First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
MEMBERSHIPS, EMBLEMS AND SUPPORTERS

First off, WELCOME! We are truly glad you’re here. If you will take the time to explore and interact you will find a wealth of information and help at your fingertips, plus the ever growing Meet and Greets/Gatherings in areas close to you, not to mention the larger runs all over the world, opportunity to get out and explore is waiting for you, let’s go!

I wanted to explain a couple items and give a couple directions for the new forums members and the new Overland Bound (OB) members, I cannot touch on everything, but I hope this gets you started in the right direction.

Members: There are two types and both are vital to our community. The two types are forum members and OB members. The main difference is the upgraded OB membership gets exclusive OB membership features. When you registered here on the forums, you became a forum member with a vast amount of information and resources available to you. If or when you decide to upgrade your membership to an OB member, you will get even more resources and perks and if you choose to get one of the memberships with an emblem you will love the quality and durability of our emblems! They are awesome. The upgraded memberships can be found at the store here: MEMBERSHIPS Please note that you can move your membership level up at any time as well.

Emblems: Emblems which are automotive grade and solid metal to last a lifetime. Engraved with your unique lifetime member number. 2-3/8″ Dia. Solid metal, permanent adhesive back, each numbered and registered to its owner.

If you have a digital membership, you can order your emblem for $5, just send an email to support.

All other memberships include one or more emblems!

Supporters: This is for people to help support the cost of the website and forums. It's as low as a $3.99 re-occurring monthly payment to help us keep the lights on. We've committed to NOT having advertisements in the forums, so this is a voluntary way to help us out. There are three different supporter levels and you can chose to help monthly or by the year, if you can only to a month, that is great, every little bit does help and we appreciate you supporting us! For the support levels go here: SUPPORT.

Original post keep below for historical purposes:

Thanks so much for the support! We really appreciate it. We are continually amazed at the support and the impact Overland Bound Members have on the Overlanding community and movement world-wide. It's amazing!

I'll be the first to admit, membership, support, emblems, web site log-ins are NOT simple (yet) with Overland Bound. We will make this SIMPLE as we can. Here is an explanation of the different membership and support options:
  1. Members:This is the primary way to support us, and become a member of our crew! By purchasing an emblem, you get a unique member number that is your forever and all time. Since you can order from the store, OR in the forums, we have a manual process to update forum users with all member benefits. These benefits include:
    • 2-3/8″ Dia. Solid metal
    • Permanent adhesive back
    • Each numbered and registered to its owner
    • Signed certificate of authenticity included
    • A special Member banner on your forum profile
    • A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter" for six months
    • Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum for six months
  2. Supporters: This is for people to support the cost of the website and forums. It's a $3.99 re-occurring monthly payment to help us keep the lights on. We've committed to NOT having advertisements in the forums, so this is a voluntary way to help us out. That is why, with the member purchase, the supporter badge is a 6 month thing, not a lifetime thing.
  3. Ultimate Member Pack: This is a discount for people who want to go, "all-in", AND many people want two badges. It includes a T-Shirt and Stickers as well. It is actually much easier from a production standpoint (and cheaper) to manufacture the emblems at the same time, so we offer a discount with this package.
I hope this answers your questions, and thanks again for your interest and support. I think we are on to great things! If you have other questions, let us know!

Michael and @CorrieOB

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Michael,

Hello. I sent in my paypal payment for my two emblems on the 29th of April. I am not being inpatient, just curious as to when I should expect to receive them.

Thanks!

BTW, I've been a long time member of Ex-Portal and T4R.org and found out about this site thru another T4R.org member. I absolutely love the knowledge base here and supportive community!

Thanks again.

Tim

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Evidently if you are asking for a specific membership number, then that creates a bit of a delay accommodating you... For instance, I'm still waiting patiently as well :sunglasses: for a specific number.

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Evidently if you are asking for a specific membership number, then that creates a bit of a delay accommodating you... For instance, I'm still waiting patiently as well :sunglasses: for a specific number.
Nothing specific for me. Just my initial membership emblem (don't have it yet), and a duplicate of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dakota Houligans

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

I was notified by Corrie that it was going to be shipped last week. Haven't received it yet. They are all at expo west this weekend so maybe I'll get it this week.

Reactions: Michael

Brandon Miller

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

How do I get the "member" banner on my profile? I purchased a membership/emblem a couple of weeks back. It's not a huge deal, was just curious.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Michael,

Hello. I sent in my paypal payment for my two emblems on the 29th of April. I am not being inpatient, just curious as to when I should expect to receive them.

Thanks!

BTW, I've been a long time member of Ex-Portal and T4R.org and found out about this site thru another T4R.org member. I absolutely love the knowledge base here and supportive community!

Thanks again.

Tim
You received these correct!?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I know the guys have been busy...with Expo etc, but I am waiting on Emblem shipping info also.....Cheers !
Hi Luis! Since this was a custom number request it takes longer since we have to have it custom manufactured. I think you and @Corrie emailed and got all squared away! All set?

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Nothing specific for me. Just my initial membership emblem (don't have it yet), and a duplicate of it.

Hi! There should not be any delay with this order. Seems straightforward. Cani get your order number?

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
How do I get the "member" banner on my profile? I purchased a membership/emblem a couple of weeks back. It's not a huge deal, was just curious.
Done! You can also add your number to your profile by following the FAQ!

Reactions: Brandon Miller
Status
Not open for further replies.