Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Goodells, Michigan
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Woolman
Member #

Does anyone have the gps coordinates for a campsite at the mouth of the Huron river, i have seen videos on this spot but i have yet to find it also im always interested in any routes from mackinaw to copper harbor

Fleamac

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lowell, Michigan
First Name
Gus
Last Name
M
Member #

N46° 54.597' W88° 02.287'

These coordinates are for the 'main' area to camp on the beach. Been there a few times. We call it Hell cuz of the horse flies. It was VERY crowded August 2020! So we went west, hugging the coast for about 1/2 mile and found a completely secluded spot. Right on the water, high clearance and 4x4 needed for the 1/8 mile 'entrance'. And no flies!

I'm in GR, and been exploring the UP every year for 7 years. 9 day trips. I've built quite a data base of trail/seasonal roads, waterfalls, ghost towns, and campsites. Been from Drummond to the tip of the peninsular numerous times. I'm willing to share intel...

Here's another spot to check out. N46° 49.949' W87° 58.765' It's next to the road , on a waterfall, and has pots and pans hanging from the trees. I think hikers also use it.

Here's a pic from Huron river camp looking at Lake Superior.

Attachments

Advocate III

Yorktown, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jasen
Last Name
Ulmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9HBC
N46° 54.597' W88° 02.287'

These coordinates are for the 'main' area to camp on the beach. Been there a few times. We call it Hell cuz of the horse flies. It was VERY crowded August 2020! So we went west, hugging the coast for about 1/2 mile and found a completely secluded spot. Right on the water, high clearance and 4x4 needed for the 1/8 mile 'entrance'. And no flies!

I'm in GR, and been exploring the UP every year for 7 years. 9 day trips. I've built quite a data base of trail/seasonal roads, waterfalls, ghost towns, and campsites. Been from Drummond to the tip of the peninsular numerous times. I'm willing to share intel...

Here's another spot to check out. N46° 49.949' W87° 58.765' It's next to the road , on a waterfall, and has pots and pans hanging from the trees. I think hikers also use it.

Here's a pic from Huron river camp looking at Lake Superior.
Thank you for the coordinates. Beautiful photo BTW.

Reactions: Fleamac