Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Conrad
Last Name
Sampayan
Member #

Just ordered the membership as well my order no. is 22444. How do i get the member banner on my profile and is it normal that the only thing I see on the map are the rally points?

Last edited:

NE_WARRIOR

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bernardston, MA, USA
Member #

Just ordered the membership as well my order no. is 22444. How do i get the member banner on my profile and is it normal that the only thing I see on the map are the rally points?
There will be another email with your activation code to get the banner. And im also new to the member thing and all i see is rally points too

Reactions: Csam09

Csam09

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Conrad
Last Name
Sampayan
Member #

There will be another email with your activation code to get the banner. And im also new to the member thing and all i see is rally points too
Yup! but my account should already be activated cause I recieved that said email and activated my account!

SFarrell

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reservoir, North, Newport News, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Farrell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4WMF
Hello,

Yup! but my account should already be activated cause I recieved that said email and activated my account!
I'm in the same boat. I wonder if the activation requires manual intervention from folks who might currently be on the trail... Better yet, the presence of my Member # in the left margin indicates that my activation code worked. So I wonder if the new banner will appear once I'm past my fourth post?

Scott

Last edited:

Csam09

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Conrad
Last Name
Sampayan
Member #

Hello,

I'm in the same boat. I wonder if the activation requires manual intervention from folks who might currently be on the trail... Better yet, the presence of my Member # in the left margin indicates that my activation code worked. So I wonder if the new banner will appear once I'm past my fourth post?

Scott

This would be my 6th post and my member banner is still not there. I wonder if they wait till you get your overlanding emblem that they send on the mail before they upgrade it. Some folks who run the forums are at home i think because I follow overlandbound on instagram too and they just posted a new video like 6 hrs ago. I just tried again the activation code that they gave me but this time it says activation code invalid.

Last edited:

SFarrell

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reservoir, North, Newport News, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Farrell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4WMF
I did the same, retrying the activation code, and got the same results. It dawned on me that my activation code is invalid because it already worked to activate my account, as evidenced by my member number being displayed in the left margin. That is why I speculate that the Member banner has to be manually added. OB's membership base is exploding, so that's a lot of manual intervention for the banners.

I'm going to stick with the theory that key admins are enjoying a weekend (and a day or two leading up to it) away from a computer. Instagram is phone-based. So my theory still works. Sure, these forums probably CAN be managed from a mobile device. But I think it would be a PITA with a tiny screen and keyboard. If I was an admin, only emergencies would get my attention from a mobile device. Everything else waits until I'm home. This is not an emergency. :sunglasses:

Badlatitude

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

West Rupert, VT 05776, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
M
Member #

I'm having the same problem. I purchased my membership. Followed the instructions in the email and still do not have a member banner. My code is also now invalid because it was used.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Greetings from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. New member 16625 checking in. I need to get my member status activated as well. Looking forward to connecting with the group.
Welcome to the team. Look forward to hearing of your travels or assisting in your queries. Again, welcome

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Greetings from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. New member 16625 checking in. I need to get my member status activated as well. Looking forward to connecting with the group.
I think I got ya fixed up, LMK.

Jim

Reactions: Wanderinwill
Status
Not open for further replies.