Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Downing
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey folks I'm Corey and this is Clyde. I'm an owner of Pathfinder Coffee Roasters and Active Duty Air Force Crew Chief.

"Clyde"
1990 Toyota HDJ81 Land Cruiser
Okinawa Japan until summer 2017.
I got into overlanding specifically because I found myself wanting to find the tops of waterfalls and the other sides of rivers. I'm planning to move to Arizona this summer once I'm out of the military and realized that I have an incessant need to go places others can't get to. So, I bought a diesel land cruiser with triple lockers and a winch (plus factory ice box!!) and plan to find my way where others won't venture.

Attachments

DocNOS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Son
Member #

Service Branch
USN
Current Vehicle: 2012 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat EcoBoost
Previous Vehicles: A lot, I am a automotive enthusiast, still searching for the perfect combination of rides.
Overland Experience: Intermediate
Why Overlanding?: I love the outdoors, when I was younger I was always out in the woods. Rock climbing, backpacking, running rapids in canoes and rafts. These were a few of the things that brought me out to the beauty and quiet of nature. When I purchased my first car (1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 "Sweetie") it was time to modify. I had it torn apart in my Grandmother's (Mymaw) garage upgrading parts the first month. My mother freaked out when she saw I had taken it apart, but Mymaw stopped her by saying, "He's just like his father". That didn't calm my mother. After that my passion for vehicles exploded! Cars, trucks, motorcycles, if it went fast I wanted to see if I could modify it to go faster. I'm a wrench head and proud of it!
Being a Venture Scout took my friends and I all over the place, exploring the wonders of God's creation. Then I joined the Navy and a bunch of stuff came to a halt. But other things moved forward very quickly. I love how life changes just like the seasons. If you don't like how your life is going right now, that's okay. Just give it a bit, life will get better. We all have ups and downs. If it were not for the downs than you wouldn't appreciate the ups.
So fast forward again, I met my wife (also a sailor) and we had a child, whos now 4 going on 14. Were out of the Navy now, but we both love to travel. But since I got injured I can not do a lot of the things that I used to do. Spent a couple of years in college and got a job with a small company. But I realized that I was separated from nature and exploration, and if I didn't do something to change the rut I found myself in I would regret it later.
So then I was thinking (yes bad idea) that since I love the outdoors, we love to travel, and I can't keep from modifying any of my vehicles. That overlanding sounded like the perfect combination. So I decided to get back into overlanding. Which is how I came across Michael's youtube channel and Overland Bound.

Thank you for reading this long introduction. I can't wait to become friends with so many people that I share this passion with. God bless.

Brandon (BoostedDoc)

Last edited:

CorpusChris

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Corpus Christi, Texas Area
Member #

Hey guys and gals,

Name/ Location: Chris here from Corpus Christi, TX.
Rig: 2017 4Runner TRD Pro
Experience: Lots of beach/ sand driving with light trail experience (unless you count driving on these really poor, unmaintained gravel roads, then its a lot), and a lot of backpacking/ rucking experience.

Glad to be a part of the community and look forward to going out and exploring more!

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
View attachment 17685

2. Los Angeles, CA
3. 2016 4Runner TRD Pro
4. Overlanding Experience: Novice

I am looking forward to meeting people and exploring the outdoors with my fellow overlanders!

Thomas (MASRUNNER)
Sweet Runner... Had I gone down that road, I'd have blacked mine out similar to yours. But, the Tacoma was more ideal for my situation and black didn't work out. Anyway, nice rig and welcome! Cheers, Walt

Adamoda14

Rank 0

Contributor I

McKinley Park, Chicago
Member #

For a while I've been checking out all the social media, thinking how cool overlanding is. February of '16 I bought a 100 series. The land cruiser has been a dream vehicle of mine since I was 18, 80 series. I bought it as is and well went through a lot to get the 180k vehicle sorted. With the help of a few folks it's now road trip worthy. Which brings me to my future excursion. I have never camped since being an adult. I'm from the south side of Chicago, it's not really our thing! Ha, but with the help of my Idaho born girlfriend friend, we are going to explore Conagree national park and the outer banks. A Carolina adventure.
I have a question, am I too much of a newbie to display my overland bound badge? The old skater in me doesn't want to seem like to much of a poser.
I love everything on four wheels. My daily is a tundra that I use to take me to jobs as a union Ironworker, local 1. Besides that I'm very involved with the Porsche club of America, Chicago region. I have a concours quality 944 with 115k on the odo and a 996. In '17 I started a Facebook page for all things car related in Chicagoland called Lowend Garage.

Total novice!

Attachments

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

For a while I've been checking out all the social media, thinking how cool overlanding is. February of '16 I bought a 100 series. The land cruiser has been a dream vehicle of mine since I was 18, 80 series. I bought it as is and well went through a lot to get the 180k vehicle sorted. With the help of a few folks it's now road trip worthy. Which brings me to my future excursion. I have never camped since being an adult. I'm from the south side of Chicago, it's not really our thing! Ha, but with the help of my Idaho born girlfriend friend, we are going to explore Conagree national park and the outer banks. A Carolina adventure.
I have a question, am I too much of a newbie to display my overland bound badge? The old skater in me doesn't want to seem like to much of a poser.
I love everything on four wheels. My daily is a tundra that I use to take me to jobs as a union Ironworker, local 1. Besides that I'm very involved with the Porsche club of America, Chicago region. I have a concours quality 944 with 115k on the odo and a 996. In '17 I started a Facebook page for all things car related in Chicagoland called Lowend Garage.

Total novice!
Wear it proud. There's an old skater in me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

rozyboom

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Twin Cities - Minnesota
Member #

Hello Pete here aka Rozyboom

Rig: 2009 JKU Rubicon - Stock as of now :)

Overlanding Experience Background: Umm I would say novice. New to Jeeping overall but have already done a little off-roading. Looking for trails in the Midwest to access on the weekends to develop my skills for longer treks. Signed up for 3 2017 Jeep Jamboree USA events - WI, IN, and WY. Really want to learn how to drive my rig on/over/thru anything I throw at it without making it a massive crawler.

Otherwise, I'm a adventure/adrenaline nut! I do it all. Skiing, Mountain Biking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Hiking, Camping, Climbing, and the list goes on and on. I needed a vehicle that could keep up, haul my gear, and have some fun with which brought me to a Jeep.

Few Rig shots from latest road trip :)

Last edited:

OverlandNYC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Staten Island, NY
Member #

Hi. Dominick here from the NYC Tri-State area. Born and raised in NYC. Tired of the city life, looking to explore and meet new people.

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, lifted with 285/70/17.
Experience: done some rock crawling at Rausch Creek in PA. No overland experience.

My first overland experience will be with friends in VA, overlanding for the first time this April at George Washington and Jefferson National Forest up to Green Ridge State Forest. 200mile run. I'm looking to learn as much as a I can so I can enjoy my time on the trails and in the mountains.

Pics of my rig: