Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

My name is Glisch and I am based a bit south of Houston, Tx. I enjoy camping/backpacking/biking, but I am completely new to overlanding. I found the community through the OB youtube channel, and decided to join from there.

I actually don't have my rig yet. I ordered a tacoma last week, but was given an expected timeframe of 4-6 weeks for delivery. Just gives me plenty of time to do research and planning for when it's finally here. I'll be poking around the boot camp threads and checking out the 'How to Enjoy Texas' data.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you in the coming months!
Welcome to Overland Bound Glisch
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Gary and Suzette, we live in Las Vegas and are new to this! We have driven many miles on dirt trails in my Ram 2500 exploring ghost towns here in Nevada but recently bought a 2021 Jeep JLU Willys Edition. We hope to see everyone out on the trails soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives in Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is a very active group in Las Vegas doing lots of trips that you might be interested in. A good contact for them is @mwilson920
Here is the most recent Rally Point;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.
Long....Loooong time adventurer here. Backpacking, paddling, kayaking....pretty much anything outdoors is my thing. I've never watched sports and don't even know how football is scored.

Coming up on having some time and turning my business over to my son. Looking at going further from home and spending more time out on bigger trips more frequently.
I've also been tweaking my new toy. A 2020 Tacoma I've been outfitting for some camping fun. Did a sleeping platform, home made awning system and a road shower I made yesterday.
Figured this could be a good place to be. Nice to meet you all.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Reactions: RatAssassin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, New Friends!

Found this community through the youtube channel, and I love the content. I am new to over landing. Really, I am just a fella that likes to go camping several times a summer, and prefers to not be surrounded by half of Denver when I go. I work a 14 day schedule, so 14 days on, 14 days off. We live in Longmont, Co, we have been here for about 3 years.

Our rig is a 2019 4Runner, SR5, 4wd. I have been adding to it, sliders, RCI skid plates, and most recently a Baja roofrack, full length basket. I will be adding air bags to the rear end, probably tomorrow, she gets pretty droopy in the rear with hardly any cargo.

I keep saying "we", really, it is me, but I am actively trying to get my wife to tag along. It would be great to find some folks to do some traveling with, as I am new to offroad 4x4 driving. An experienced group would be a great way to get a clue.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I am Mike.
In Colorado Springs
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have wheeled a bit, nothing crazy and done quite a bit of 4x4 camping.
Went as a plus one with some people off here. Had a good time. Signed up.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r

BrandiLS

Rank II

Contributor III

Pinckney, MI, USA
First Name
Brandi
Last Name
Soldo
Member #

Hello Brandi, welcome from Phoenix. Is ”Hell” an actual town or just a general description of Michigan in general? :)
Try trailsoffroad.com for local trails to try.
Hi Rich F4L,
Thank you for the recommendation! I will check trailsoffroad.com out.
And hell yes, Hell is an actual town (gotohellmi.com). In fact Hell froze over again this year. It's a definite stop-by if anyone is in this area. Just 30 min from Ann Arbor; beautiful two-lane roads to get here and beyond. Hell abuts the Pinckney Recreation Area with fabulous trails for hiking, biking and horseriding. Go to Hell! and visit the Hell Saloon, the Hell Hole, and the Screams Ice Cream store that has all sorts of halloween-themed gifts. You can even start things out right and get married in Hell's Chapel of Love. :relaxed:

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here.
Name- sterling rotter
Location- south texas
Rig- 2017 toyota tundra crew max
Experience- mediocre
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
When you go to Utah and CO you can get local information from the Member Reps in the Rocky Mountain Region. CO Front Range @trail_runn4r CO Western Slope @OpenlanderZ and in UT @Knitron @A-Aron.

Reactions: Sterling rotter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all adventure heads! I am Brandi and very excited to be a new member on this interesting forum. Hope to cross dirt paths with some of you soon!

Vehicle: recently traded the Subaru for a 2018 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in (appropriately) “INFERNO”
Experience: it’s been over 20 years since I drove the backroads in beautiful CO in a Nissan Kingcab 4x4. I loved being able to find a spot roadside to pitch a tent and share a fire with friends surrounded by nature and no light traffic. [enter postdoc in MI, very time-consuming job, and different activities]. I’ve missed a truck and I have a little more time to travel backcountry for days. I’d like to learn if/where there is this opportunity around these parts.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandi
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: BrandiLS

RodgerS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Rodger
Last Name
Schuester
Thought I should mention I have made a directional change. I start my Gyroplane training next week.
I plan to allocate the money I had set aside for an AntiShanty towards a Autogyro Calidus Gyroplane.
Obviously this says nothing useful about the AntiShanty or about Over landing, but is simply a whole different direction.
Cheers.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Gary and Suzette, we live in Las Vegas and are new to this! We have driven many miles on dirt trails in my Ram 2500 exploring ghost towns here in Nevada but recently bought a 2021 Jeep JLU Willys Edition. We hope to see everyone out on the trails soon!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Overlanding and OB. If you have any questions, please reach out.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I am in Beaverton Oregon at this time
I have a 2019 Subaru Outback that I am just building up for my adventure rig.
Somewhat experienced off-roader, getting more into overlanding/softroading
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

93jason.smith

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saginaw, MI, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello everyone my names Jason, Glad to be a part of what seems to be a great community. This is my 2021 Colorado 4x4 WT it is a W.I.P I am always adding onto it. I live in Michigan where their is a lot of good times and adventures to be had.

Attachments

Peter H

Rank I

Contributor III

Herenthout, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hasendonckx
This is my travel companion and daily driver...
A simple video to show my modifications.
I'm located in Herenthout, Belgium. Due to the very strict regulations in Belgium concerning vehicle modifications, everything suspension and drivetrain must remain stock.
The vehicle is a 2002 Mitsubishi L200 (Triton in other parts of the world...)Just added mud terrain tires and better shocks for off road performance. It has a factory LSD in the rear, no lockers.
A little bit about myself...
I have been offroading for +30 years, did some winch competitions, extreme challenge and offroad rallies all over Europe and Africa. I was a marshall at winch competitions and at the Morocco desert challenge for several years. Currently building a Landrover Discovery for cross country rally.
But also enjoying the solitude of travelling alone...

BuffaloPhil

Rank IV

Influencer II

Jackson, WY, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Hi, new member from Jackson Hole, WY now on my third Land Cruiser...took plunge on the 2021 out of fear it will be the last of the breed. Primarily explore Grand Teton National Park and surrounding Greater Yelowstone Ecosystem. Plus, love driving the Emigrant Trails (Oregon, California, Mormon) that all cross Wyoming, mainly on BLM land.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone my names Jason, Glad to be a part of what seems to be a great community. This is my 2021 Colorado 4x4 WT it is a W.I.P I am always adding onto it. I live in Michigan where their is a lot of good times and adventures to be had.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi, new member from Jackson Hole, WY now on my third Land Cruiser...took plunge on the 2021 out of fear it will be the last of the breed. Primarily explore Grand Teton National Park and surrounding Greater Yelowstone Ecosystem. Plus, love driving the Emigrant Trails (Oregon, California, Mormon) that all cross Wyoming, mainly on BLM land.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello My name Tony George
Interested in Overlanding and Off-roading
Building a 93 LC

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello, New Friends!

Found this community through the youtube channel, and I love the content. I am new to over landing. Really, I am just a fella that likes to go camping several times a summer, and prefers to not be surrounded by half of Denver when I go. I work a 14 day schedule, so 14 days on, 14 days off. We live in Longmont, Co, we have been here for about 3 years.

Our rig is a 2019 4Runner, SR5, 4wd. I have been adding to it, sliders, RCI skid plates, and most recently a Baja roofrack, full length basket. I will be adding air bags to the rear end, probably tomorrow, she gets pretty droopy in the rear with hardly any cargo.

I keep saying "we", really, it is me, but I am actively trying to get my wife to tag along. It would be great to find some folks to do some traveling with, as I am new to offroad 4x4 driving. An experienced group would be a great way to get a clue.
Hi Terral, welcome to the community. There are plenty of active folks in the front range that can help you on that, there are several trip in the works for the next season, keep an eye on the Rally Point page!