Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Reyes
Last Name
Murrieta
Member #

Hello everyone!

Here is a pic from moab last June, first big trip after my build.
DSCN3337 (2).JPG

2) I am currently based out of Fort Collins, CO
3) And my rig is a 2001, Dodge, Durango
4) My Overlanding Experience Background is what I consider Noviceish, I have been camping, hunting, and wheeling since I was a kid so I feel very comfortable outdoors. I enjoy technical rock crawling and recently I have found myself feeling the attraction to the overland lifestyle. I built my rig in my garage, and it has proven reliable and has taken me on a couple 2,000 mile adventures this past year.

Last edited:

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

Another new member here in Lake Forest CA. Just recently picked up a 2016 quicksand 4runner TRD Pro and have been loving it. This seems like the best place to talk trails/mods/tips and make new friends.
Thanks for having me [emoji1360]
This is what I would drive if Land Rovers didn't exist. nice!

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

Me too Erin! Oh gosh I forgot you were here (it's been a bit of a crazy last month, will catch you up). You should check out @gulfstreamchris and his LR4 build thread..... amazing!!!!!! Say hi to Jared!!!!
I hear you! I've been very busy as well. We missed you at the last DitD. If you have time the next time you are in town, perhaps we could just grab a bite for dinner and catch up. Send me a PM.

Going to check out @gulfstreamchris now. Thanks David and miss you!

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone!
Here is a pic from moab last June, first big trip after my build.
View attachment 15775

2) I am currently based out of Fort Collins, CO
3) And my rig is a 2001, Dodge, Durango
4) My Overlanding Experience Background is what I consider Noviceish, I have been camping, hunting, and wheeling since I was a kid so I feel very comfortable outdoors. I enjoy technical rock crawling and recently I have found myself feeling the attraction to the overland lifestyle. I built my rig in my garage, and it has proven reliable and has taken me on a couple 2,000 mile adventures this past year.
Welcome to OB! That's a great looking Durango. My mom actually had a 2001 Dodge Durango in the same color and it was lots of fun to drive, but your Durango is way more built up and epic! :)

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I hear you! I've been very busy as well. We missed you at the last DitD. If you have time the next time you are in town, perhaps we could just grab a bite for dinner and catch up. Send me a PM.
Going to check out @gulfstreamchris now. Thanks David and miss you!
Hey Erin, will do! I'll send you a message the usual way... Oh yes, I was actually fully planning on the DitD but an emergency came up and had to leave town. I am there end of April, let's DEFINITELY make plans soon and I promise to keep them! Miss you guys!

Reactions: erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

Hey Erin, will do! I'll send you a message the usual way... Oh yes, I was actually fully planning on the DitD but an emergency came up and had to leave town. I am there end of April, let's DEFINITELY make plans soon and I promise to keep them! Miss you guys!
Sounds good David! See you then. Until then, I will watch from afar on OB.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi everyone !
I'm from France, Paris. I often visit the US.
I just got the chance to drive a Jeep Wrangler and I would love to drive it around in it's own environnement !
I would love to take a trip across the US one day close to nature and far from big cities ;)
Welcome! Wow, it's so great having you here from Paris. Hope you get to make a trip to the US sometime.

lostntranz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

el dorado hills
Member #

Loc: El dorado hills, CA
Prev Rig: 2005 LR3 (kids hauler, mall crawler)
Current Rig: 2005 LR3 reborned
Overlanding: Novice, for now

Howdy Overlanders!
I'm new to overlanding but always loved the great outdoors. About the rig, I've had it since 2006 but only within the last 6months I started building it up for overlanding. I'm truly in love with it all over again. Really looking forward to hitting the trails on the regular. Cheers!

photo_2017-02-06_12-32-04.jpg photo_2017-02-06_12-33-06.jpg photo_2017-02-06_12-32-39.jpg

RD Stone

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Howdy from Colorado!
Rigs: 2012 Toyota Tacoma; 2005 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Lots of backroad travel, but I don't care much for rock crawling or really nasty stuff.
I've been an outdoor guy most of my 62 years. I hike a lot in the San Juan Mountains and do most outdoor things - camping, hunting, fishing. My wife and I just love to take off and ramble any back road we can find and see what's out there. It's all about creating memories! I always "lurk" on forums these days before getting involved as so many are so weird and critical. This forum is a breath of fresh air - just good folks having fun outdoors. I'm happy to join the group!

Attachments

yeos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moses Lake
First Name
Torn
Last Name
Saelee
Member #

Hello!

Just joined today. I frequent tacomaworld and expedition portal, but glad to be with this community as well! I reside in the Pacific Northwest and have just been getting into off-road exploring. I initially built my 2011 Tacoma for fishing and camping, but then I discovered I could do so much more with it. I plan on completing the WABDR in two trips this year and a Utah trip sometime in the near future. I hope to meet some of you and get together for some exploring!

FB_IMG_1479619304410.jpg IMG_20170128_164244.jpg IMG_20161126_115237.jpg

TMP

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Powers
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ONM
Loc: El dorado hills, CA
Prev Rig: 2005 LR3 (kids hauler, mall crawler)
Current Rig: 2005 LR3 reborned
Overlanding: Novice, for now

Howdy Overlanders!
I'm new to overlanding but always loved the great outdoors. About the rig, I've had it since 2006 but only within the last 6months I started building it up for overlanding. I'm truly in love with it all over again. Really looking forward to hitting the trails on the regular. Cheers!

View attachment 15829 View attachment 15830 View attachment 15831
That is a sweet Rover!

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

Hi there. I joined a week or so ago and have just got my act together to introduce myself. I live in Somerset, in the south west of England. My rig is a 1998 Land Rover Defender 110, TD5. Modifications, well apart from a raised air intake, some side windows (it was a 3 door van) and a higher ratio top gear it is as standard as it came out of the factory 19 years ago. My approach has always been, keep it standard, keep it simple, keep it light and only go where we know we and our vehicle are capably of going. My wife an I had been overlanding for a few years now England, Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, we plan to do a lot more in the future, time and money allowing. We use a ground tent, but we are getting to that age when you think sleeping on the floor is it what we want. Perhaps a few more years as I love my truck, but a 4x4 camper is becoming more and more appealingP7265931 (2).JPGP7215685.JPG .

Attachments