Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hello from Roseville, CA! Found the OB group about a week ago and spent some time trolling the pages. I like the atmosphere and decided to add to the full size vehicle ranks. I joined OB today. Member number still to come. My current rig is a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab short bed with a 6.0 gas engine. Why not the DMax? Simple. I couldn't find a crew cab with the diesel. I grew up Overlanding in the South as a kid and in the Sierras as a young adult. Haven't done any real offroad activities for 10 years. Career kept me from it but now family and kids are driving me back to the outdoors. Been out of the off road world for so long I think I'll qualify myself as a novice. Have more plans than time for the rig but first up is to build a bed rack and cargo basket. Once I have some pics of the truck I'll get them posted up. Thanks for having me.
Welcome! I'm new here too and have found the experience to be positive all around. I hope to see and hear more from ya!

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: SLO Rob

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Hey all, I picked up a '12 forester after a tree fell on my last car and decided I wanted to start working to make it a little more off-road friendly. I ran across Fozroamer's stuff, which led me to this community.

I'm an archaeologist/cultural resource guy working with the US National Park Service, so a lot of the founding principles really made sense to me. I've traveled and hiked through a whole bunch of different places, bits of the pan am down in Chile, out into inner Mongolia, and out and about in Taiwan, I'm always looking for the next adventure. The idea of "leave it better than when you got there" just resonated.

Looking forward to diving in.

best,
-Vhat
welcome

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

View attachment 21168 Hey y'all. New member from Athens Alabama. I've been following the OB community for close to 6 months now and have finally decided to take the leap. I'm an avid outdoorsman and a veteran of Desert Storm. I Love the principles and ideas of this community and wanted to be a part of it. Though I'm new to over landing, I've spent a lot of time with nature. I recently purchased this 2011 Tacoma and I'm looking forward to setting it up (if I can manage to get it back from my wife). It's a blank canvas at the moment. All advice is welcome as this will be my first rig build. Hope to see you on the trails!
welcome

Reactions: anvilmike

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Checking in! New member from S Texas just outside the East side of San Antonio.
Loved Jeeps for awhile but always had trucks being raised around farming and such. Picked up my '89 Jeep YJ about 4 years ago, and even tho it had the gutless 2.5L engine I loved it. Over the last year I have started modifying her. She now has a V6 drivetrain out of an '89 S10 (engine auto tranny and transfer case) added 2.5" leafs and 5/8 shackles. Just added newish wheels and tires from a 2016 Rubicon:

Since putting the automatic transmission in my wife has loved it! Loved it so much it gave her a case of Jeep fever. So after much thinking and praying and looking at our life and what our goals are for raising our two little girls we went out and bought her a 2010 JKUR with only 67k on the clock.

She does have a little lift but not sure of brand or even how much of a lift. Gonna figure it out just have not had time to really look at it.
Our goal with the new jeep is to explore south Texas and beyond. We moved down 3 years ago and have not explored near enough (shame on us) so we are going to correct that short coming.
In the process of rigging up the rubi now, we have installed new bumpers front and rear. The rear has a better tire carrier (time will tell how well it holds up). I have a new 10k winch sitting in the garage to put on it as soon as my wife brings it back from N Texas.

Next is finding which roof rack we want to go with (I'm leaning toward the Gobi) and RTT we want (no idea, I've seen a lot of people say a lot of different things about RTT's so I have no idea)
I am hoping to glean a lot of knowledge from the community and hopefully help where I can.
Oh idk if we can but here is the link to my instagram account for my old jeep.
http://instagram.com/amscogarage
We are going to make a new one for the new jeep and our adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great write up and photos! Welcome to the forums. I own a '15 Jeep JKUR hardtop and really like what you have done so far with both your JKUR and YJ. Mine is still pretty much stock on the outside but you have given me some great ideas!

Reactions: SLO Rob

liftedrango

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodbine, GA, USA
First Name
Gabriwl
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hello from Oklahoma, Name is Don, am a aircraft mechanic by day and a deputy sheriff by night. Drive a 2016 Ram Rebel, am slowing getting it modded out. Am enjoying the forums, look forwarding to talking to you all.
WELCOME! I am from Broken Arrow hope to see you around!

Travis91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Castaic, CA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Shearer
Hello everyone.
New member from Castaic CA.
I am brand new to overland, though I have a lot of camping and backpacking experience from boy scouts. I stumbled across overlanding on YouTube and been learning as much as I can the last few months.
As of now I have a 05 F150 2wd, hopefully will be getting a new 4x4 F150 soon to build out a cool rig.

Me and my fiancee are jumping right in, have a bit of a road trip with a bit of offroading planned for next month around big Sur.

vonfogel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burbank, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Fogel
Member #

Howdy everyone,

I'm a new member from Burbank, CA! Here's my rig:

Something a little different. It's a 2000 Toyota 4Runner that I've modified to have a post-apocalyptic Mad Max aesthetic! The rust is all fake, and I only put the props on the roof rack for photo shoots and local events like Wasteland Weekend.
Here's a shot of it actually off-road on an adventure:

So far other than the aesthetic mods and tires, it's a stock rig. Hoping to change that soon with a suspension upgrade (more for performance/comfort than major lift) and some armor.

I purchased this car a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with it. All of my previous vehicles had been hand-me-downs from family members, and this was the first one that I actually chose myself. I've never been much of a "car guy" but suddenly I found myself interested in learning how to maintain the car myself, and to explore what it could do off-road. I've always been a big fan of exploring the outdoors and suddenly I had a vehicle that enabled me to access some amazing locations! So, over the last year I've gone on maybe a dozen adventures (simple day trips to 3-day camping expeditions), learned a ton about my vehicle, and discovered the fantastic and welcoming community of Overlanders!

If you want to follow my adventures, follow me on Instagram @baronvonfogel, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

SwanSmash

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Evans, GA
Member #

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hello everyone.
New member from Castaic CA.
I am brand new to overland, though I have a lot of camping and backpacking experience from boy scouts. I stumbled across overlanding on YouTube and been learning as much as I can the last few months.
As of now I have a 05 F150 2wd, hopefully will be getting a new 4x4 F150 soon to build out a cool rig.

Me and my fiancee are jumping right in, have a bit of a road trip with a bit of offroading planned for next month around big Sur.
welcome to OB

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Howdy everyone,

I'm a new member from Burbank, CA! Here's my rig:

Something a little different. It's a 2000 Toyota 4Runner that I've modified to have a post-apocalyptic Mad Max aesthetic! The rust is all fake, and I only put the props on the roof rack for photo shoots and local events like Wasteland Weekend.
Here's a shot of it actually off-road on an adventure:

So far other than the aesthetic mods and tires, it's a stock rig. Hoping to change that soon with a suspension upgrade (more for performance/comfort than major lift) and some armor.

I purchased this car a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with it. All of my previous vehicles had been hand-me-downs from family members, and this was the first one that I actually chose myself. I've never been much of a "car guy" but suddenly I found myself interested in learning how to maintain the car myself, and to explore what it could do off-road. I've always been a big fan of exploring the outdoors and suddenly I had a vehicle that enabled me to access some amazing locations! So, over the last year I've gone on maybe a dozen adventures (simple day trips to 3-day camping expeditions), learned a ton about my vehicle, and discovered the fantastic and welcoming community of Overlanders!

If you want to follow my adventures, follow me on Instagram @baronvonfogel, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!
welcome to OB