Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Radiola

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Huachuca City, AZ
Member #

Hi there. I joined a week or so ago and have just got my act together to introduce myself. I live in Somerset, in the south west of England. My rig is a 1998 Land Rover Defender 110, TD5. Modifications, well apart from a raised air intake, some side windows (it was a 3 door van) and a higher ratio top gear it is as standard as it came out of the factory 19 years ago. My approach has always been, keep it standard, keep it simple, keep it light and only go where we know we and our vehicle are capably of going. My wife an I had been overlanding for a few years now England, Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, we plan to do a lot more in the future, time and money allowing. We use a ground tent, but we are getting to that age when you think sleeping on the floor is it what we want. Perhaps a few more years as I love my truck, but a 4x4 camper is becoming more and more appealingView attachment 15895View attachment 15896 .
Welcome Andy!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Loc: El dorado hills, CA
Prev Rig: 2005 LR3 (kids hauler, mall crawler)
Current Rig: 2005 LR3 reborned
Overlanding: Novice, for now
Howdy Overlanders!
I'm new to overlanding but always loved the great outdoors. About the rig, I've had it since 2006 but only within the last 6months I started building it up for overlanding. I'm truly in love with it all over again. Really looking forward to hitting the trails on the regular. Cheers!
View attachment 15829 View attachment 15830 View attachment 15831
Welcome to OB! That's a great looking LR3, looks like you have done a lot to it. You will find a few rover folks on here for sure. @BEAR has an awesome LR3 and is in Northern CA, @erinw.rrc is the President of the Northern CA Land Rover Club and has an awesome LR4 that she and her friend are doing the 2017 Rebelle Rally. There are others as well out there in CA.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy from Colorado!
Rigs: 2012 Toyota Tacoma; 2005 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Lots of backroad travel, but I don't care much for rock crawling or really nasty stuff.
I've been an outdoor guy most of my 62 years. I hike a lot in the San Juan Mountains and do most outdoor things - camping, hunting, fishing. My wife and I just love to take off and ramble any back road we can find and see what's out there. It's all about creating memories! I always "lurk" on forums these days before getting involved as so many are so weird and critical. This forum is a breath of fresh air - just good folks having fun outdoors. I'm happy to join the group!
Welcome to OB! You are in such a great state for exploring beautiful trails.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi there. I joined a week or so ago and have just got my act together to introduce myself. I live in Somerset, in the south west of England. My rig is a 1998 Land Rover Defender 110, TD5. Modifications, well apart from a raised air intake, some side windows (it was a 3 door van) and a higher ratio top gear it is as standard as it came out of the factory 19 years ago. My approach has always been, keep it standard, keep it simple, keep it light and only go where we know we and our vehicle are capably of going. My wife an I had been overlanding for a few years now England, Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, we plan to do a lot more in the future, time and money allowing. We use a ground tent, but we are getting to that age when you think sleeping on the floor is it what we want. Perhaps a few more years as I love my truck, but a 4x4 camper is becoming more and more appealingView attachment 15895View attachment 15896 .
Welcome!!! I love your Defender - so nice! As you know, rover folks here in the states only dream about access to Defenders (without paying a huge sum of money).

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello!
Just joined today. I frequent tacomaworld and expedition portal, but glad to be with this community as well! I reside in the Pacific Northwest and have just been getting into off-road exploring. I initially built my 2011 Tacoma for fishing and camping, but then I discovered I could do so much more with it. I plan on completing the WABDR in two trips this year and a Utah trip sometime in the near future. I hope to meet some of you and get together for some exploring!
View attachment 15857 View attachment 15858 View attachment 15859
Welcome! Great looking Tacoma!

Reactions: yeos

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

Welcome!!! I love your Defender - so nice! As you know, rover folks here in the states only dream about access to Defenders (without paying a huge sum of money).
Thank you. For me there is something about cars with round headlights and their door hinges on the outside of the body, oh and the aerodynamics of a cinder block, perhaps I'm just old school.

NorthWestern Exposure

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Eagle Creek, OR
Member #

We're a little late signing up and checking in as we had twin girls around the same time we received our badge. That was two years ago and things are getting a little easier now. We thought Overlanding would be perfect for the family.

Located in Eagle Creek, OR / Northwest

2011 4Runner "Trail"

Off-roading on and off since the mid 90's when I bought a 77 Scout from my Dad. I drove it through college in Eastern Washington. Naches, Quartz Mountain, Blewett Pass, Lion's Rock, for those familiar with the area. A few more rigs in between the years, took some time off and now getting back into it.

Looks like we just missed a meet in PDX, we'll try to hit the next one. Looking forward to meeting up with people in the area.

lostntranz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

el dorado hills
Member #

Welcome to OB! That's a great looking LR3, looks like you have done a lot to it. You will find a few rover folks on here for sure. @BEAR has an awesome LR3 and is in Northern CA, @erinw.rrc is the President of the Northern CA Land Rover Club and has an awesome LR4 that she and her friend are doing the 2017 Rebelle Rally. There are others as well out there in CA.
@finlayforprez Thanks!

That's awesome. I'm sure we all will cross-paths soon enough- will be on the lookout for the OB emblem. Let the journey begin..

Reactions: finlayforprez

KMc503

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland, OR
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
McClune
Member #

Hey, my name is Kyle

Current Vehicle: Black 2016 4Runner SR5
Overland Experience: Novice, although I used to have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler that liked to get muddy
Why Overlanding: Being in the PNW I need to try to get outdoors more and need to start exploring new places. I'm also looking for a place to learn more about upgrading my 4Runner, and learn from others.

Big.bucknc1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buck
Member #

Hey all, I'm Jason and I live just north of Charlotte NC. I have an 05 Trailblazer, stock, rearwheel drive, so I really dont do any off roading, but Im hoping to change that. Ive camped and hiked my whole life, but due to health reasons I cant hike like a used to. I was looking for a way to get out of the high traffic camping areas and stumbled upon this Overlanding concept. Love the sound of it. To me it sounds like the perfect fit to be able to get the family (wife and 8yr. old son) out and in the outdoors. Hoping to learn a lot before I purchase a different vehicle so I know what Im looking for. Looks like a great community here. Hope to meet up with some of you all at some point.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Hello every one names Jeremy from SETX hoping to meet a few people from our area that share the same interstate in Overlanding . Here is my rig 1998 runner limited 4wd not a lot done at the moment but she's getting there

Attachments

Last edited:

four.wheel.travel

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Lockwood, CA, USA
First Name
Four Wheel
Last Name
Travel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Him
Name: Steve
Rig: 1973 Land Rover Series 3 109 (UK Spec, with LHD conversion on rebuild)
Overlanding Experience: Long term wannabe. Owned multiple Land Rovers over the years - 1985 Defender 110 (UK Spec), 1993 Defender 90 (UK Spec), 1994 Defender 90 (US Spec), and now the current rig. Managed to avoid much overlanding, so far. Driven around on a few dirt roads though.

601668_10151522100940875_1258639676_n.jpg