Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Question for the group...brand new dude & dudette on the forum...I would like to buy TWO memberships, one for my wife, and one for me.

What is the best way to complete this transaction so we have sequential numbers

Numbers are issues sequentially, as long as you order two of the same packages. There are no guarantees that this will happen, though. However, please note that one Overland Bound Membership is valid for you and your spouse to use. We have several folks sharing a number.

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Numbers are issues sequentially, as long as you order two of the same packages. There are no guarantees that this will happen, though. However, please note that one Overland Bound Membership is valid for you and your spouse to use. We have several folks sharing a number.
Got it...thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I'll just buy one membership...and TWO t-shirts then! :)

Reactions: Plisken and Steve

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Question for the group...brand new dude & dudette on the forum...I would like to buy TWO memberships, one for my wife, and one for me.

What is the best way to complete this transaction so we have sequential numbers?

Thanks in advance...

John & Daphne
Welcome guys! You'll need to talk to a moderator about the member numbers as they are assigned when you create an account even if you don't join right away.

Reactions: GeoYota

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Welcome guys! You'll need to talk to a moderator about the member numbers as they are assigned when you create an account even if you don't join right away.
Thanks for the info...we joined (just got our ship to notification...FAST!) and bought one membership for now...still learning the ropes here, but Steve's insight was helpful as well.

Waiting to get the "official" memberhsip # and swag pack...so until then, still enjoying the site and "posting lite." :grinning:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

You'll need to talk to a moderator about the member numbers as they are assigned when you create an account even if you don't join right away.
He is talking about badge numbers. Those are automatically assigned upon placing an order. Forum member numbers and badge numbers are not related. The number shown under a Member's avatar is their badge number. Forum member numbers are not really shown anywhere other than in a member's profile link popup.

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

He is talking about badge numbers. Those are automatically assigned upon placing an order. Forum member numbers and badge numbers are not related. The number shown under a Member's avatar is their badge number. Forum member numbers are not really shown anywhere other than in a member's profile link popup.
Alrighty...we received our Ultimate Membership Package today...gotta say, really nice presentation. Everything was wrapped in tissue paper and stuck with a really nice OB logoed sticker...very impressive.

Our membership certificate came in a really nice little cardboard sleeve, with a nice file binder string closure.

It kinda felt like Christmas...

So what do we do next...our membership # is 11626...thanks in advance @Steve

John & Daphne

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hey everybody, I Am brand new to the group, just signed up this morning. I signed up for the digital package, but I'd like to upgrade so that I get the badges for my truck the stickers and the T-shirt. How do I do this?
Thank you! I'm forwarding your request to HQ so that they can take care of this for you.

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Ah, good to know. Thanks Steve.

Akim

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD
Member #

Hi all,
Yesterday I paid for Membership + One Emblem via PayPal. What are the next steps to get my membership number?

Thank you.

Reactions: GeoYota

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Hi all,
Yesterday I paid for Membership + One Emblem via PayPal. What are the next steps to get my membership number?

Thank you.
Much like a physician starting up a new practice...it's all about the patience. :wink:

We recently joined OB, and I opted for text message updates...also received email updates on our order (Membership package, emblems, stickers, etc.) I was surprised that it arrived as quickly as it did, came in 5 days after purchase.

Once you recieve your package, it will have a card with your new OB membership number. Once you have that in hand, post here @Steve and he will "upgrade" your forum account to reflect your membership # and place on the member map.

Welcome to the crew! :sunglasses:

Reactions: Akim and Steve

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hi all,

Thank you.
Hi there! You are confirmed and all good to go. :)

You can always shoot an email to info {at} overlandbound.com if you have trouble accessing the member features!

Corrie

Reactions: Akim and Steve

Akim

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD
Member #

Much like a physician starting up a new practice...it's all about the patience. :wink:

We recently joined OB, and I opted for text message updates...also received email updates on our order (Membership package, emblems, stickers, etc.) I was surprised that it arrived as quickly as it did, came in 5 days after purchase.

Once you recieve your package, it will have a card with your new OB membership number. Once you have that in hand, post here @Steve and he will "upgrade" your forum account to reflect your membership # and place on the member map.

Welcome to the crew! :sunglasses:
Thank you for the clarification. :)

LCM_Scott

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hilton, New York, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Borden
Member #

Hello, I recently signed up for the $89 package but havent noticed the money come out of my account yet. I do have access to the forums and map. I just want to make sure yall got your money! My wife said it may just take a few days to show up on our end. Either way lemme know, thanks!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

steanson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Thanks so much for the support! We really appreciate it. We are continually amazed at the support and the impact Overland Bound Members have on the Overlanding community and movement world-wide. It's amazing!

I'll be the first to admit, membership, support, emblems, web site log-ins are NOT simple (yet) with Overland Bound. We will make this SIMPLE as we can. Here is an explanation of the different membership and support options:
  1. Members: This is the primary way to support us, and become a member of our crew! By purchasing an emblem, you get a unique member number that is your forever and all time. Since you can order from the store, OR in the forums, we have a manual process to update forum users with all member benefits. These benefits include:
    • 2-3/8″ Dia. Solid metal
    • Permanent adhesive back
    • Each numbered and registered to its owner
    • Signed certificate of authenticity included
    • A special Member banner on your forum profile
    • A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter" for six months
    • Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum for six months
  2. Supporters: This is for people to support the cost of the website and forums. It's a $3.99 re-occurring monthly payment to help us keep the lights on. We've committed to NOT having advertisements in the forums, so this is a voluntary way to help us out. That is why, with the member purchase, the supporter badge is a 6 month thing, not a lifetime thing.
  3. Contributor: Some people want to just slip us a $20 as a thank you, but don't want the reoccurring payment. This is for them! It includes Supporter Member Forum privileges for 6 Months
  4. Ultimate Member Pack: This is a discount for people who want to go, "all-in", AND many people want two badges. It includes a T-Shirt and Stickers as well. It is actually much easier from a production standpoint (and cheaper) to manufacture the emblems at the same time, so we offer a discount with this package.
I hope this answers your questions, and thanks again for your interest and support. I think we are on to great things! If you have other questions, let us know!

Michael and @CorrieOB
Hello, and Happy 4th of July! Back in March of 2016 I thought I became a member when I purchased the (x2) badges and they arrived with the little certificate. However, later that year I became ill, and was out of work for 2.5 months, and my I pretty much quit all my hobbies and interests. I recently saw an OB link on FB, and was a little confused that I keep getting the "become a member" popups and links whenever I try to navigate. Am I doing something wrong? I may try again later, after a nap, as I am a bit tired after a 24 ending at 0700. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. IMG_3536.JPGIMG_3536.JPGIMG_3536.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.