Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We need a place to post our random member spottings... here it is:

While traveling from New Mexico to Tennessee I was keeping a sharp eye out for any overland rigs to wave at... to my disappointment I didn't have much luck until I pulled into a random gas station near the TN/AL state line.
With the plea for "potty... Potty... POTTY!" from the back seat, I had the pedal down for the next available bathroom to avoid another wet car seat incident. As I pulled into an empty parking spot I noticed a roof rack on top of a clean Tundra in the slot next to us. As we began to jettison the toddler, I took a second look and there it was; an OB badge slapped on the side of that bad boy!

Turns out, the rig belonged to member 0331 @Fieldnstreamer . Naturally we spent some time talking rigs, overlanding trips, and Overland Bound before rolling north to finish our trek back home for Christmas.

What are the odds?! Has anyone else had one of these chance encounters? Post 'em up! (Pics or it didn't happen ;) )

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Sweet idea! I always keep my eyes posted looking for cool rigs. It seems here local to me all we have are these young punks that just wanna see how muddy they can get their Jeeps and how long they can go between washes lol

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Sweet idea! I always keep my eyes posted looking for cool rigs. It seems here local to me all we have are these young punks that just wanna see how muddy they can get their Jeeps and how long they can go between washes lol
Nothing wrong with keeping the natural trail patina ;)

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Wasn't there a map at one point on the ob.com page? I remember way back when i tried to add my location to it but it always sent me to a 404 error page. Just wondering if that has been done away with or was it moved?

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Wasn't there a map at one point on the ob.com page? I remember way back when i tried to add my location to it but it always sent me to a 404 error page. Just wondering if that has been done away with or was it moved?
Now that you mention it, I kind of remember something like that. @administrator What did you do with it? lol @dmurph1996 Where do you live? Your reply time shows as today (12/29/15) at 4:50pm. It's 1pm est right now.

I'm going to have to keep my eyes open. I know @jordanbrooks spotted my rig when my lady was driving it. He messaged me all excited like as if he had spotted Bigfoot. lol I would be excited to spot others as well.

Reactions: Roxxie

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Now that you mention it, I kind of remember something like that. @administrator What did you do with it? lol @dmurph1996 Where do you live? Your reply time shows as today (12/29/15) at 4:50pm. It's 1pm est right now.

I'm going to have to keep my eyes open. I know @jordanbrooks spotted my rig when my lady was driving it. He messaged me all excited like as if he had spotted Bigfoot. lol I would be excited to spot others as well.

I was gonna flail my arms around and scream at you like a wild banshee but then I saw it was your lady and thought she may taze me or call the cops lol

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I was gonna flail my arms around and scream at you like a wild banshee but then I saw it was your lady and thought she may taze me or call the cops lol
HAHA! That would have been a great story to tell on the forums. We would have to start a "When Spotting OB Members Goes Bad" thread.