with Thore

My special thanks already go to @XC70_OVERLANDER and @NotGumby who will contribute. Further ideas and contributions are always welcome.

Bjoern

vanlife4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hamburg, Germany
Member #

The new date fits way better for me so I will be attending too. But cannot show via rsvp button bc it says full capacity is reached. Maybe somebody can fix that.
Thanks Björn and all others who are involved in the organisation..

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The new date fits way better for me so I will be attending too. But cannot show via rsvp button bc it says full capacity is reached. Maybe somebody can fix that.
Thanks Björn and all others who are involved in the organisation..
Hi,
Great. Should work now. Please try again. Thanks. There is somehow a bug from time to time with the counter for the RSVP. Will take care of that.
Bjoern

Reactions: vanlife4x4

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We are in, the date is the last Weekend from the NRW School Holidays. Hope there is no new Covid Rules for events till then.
That's great that you are going to attend. Yes, let's wait and see how the situation is until then. This year it would not have been possible to organize such a meeting at that time, but we are just in good spirits and look positively into the future.

I will leave the registration open for a bit and will message all attendees about the details in due time in early 2022.

Reactions: nurmalkurzraus

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, I am also very much looking forward to it! I will have a chat with the administrator of the place next week and then confirm the number of people of all who are now registered via the RP and have given appropriate feedback.

After that I will send final information to all participants (also because of possible C19 regulations).

Have fun on the weekend at your cleanup and meetup!

Björn

Reactions: MazeVX

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Now it will not be long until our spring meetup and you are surely looking forward to it. We are now 28 participants, a few dogs and 21 rigs. That is great. The registration is closed now.

Today, I have sent out an email to all who will come with detailed information about directions, place, program, etc. In it are also my contact details, if you have questions or get lost on the way.

I think it will be a great meetup with a good mix of good conversation, training workshops on tire repair, repairs on the trail and first aid/ first aid kit, and sharing travel stories around the campfire.

Please remember that we are in nature and behave in such a way that we may return. That is why we will also clean up the place together on Sunday before we leave.

And now let's all look forward to the meeting.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to get in touch. Otherwise, I am happy to see you on the 29th April. I wish you a safe journey to the meetup!

Have a good start into the week everyone!

Bjoern