Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello everyone
I’m new to Overland Bound One
I’m in the canyon city Colorado area in my unit is a 1994 Toyota 4Runner. I’m excited to start this new adventure adventure in life to see where it takes me.
Welcome Justin! A group of use was just in that area few days ago.

P.S.: I would recommend to remove your full address from your profile.

lolzhax

Rank III

Traveler III

Roseville, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Walley
Member #

Just joined, a friend told me about this group back in June when I bought my jeep, and subsequently dove into the deep end of adventure exploring. Finally paid my dues since my build is ready enough. Long time car enthusiast, first time overlander.

Hope to see some of you on the trail! Follow along on ig @lolzhax

Attachments

Ruby4Runner

Rank III

Contributor III

Melba, ID, USA
First Name
Aerin
Last Name
Crews
Member #

I am new to Overlanding but have grown up camping deep in the woods or on the beach, depending on the time of year, but it's been a while. My husband and I are taking this new adventure together. We just got a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. We have fallen in love with her (named her Ruby). We are from the Lathrop area, and spend a lot of time in the Tahoe/Carson City area also. We are still fairly new to all of this but have tested out her stock features at a few OHV parks. Can't wait to get this adventure started and meet new people who enjoy the same.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Just joined, a friend told me about this group back in June when I bought my jeep, and subsequently dove into the deep end of adventure exploring. Finally paid my dues since my build is ready enough. Long time car enthusiast, first time overlander.

Welcome to the OB crew, if you are interested in some 411 on overlanding, head to the Boot Camp threads, there is a lot of useful information there. And be sure to ask questions, the experienced overlanders willingly share their knowledge and advice.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I am new to Overlanding but have grown up camping deep in the woods or on the beach, depending on the time of year, but it's been a while. My husband and I are taking this new adventure together. We just got a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. We have fallen in love with her (named her Ruby). We are from the Lathrop area, and spend a lot of time in the Tahoe/Carson City area also. We are still fairly new to all of this but have tested out her stock features at a few OHV parks. Can't wait to get this adventure started and meet new people who enjoy the same.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you want some tips on how to outfit Ruby, head over to vehicle build threads, there you can get advice on gear that works on a 4Runner and also check out the Boot Camp threads, there is a ton of useful information to get you started getting out and exploring.

Ruby4Runner

Rank III

Contributor III

Melba, ID, USA
First Name
Aerin
Last Name
Crews
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, if you want some tips on how to outfit Ruby, head over to vehicle build threads, there you can get advice on gear that works on a 4Runner and also check out the Boot Camp threads, there is a ton of useful information to get you started getting out and exploring.
Thank you, I will definitely do that! A bit overwhelmed with all the information out there but looking forward to combing through it and learning everything I can.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@jambent ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in South Texas you are but we have had meet ups in the Houston and Austin areas, so keep an eye out for upcoming meet up info.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Kent R

PFLTactical

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pflugerville, TX
First Name
Carston
Last Name
Buehler
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
1) Picture - okay, it's attached.
2) Location (Just NE of Austin, TX)
3) Rig (2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie, Fox Coil Overs up front, iKamper X-Cover, Cooper SST Pro Tires, Centerline Wheels)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice and want to experience more!)

Attachments

SafeWordKL

Rank I

Member I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sievers
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Matt. My wife and i recently upgraded from a veloster to something a little more capable. Used to do a lot of camping/hunting/fishing when we lived on the west coast (Grew up 20+ years in the phx metro area and lived in SoCal for a few years as well). Looking to get back out there and experience more, this time with a vehicle.

We have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I've been off-roading plenty of time, but never behind the wheel or usually on an ATV of some sort.

Looking for some easy stuff to start out with in Middle TN or the surrounding areas and will eventually get back west to do some of the trails out there.

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.54.19 AM.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, my name is Matt. My wife and i recently upgraded from a veloster to something a little more capable. Used to do a lot of camping/hunting/fishing when we lived on the west coast (Grew up 20+ years in the phx metro area and lived in SoCal for a few years as well). Looking to get back out there and experience more, this time with a vehicle.

We have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I've been off-roading plenty of time, but never behind the wheel or usually on an ATV of some sort.

Looking for some easy stuff to start out with in Middle TN or the surrounding areas and will eventually get back west to do some of the trails out there.

View attachment 185441
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors Hank sets up lots of trips and meet-ups and is a great source of information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture - okay, it's attached.
2) Location (Just NE of Austin, TX)
3) Rig (2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie, Fox Coil Overs up front, iKamper X-Cover, Cooper SST Pro Tires, Centerline Wheels)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice and want to experience more!)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There are two meet-ups you might be interested in;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Manteca/Ripon/Modesto area;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-central-cali
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: Ruby4Runner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There are two meet-ups that you might be interested in;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there!
I'm Dale from the Southeastern corner of Iowa
My rig is a 2003 Honda Element. Keeping it sort of stock with fun additions to get down the road.
I am a novice at Overlanding. I have chased adventure racers around the backroads, BLM roads, and forestry roads around the country. I have camped at the corner of the middle of nowhere and the road to nowhere.
My wife thinks I have a problem. I have a tendency to ask, "I wonder where this road goes?" Then I find out.
This summer I am packing up and going. Colorado, Utah, Nevada and Cali. Might even attempt to clime a California 14er.
Would be interested in finding out where folks go around the tri-state area.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dale
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt
On your trip you can make contact with the different Regional Directors and Representatives for local advise. The member map can also help you on your trip.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have a 2011 jeep rubicon
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Prerunner1982

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Actually its not us who are the closest to you. We are in West Texas about 7 hours from Austin. @Kent R

Reactions: Kent R