Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

US
Hi all.

New to the forum. Been watching and lurking for a while.

Rigs: 2005 Jeep Wrangler. 4" Currie lift, Ford 8.8 rear end with ARB locker, Dana 30 front with ARB locker, Genright Crawler EXT fuel tank, inside tub rhinolined, CB but fixing to swap comms to 50 watt HAM, Warn M8000S, 35" Firestone MTs.

Wife's rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Sahara. 2.5" RC suspension. 35" KM2s, going to 50 watt HAM as well, Smittybilt bumpers front and rear, Smittybilt 9500 winch

Experience: Over 10 years of off-road, rock crawling and trail experience. We have been hiking/ backcountry camping for over 20 years.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and taking some great overlanding trips.
Where do you go? I'm only an hour from you.

Traveler I

US
Checking in! New member from S Texas just outside the East side of San Antonio.
Loved Jeeps for awhile but always had trucks being raised around farming and such. Picked up my '89 Jeep YJ about 4 years ago, and even tho it had the gutless 2.5L engine I loved it. Over the last year I have started modifying her. She now has a V6 drivetrain out of an '89 S10 (engine auto tranny and transfer case) added 2.5" leafs and 5/8 shackles. Just added newish wheels and tires from a 2016 Rubicon:

Since putting the automatic transmission in my wife has loved it! Loved it so much it gave her a case of Jeep fever. So after much thinking and praying and looking at our life and what our goals are for raising our two little girls we went out and bought her a 2010 JKUR with only 67k on the clock.

She does have a little lift but not sure of brand or even how much of a lift. Gonna figure it out just have not had time to really look at it.
Our goal with the new jeep is to explore south Texas and beyond. We moved down 3 years ago and have not explored near enough (shame on us) so we are going to correct that short coming.
In the process of rigging up the rubi now, we have installed new bumpers front and rear. The rear has a better tire carrier (time will tell how well it holds up). I have a new 10k winch sitting in the garage to put on it as soon as my wife brings it back from N Texas.

Next is finding which roof rack we want to go with (I'm leaning toward the Gobi) and RTT we want (no idea, I've seen a lot of people say a lot of different things about RTT's so I have no idea)
I am hoping to glean a lot of knowledge from the community and hopefully help where I can.
Oh idk if we can but here is the link to my instagram account for my old jeep.
http://instagram.com/amscogarage
We are going to make a new one for the new jeep and our adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a pretty good place, I believe 1200 acres or so, North of San Antonio up 281 about an hour. I can't remember what it's called but I found it on Craigslist years ago when I lived there.

kg6zjl

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Concord, CA
Hello OB!

My name is Steve (KG6ZJL) and I live in Concord, CA. I believe I met a few of the SF Bay members about a decade ago at a Dublin/Pleasanton meetup when I owned my last 4Runner. Times have changed and I am now back in the drivers seat of a '16 4Runner Trail. While I never stopped exploring, I am extremely excited to have an offroad-ready vehicle again. Co-piloting is my wife Brooke, and bringing up the rear is our 11mo son Wyatt. Our family loves the outdoors and can't wait for our next adventure!

Experience: Advanced

Previous rig - 1988 4Runner - SOLD:
- Bored and Cam'd 22RE
- SAS'd on 35" BFG KM's
- Dual Cases with Twin Stick
- BentUp Bumper and Sliders

New rig - 2016 4Runner Trail:
- BFG KO2's (275/70r17)
- Gobi Stealth Rack Arriving Soon
- 40" CaliRaised LED Bar for the Gobi
- 2m/440 and CB Radios

IMG_20170214_075940_987.jpg

Chris W

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Simsbury, CT
Member #

Name: Chris
Rig: 2014 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5
Experience: Overlanding Newb with plenty of backpacking and mountain rescue experience. Looking forward to building my rig and getting out on the trails.

Jon R

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Simi Valley CA
Member #

Name: Jon
Rig: 2017 4Runner SR5
Overlanding Experience: Novice.

I have a good amount of local off roading experience. Looking forward to milti day overlanding trips to better explore our amazing lands!

Reactions: justin marsh

reno464

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

20170420_170312.jpg Hello OB World, I just bought my rig this morning but, I have been following the site for awhile. I'm here in the Sacramento area and the spousal unit I are so happy to find a community like OB. We are also very happy now to get out of the Suburn family vehicle and into a dedicated rig. Hope to meet up with you all in the future.