Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hellooooooooooo Region East!
Some of you have heard of Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival (MAOF) and I think a lot of you have not. Check out the event here - http://www.overlandfestival.com/. Also, take a look at the schedule for 2016 below. Looks like some great stuff happened. Can't wait to see what is in store for this year's event.

The dates of the festival are Thursday August 10th through Sunday August 13 2017. I think it would be great to have some folks from Overland Bound join in the festivities and represent OB-Region East. Who is interested in going to this cool festival? Who is already registered?

I would love to have some Overland Bound members roll in and camp as a group. Raise the OB Base Camp Flag! Not sure how they do the camping there, if that is even possible. Anyone been to MAOF before? Can you camp as a group?

Thanks @Wawa Skittletits for bringing this festival to my attention. I honestly had no idea it existed. Hopefully some of us can go.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hello everyone. I think this is a great opportunity to have a regional get together. An opportunity to meet members from outside our respective areas since people travel far and wide to attend this event. Whether you just want to hang out, attend classes, checkout local trails or any combination of the above, I'm sure anyone who makes the trip will have a great time. If trails during the day is your thing I have routes in Bald Eagle State Forest which is close by. Rocks, mud, standing water, scenic vistas, forest roads, etc... Bald Eagle really offers a lot for just about anyone who likes to be outside. The green route is 85 miles and if you take the purple portions it extends it to 95.

IMG_0019.PNG

Rothrock State Forest is even closer but I don't have any routes there yet. I'd gladly work to get some planned out before the event.

Looking forward to seeing the interest in this event!

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I wanted to head there last year but it falls on the weekend my wife works. If I can find someone to watch our girls for the weekend I'd love to roll with y'all

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Went last year. Planning on going this year. It's a HUGE open area on a farm and camping (last year) was mostly divided into two groups: quiet /private and louder and more clustered. It's smaller so don't expect anything near Expo size or attendance. Most people tend to already know each other there and it serves as a good rally point to catch up. Most of the sessions I attended were pretty good, some needed improvement, but I suspect it will only get better as it grows. Word to the wise - last year it was about 118 degrees and there is no shade at all when you're in the middle of a rolling field, so plan accordingly. My fridge was working overtime just to chill the beer.

Last year, myself and two other OBers met up to ride in and camped together. We used this OB forum to coordinate, but found that pretty much everyone there is a OB member. They just don't frequent the forum.

Here's a video of the grounds.

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

I'll be there this year as part of one the vendors there with Wheelers LLC , I drive a 99 brown WJ and I'm looking forward to meet all the OB northeast members that can make it there
Ed
OB#0100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dean

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
I'm already registered. It's funny actually, I'm currently sitting at Mainline Overland having my new Icons installed.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Went last year. Planning on going this year. It's a HUGE open area on a farm and camping (last year) was mostly divided into two groups: quiet /private and louder and more clustered. It's smaller so don't expect anything near Expo size or attendance. Most people tend to already know each other there and it serves as a good rally point to catch up. Most of the sessions I attended were pretty good, some needed improvement, but I suspect it will only get better as it grows. Word to the wise - last year it was about 118 degrees and there is no shade at all when you're in the middle of a rolling field, so plan accordingly. My fridge was working overtime just to chill the beer.

Last year, myself and two other OBers met up to ride in and camped together. We used this OB forum to coordinate, but found that pretty much everyone there is a OB member. They just don't frequent the forum.

Here's a video of the grounds.
Chad

Are we going to caravan in again this year?

robert

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Chad

Are we going to caravan in again this year?

robert
Possibly, but I didn't really want to commit to it yet because I've got some work issues to work around with the festival this year so I don't know yet when I'll be heading up. I should know better once I get back from Canada in a few weeks.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Possibly, but I didn't really want to commit to it yet because I've got some work issues to work around with the festival this year so I don't know yet when I'll be heading up. I should know better once I get back from Canada in a few weeks.
Understandable. Keep me in the loop.

Greg Galbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York, PA, USA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Galbo
Member #

I will be there and have gone last year as well! It's a great time with a lot of great people and venders. Camping is definitely allowed but I believe the entrance fee was $55 last year if I remember correctly. Totally worth it though.

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

Im planning on going. But just as a day member. As for camping, im trying to get a group together to go to cherry springs since its known as the darkest skies east of the mississippi. For some star gazing and camping. If anyone is interested in day courses then driving a bit to go with me let me know!

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

@rixham @firststateoverland just got my ticket. Can't wait to see you guys! I'm trying to head up early Thursday, or possibly Wednesday if work allows. If caravanning doesn't work for everyone, I'll make sure to score us some good spots when I get there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rixham