Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello all. New to Overland Bound. Many years experience hiking, RV camping, trail horseback camping, but new to the overland community. In southern Germany for a few years for work and saw all of the great overlanding videos of the western alps of Italy and France and decided we have to experience it.

I have a 2004 BMW X5 3.0. COVID has prevented much travel lately so I am using the time to get my stuff together to hit the trails as soon as we can. Would love to hear from anyone in Southern Germany or anyone that has any tips for a BMW X5. Chose the X5 because it is the vehicle I have and since I've owned it since new, I know the maintenance and reliability. Got a few things in the works like tires, wheels, and suspension overhaul (bushings, shocks, etc.) to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Look forward to hearing from the community!

Jim
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi all!

Just joined a few days ago and relatively new to overlanding. Reside in sunny South Florida, so don't think there are many folks near me.

Drive a Jeep Wk2 (Grand Cherokee).

Looking forward to meeting some folks and making some great trips!
Welcome to the OB crew, if you want to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp treads, there is lots of useful information. Ask questions, we have experienced overlanders who love to share their knowledge and advice.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all, new member here. Family and I have a 96 Suburban 4x4 7.4L 8 lug we're making our own. Look forward to all the fun we're gonna have and what others are doing to their rigs. Take care and be safe!
Welcome to the OB crew, the forums are packed with all sorts of information to help you with your build. Ask questions, there are a lot of experienced overlanders who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new member here. Family and I have a 96 Suburban 4x4 7.4L 8 lug we're making our own. Look forward to all the fun we're gonna have and what others are doing to their rigs. Take care and be safe!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Manteca/Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: 9Mike2

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

Just joined a few days ago and relatively new to overlanding. Reside in sunny South Florida, so don't think there are many folks near me.

Drive a Jeep Wk2 (Grand Cherokee).

Looking forward to meeting some folks and making some great trips!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Use the member map to see who is in Southern FL.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning. Just joined up. Have a ham friend who told me about this group.
Call sign is KN6EZF
Location is Redding, CA
Rig is 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2, faily stock, with a camper shell.
With this rig I've done some off roading: a trip to the Trinity Divide and a Death Valley trip with my daughter.
Years past I've owned 2 FJ-40's, a couple of Blazers (K5 and S-10) and a couple of explorers and done a fair amount of overland camping.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; North State @Cottonwoody who can also advise you of the local meet-up in Anderson.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Friday night Ham Net

JTRDIESEL

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
XXXX
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NOM
Hi All!

I'm Josh, I recently moved to San Jose, CA from the Dallas, TX Area.

Rig is a 2016 Tacoma DCLB, pretty well outfitted...only armor I don't have yet is a rear bumper as I have yet to lose my stock bumper on the trail...

Been overlanding for 4 years now. I enjoy getting out off the beaten path and my travels have led me to take up photography as a hobby to try and capture all of these beautiful places...the forum won't let me upload any good quality photos due to size limitations, so here's a quick iPhone shot on my recent snowboarding trip in the Truckee area overlooking Donner lake.

I'll be taking my HAM tech test in about a month, so no call sign as of yet.

I'm lookin forward to exploring more in California as there's lots within a reasonable drive vs when I was living in Dallas.

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi All!

Rig is a 2016 Tacoma DCLB, pretty well outfitted...only armor I don't have yet is a rear bumper as I have yet to lose my stock bumper on the trail...

Been overlanding for 4 years now. I enjoy getting out off the beaten path and my travels have led me to take up photography as a hobby to try and capture all of these beautiful places...the forum won't let me upload any good quality photos due to size limitations, so here's a quick iPhone shot on my recent snowboarding trip in the Truckee area overlooking Donner lake.

I'm lookin forward to exploring more in California as there's lots within a reasonable drive vs when I was living in Dallas.
Welcome to the OB crew, very nice picture.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi All!

Welcome from NE Oklahoma! My family migrated from Los Altos once upon a time lol.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy all, my name is Dennis.
i’m from the Portland OR area. I drive a 2003 subaru forester that i am slowly trying to make into a capable little rig!
Welcome to the OB crew Dennis, for some information on getting started in overlanding, head over to our Boot Camp threads in the forums, and be sure to ask questions, there are a lot of experienced overlanders here who are willing to share their knowledge and advice.

Enthusiast I

Plainfield, IL, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Renda
Member #

Howdy all,

I‘m Vince. I enjoy getting lost... literally... and finding my way back. Since leaving WA 4 years ago... I’ve done little to no off road exploring.

I am currently working on building up my 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP.

We’re currently in Illinois awaiting retirement in a few more years and trying to figure where to plant ourselves...... back in the PNW or down east????? The mountains are always calling name....

33F9E59B-3507-4726-96FE-511D87AC1F51.jpeg

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

Howdy all,

I‘m Vince. I enjoy getting lost... literally... and finding my way back. Since leaving WA 4 years ago... I’ve done little to no off road exploring.

We’re currently in Illinois awaiting retirement in a few more years and trying to figure where to plant ourselves...... back in the PNW or down east????? The mountains are always calling name....

View attachment 185285

welcome! nice rig

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy all,
I end

View attachment 185285
Welcome to the OB crew, getting lost is half of the fun, if you need inspiration for your 4Runner build the forums are your friend, ask questions, the Experienced overlanders will be happy to share their knowledge.