Rank II

Contributor III

Seal beach, Ca
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Lash
Member #

Hello everybody I’m a total noob. I live in Seal Beach, Ca and drive 2017 Subaru Forester Xt. I love camping and trailing!!! The last 8 months since I’ve had the rig have been a blast! I look forward to learning and growing with y’all

Attachments

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everybody I’m a total noob. I live in Seal Beach, Ca and drive 2017 Subaru Forester Xt. I love camping and trailing!!! The last 8 months since I’ve had the rig have been a blast! I look forward to learning and growing with y’all
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R and IrieRoo

JakeW

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hey everyone!
I’m Jake, I live in the metro Detroit area. I would say I have moderate experience overlanding, I love camping and hitting trails in northern Michigan. I drive a 2013 Nissan Xterra, with a 2” bilstein 5100 lift, 33” BFG Ko2. I’m really excited to join the community and learn from everyone on OB!

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey everyone!
I’m Jake, I live in the metro Detroit area. I would say I have moderate experience overlanding, I love camping and hitting trails in northern Michigan. I drive a 2013 Nissan Xterra, with a 2” bilstein 5100 lift, 33” BFG Ko2. I’m really excited to join the community and learn from everyone on OB!
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice. Be sure to check out the vehicle build threads, there you can find lots of ideas to incorporate into your own build.

Reactions: Kent R

Olyelleroverland

Rank I

Traveler I

Hayesville, NC 28904, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Thomson
Member #

Olyelleroverland here finally lol
Running a 2006 Nissan Xterra, CVT Mt. Rainier, fully built out and always changing it up. Working on a custom M416 style trailer now. We live in the mountains of Western North Carolina/North Georgia. Having been involved in outdoor activities my whole life, I have a decent amount of experience.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Running a 2006 Nissan Xterra, CVT Mt. Rainier, fully built out and always changing it up. Working on a custom M416 style trailer now. We live in the mountains of Western North Carolina/North Georgia. Having been involved in outdoor activities my whole life, I have a decent amount of experience.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Good looking rig
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jake
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, I grew up on the other side of the hills from you, I grew up in East TN - North GA.

Mnt. Rhino

Rank II

Contributor III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Swain
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Matt in Placerville CA. I was getting in tough situations on roads accessing backpacking trail heads, so I bought an Off Road trimeline Tacoma nearly two years ago. Since then, I've given it pin strips, some good dings, and a broken window. Now I bring a chain saw on those kinds of runs. My first day off road (light trails near Morman Emmigrant Trail) I had to pull out a stuck rig! Bought my own recovery gear the next day. Looking to partner up with others for support on trips. Hoping to meet up with the Sierra group that meets in Folsom.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Javi:

Location - Cuenca (Spain)
Vehicle - Nissan Terrano II
Experience - Beginner on the overland world... I've only Walked on simple tracks

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm Matt in Placerville CA. I was getting in tough situations on roads accessing backpacking trail heads, so I bought an Off Road trimeline Tacoma nearly two years ago. Since then, I've given it pin strips, some good dings, and a broken window. Now I bring a chain saw on those kinds of runs. My first day off road (light trails near Morman Emmigrant Trail) I had to pull out a stuck rig! Bought my own recovery gear the next day. Looking to partner up with others for support on trips. Hoping to meet up with the Sierra group that meets in Folsom.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
See you on the 16th!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Javi:

Location - Cuenca (Spain)
Vehicle - Nissan Terrano II
Experience - Beginner on the overland world... I've only Walked on simple tracks
Welcome to Overland Bound Javi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reba87

Rank 0

Traveler I

Brevard, NC, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Kanupp
Well, I would like to start by introducing myself. Some folks call me Donald, others call me Ryan. It really doesn't matter as long as you don't call me, late for dinner. Ha ha... Ha, yeah, sorry. I'm relatively new to overlanding. I acquired a bone stock 96 f150 XLT 4WD from my father. It has a brand new 302 that's been bored and stroked to a 347. I also built a wooden platform and drawer system in the bed. She's also got a hard top camper shell. Other than that everything on the truck is 26 years old. I've been on a few rides and camping/fly fishing trips, now I have the bug. I live in Brevard, NC and I'm planning on outfitting the truck over the next several months. I can't wait to connect and be a part of this group. Happy Adventures!

Attachments

Jeeprushlb

Rank I

Contributor III

Aurora, DuPage County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Hey everyone! Been watching on YouTube, didn’t realize how in depth this site was, but impressed and glad I’m here now! I am a noob to “overlanding” but not to basic vehicle camping. I am here to try to learn as much as I can especially about navigation off road. I have a month off (first time ever) and will be in Colorado, and Utah at end of May/most of June to try this in more remote areas. I have a completely stock 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I have quality camping gear too. What I lack other than remote off road driving/navigation is proper storage and organization for my gear. I wish I had a rack, but I don’t! Whatever. I have a mattress and can sleep in Jeep and also have a 1 man ultra lite tent that I’ve used bikepacking (and at some music festival ⚡). Looking forward to learning from you and hopefully meeting up with like minded souls! WALSTIB ✌

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Well, I would like to start by introducing myself. Some folks call me Donald, others call me Ryan. It really doesn't matter as long as you don't call me, late for dinner. Ha ha... Ha, yeah, sorry. I'm relatively new to overlanding. I acquired a bone stock 96 f150 XLT 4WD from my father. It has a brand new 302 that's been bored and stroked to a 347. I also built a wooden platform and drawer system in the bed. She's also got a hard top camper shell. Other than that everything on the truck is 26 years old. I've been on a few rides and camping/fly fishing trips, now I have the bug. I live in Brevard, NC and I'm planning on outfitting the truck over the next several months. I can't wait to connect and be a part of this group. Happy Adventures!

Reactions: Kent R and Reba87

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello All!
Jose here! Pleasure to meet you all.
Rig: 2003 Honda Pilot (thinking of holding on for a couple of years before I move on to something different).
Experience: definitely new at this.