Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

Hello Everyone, Dave Plant in company with "Carl," The Alaskan Bush Dog and Professional K9 Adventurer here. I'm very excited to join this group. After a few overland excursions into British Columbia, the Yukon Territory and Alaska, I decided to permanently break away from the lower 48 so that I could began my quest in the Last Frontier. That was in 2011 and Carl and I are still going strong. I highly recommend one overland into the far north at lease once. If you make it near our "Base Camp," be sure to reach out for help, info or just to tell lies and have a cup. Should you see a white 2007 4Runner in the Bush, with with a guy N his dog, dancing with a Moose... It's prolly us!

CapeXterra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Scituate, Massachusetts
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Reimels
Member #

Hey all. I'm new here and definitely glad I joined. Hopefully I can learn a few things to help me along the way. Looking forward to get my Xterra out and explore the New England area. Looking forward to taking my kids out on some adventures. Love to get out to the Moab area or even up north someday.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Andreas Schultz, and I just became a member.
Rig: 2002 Ford F250 Crewcab, short-bed , 4 x 4 with a 7.3 l turbo diesel
I bought the truck (my first truck) only a couple of years ago to tow our newly-acquired boat. Now that we have it, let's use it to explore the world. My off-roading and overlanding experience is limited to a couple of trips to Hollister Hills, but I hope to learn what it takes to go off the beaten path. I also do a lot of road cycling and mountain biking. My wife and two small (5 and 7) kids will accompany me on these adventures.
Welcome to the group, Always great to see more full size rigs.

montyPR

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

Hello, I'm Carlos Montanez (montyPR).
Current Vehicle: 1997 LX 450
Overland Experience: Straight out of the womb "Novice"
Emblem # 3858
Look forwarding to exploring, meeting new folks and just being part of a community that like to share and have fun. If you are in my area, feel free to drop by and have a cold one. All are welcomed!

By the way, I tried to add my location on the map and received this message "
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY - Error
You do not have permission to view this page right now. It may be because your account has not been upgraded yet. "

Reactions: Captain Chaos

NV.Recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Hello, I'm Carlos Montanez (montyPR).
Current Vehicle: 1997 LX 450
Overland Experience: Straight out of the womb "Novice"
Emblem # 3858
Look forwarding to exploring, meeting new folks and just being part of a community that like to share and have fun. If you are in my area, feel free to drop by and have a cold one. All are welcomed!

By the way, I tried to add my location on the map and received this message "
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY - Error
You do not have permission to view this page right now. It may be because your account has not been upgraded yet. "
You don't have to add yourself to the map, once you purchase your membership and post to this thread, https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/have-an-ob-emblem-upgrade-your-account.2029/page-79#post-80066 you just have to wait till @Michael or @Corrie have the time to upgrade your account and then it will add you automatically based on your profile location. Hope this helps.

Reactions: montyPR

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

Looks like I get to be first from Russia!

Rig: 1999, Toyota Prado 95
Experience: Mediocre..)

Sorry i ask here...

Have an OB Emblem? Upgrade Your Account!
I do not understand what should I do?

And way my map place red, not yellow..?
Hello Eugene! I'm fairly new to the group myself, but since I'm in Alaska I figure we're almost neighbors! As to your map place showing as red, that is what you see when are viewing the map from your log in page, the rest of us will see you as yellow. It's the same for me, when I'm logged in, I see myself on the map as red but I see you as yellow. To "upgrade" your account, go to your "profile" and scroll down on the left side the the "Upgrade Account" button. This will give you the option of upgrading to a fee based monthly subscription if you like. I do not believe this upgrade is something you have to do. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

GPack77

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pack
Member #

yota.jpeg
Hello, Im a firefighter in Gallatin,TN love to be outdoors. I have been interesting in getting into this for quite some time and didn't really know how and figured this would be a good place to start.
Ride: 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 4 Cylinder
Overlanding Experience: None, looking to learn, have fun and enjoy the outdoors
Only picture I could find. Glad to be here.
-Greg

Reactions: SLO Rob and Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

View attachment 17579
Hello, Im a firefighter in Gallatin,TN love to be outdoors. I have been interesting in getting into this for quite some time and didn't really know how and figured this would be a good place to start.
Ride: 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 4 Cylinder
Overlanding Experience: None, looking to learn, have fun and enjoy the outdoors
Only picture I could find. Glad to be here.
-Greg
Nice!! Welcome! I'm actually moving back to Nashville, TN but the SpringHill/Thompson Station area in June.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: AKBushDag

Zachariah

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lincolnton ga
First Name
Zachariah
Last Name
Mcree
Member #

Hey y'all just thought I'd stop in and say hi. Im in Augusta Ga I got out of overlanding a couple years ago. But I got bit buy the bug when i bought my new 2017 tacoma. I can wait to get out there with y'all and see the sights.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

My name is Justin and Im the owner of Anchor Mountain Overland in Fruita, CO. We are 90 miles from Moab, UT and spend a lot of time there in the spring, fall and winter. If you need any help or advice on the area feel free to contact me.
You can find me in a 2012 Jeep JKU when Im out on the trails or a 2015 F-150 when Im "Over-Roading" to national parks and places where I just dont need the jeep. I have about 20 years of offroad experience from coast to coast. Ive had 1ton crawlers and tube buggies in the past and have "Gotten back to basics" over the last few years and spend a lot of time camping, hiking and biking the western US.
Thanks for having me here and see you on the trail!!JK_Moab.jpg

RodofIron

Rank 0

Traveler I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Emmons
Hey everyone, I'm brand new to Overlanding. Currently living in Colorado and love camping skiing and all outdoor activities. I've pushed the family minivan beyond its limits so I'm looking for a rig to build on. I'd love any insights the community has for a good one to start with for a larger family (I have 4 kids ages 2 -12) Thanks!

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to Overlanding. Currently living in Colorado and love camping skiing and all outdoor activities. I've pushed the family minivan beyond its limits so I'm looking for a rig to build on. I'd love any insights the community has for a good one to start with for a larger family (I have 4 kids ages 2 -12) Thanks!
There are a few options for a large family it just depends on your budget and how difficult the trails you want to run are.

If you are leaning towards more camping and exploring dirt roads you can go with a Ford Expedition or Chevy Tahoe. For easy to moderate trails you can get yourself into a Toyota Land Cruiser or Sequoia. The older model Cruisers are very popular and have lots of aftermarket support. For more difficult trails the Cruiser can be built pretty stout and still seat 7 and you can get into a Jeep JKU with the teraflex 3rd seat addition. It will be tight but will be able to be built as tough as you want.

No matter which option you go with, cargo capacity will be slim and you will want to look into roof racks or offroad trailers. Good luck with your adventures, you came to the right place.

Jacob3809

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Hello, my name is Jacob
I am new to overlanding but not new to being in the outdoors with a 4x4. I have a 2015 F-150 with most of the goodies on it (always adding more). I am looking forward to getting out more and bringing my family with me.

I live in Colorado Springs and just got my emblem in the email today.

Reactions: Dunco and mtnlobo1

Craig Ebbers

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Member #

Hi, my name is Craig and I've got a jeep patriot. Not a traditional overlander I know, but it is also my everyday driver and has two car seats in the back for my boys. We enjoy camping out of our jeep, and look forward to doing more often when the boys are a bit older. We're from Manitoba in the great white north, but our rig has made it out to the mountains a few times already. I've also got a 74 cj5 that I would love to get out with more as well.

mtnlobo1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, CO
Member #

IMG_0437.JPG Hi from Denver! I'm new to OLB - returning to the OL life now that I have a rig capable of roads less traveled. Super stoked!

1) Picture! Build underway!
Gear installed: rhino rack - ditch mount track, vortex bars. Ski/board rack.
Gear stocked: rotopax, recovery tracks, tons o' camping stuff
Gear ordered: All-Pro OTT pack rack, RTT
Gear Wish List: tires, recovery equip/winch, sliders, swing out bumper, and, and, and
2) Location: Denver, CO
3) Rig: '17 Toyota Tacoma Pro
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Overland trips were limited to the capabilities of my good 'ole '01 Tacoma and with friends. Looking forward to putting together my own rig and learning a lot here! Great forum!

Reactions: SLO Rob