Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
Experience: None

Hello,
I am extremely excited to start off roading. I don’t have a Jeep or a Tacoma but I’ll make sure my Subaru will get me to all the places I want to explore!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: eProtocol

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Thanks Mario, she is getting ready to get big brake kit, ARB lockers front and rear with 4.88 gears.
Sweet, after watching Jeepin Jason - AutoEdits I had wanted the Big Brake Kit from Power Stop, I ended up picking the Z36 kit for my Ram, and they don't make that kit for CJs. I just had my AMC 360 rebuilt last year and I'm thinking about swapping in a Cummins R2.8 next fall.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Been reading threads on "light weight" recovery gear. Things have come a long way from the shovel, 2x10s, rope and come along of my youth. After dragging a 29' travel trailer around the country, we are now looking at the AT Overland Atlas. Not looking to get into serious mudding or rock crawling, now looking at some more remote camp sites near trail running events. Truck is my DD so only mild mods to meet our needs. Liking the flow of what I've read here.
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello hello!

I'm Andy
Based in Colorado.
No rig at all at the moment, unfortunately.
I'll go with experienced-ish? Grew up in CO spending as much of my free time as I could out in the mountains and exploring new places every chance I had.

Spent the last year in Guam for work. Excited to get back home here in a couple months, get me a new rig to start building, meet some adventure buddies and hit the mountains and trails again!
Welcome to the OB crew

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Rig: 1989 Land Rover 110, ex-Australian Army "Perentie". Was FFR (Fitted For Radio), now FFC (Fitted For Camping). Upgrades include Defender hard top panel with Front Runner roof rack , disc brakes all-round, heavy duty clutch, long travel suspension, civilian 12V dual battery system fitted, onboard compressor, various surveillance model bolt-on extras (dual spare wheel carrier, underslung jerrycan carrier, interior bins/toolboxes, side jerrycan panniers), APT snorkel, Wolf rims fitted with dinky little 7.50/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3s - in remote areas, 7.50/16s are a dime a dozen whereas big rubber is scarce.
Experience: extensive travel around Australia in the vehicle. In 2018 and 2019 I got dust on my swag from NSW, Vic, Tas, SA, WA, NT, Qld. Cape York, Gulf Country, etc. 2020 I was supposed to head off for a Perth to Darwin trip through the Kimberleys and Pilbara but like many here, my plans were stalled due to the covid-pocalypse. Maybe this year...?

View attachment 183631
View attachment 183634
View attachment 183633
View attachment 183632
Hello TheJungleIsNeutral (@TheJungleIsNeutral), welcome from Tamworth NSW.

I am Adrian one of your NSW Member Rep, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Aussie571

Check out the New South Wales Region or any other sub-forum for local or global information and involvement opportunities.

Australia:
New South Wales Region
Queensland Region
Victoria Region

Here is the link to the General forum calendar and Meet-Up event page:

Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go to:

Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions message our Regional Director at @bjy10!

Our Facebook page is Overland Bound - New South Wales

Please excuse the late reply...I have basically been off grid for the last 17 days in the hills of Nundle-Hanging Rock!

liamthered

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Kimberly, ID, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Palmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJK907
Greetings!

We are in Southern Idaho. Kimberly, to be exact (near Twin Falls).

I am kinda new to Overland Bound (been lurking on the forums, but just bought my member pack), but not to overlanding. I've been trail-riding and off-roading since I was a kid (a VERY long time ago).

Currently, we (My wife, dog, and I) have:
a 2001 Jeep XJ (going under the knife shortly for some upgrades : new 4.5 inch lift, lockers, 4.56 re-gear, tires, new winch and bumpers, etc.) Currently on a 2 inch Skyjacker budget boost (rear leaf packs and front spacers)
a 2019 Chevy Colorado with some mild mods for overlanding: Decked box, skid plates, bigger tires, etc. Soon to have a Leer camper shell added.
a 1993 Chevy K3500 big-block. Mostly used for recovery and gear hauling.
a 2019 NoBo 10.5 Overland trailer with many upgrades (Solar, dometic fridge, Pioneer rack, Rhino Bat-Wing 270 awning, etc.)

We are looking forward to meeting more folk in our area and exploring together.

Rubyroundhouse

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Independence, Kenton County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Mullins
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Thanks Mario, she is getting ready to get big brake kit, ARB lockers front and rear with 4.88 gears.
Sweet, after watching Jeepin Jason - AutoEdits I had wanted the Big Brake Kit from Power Stop, I ended up picking the Z36 kit for my Ram, and they don't make that kit for CJs. I just had my AMC 360 rebuilt last year and I'm thinking about swapping in a Cummins R2.8 next fall.
Good call on the Cummins. Its a good engine. Dynatrack came out with a big brake kit. I like dynatrack a lot so going to give it a shot.

Carriec

Rank 0

Contributor I

VA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Eilenfield
Thank you Kent, Mike and Tim. I will have to touch base with Steve as well. Looks like a good group of folks here.

Carriec

Rank 0

Contributor I

VA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Eilenfield
Greetings!

I am kinda new to Overland Bound (been lurking on the forums, but just bought my member pack), but not to overlanding. I've been trail-riding and off-roading since I was a kid (a VERY long time ago).

a 2001 Jeep XJ (going under the knife shortly for some upgrades : new 4.5 inch lift, lockers, 4.56 re-gear, tires, new winch and bumpers, etc.) Currently on a 2 inch Skyjacker budget boost (rear leaf packs and front spacers)
a 2019 Chevy Colorado with some mild mods for overlanding: Decked box, skid plates, bigger tires, etc. Soon to have a Leer camper shell added.
a 2019 NoBo 10.5 Overland trailer with many upgrades (Solar, dometic fridge, Pioneer rack, Rhino Bat-Wing 270 awning, etc.)

We have a similar lineage Tony. Started out with a 79 K5 Blazer with all the Warn toys of the era. Time slipped away and the next adventure was a 96 XJ that we put 260k miles on mostly dragging a sailboat around the country ( best vehicle I have owned). Most recently using the 13 F150 Glamping in a 29' Cruiser Aire BHT. only mods are RAS and Bilsteins. Thought about new truck and it still isn't off the list yet but for now we are combining a little mild OR with my wife's trail running competition. Planning a move to CDA or north a bit this summer. We may hook up at some point.

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
[/QUOTE]
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community. That's quite a resume.[/QUOTE]

There seems to only be two possibilities with experience. ONE you don't know enough, or TWO you know more then the boss.

No matter how much I know, there is always more to learn.

I see there are a couple member around London Ontario, but no one is doing coffee or meets.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Klereue

Rank II

Contributor III

Northglenn, Colorado, United States
First Name
Rye
Last Name
Guren
Member #

Hey all! My name is Rye and I just got my badge in the mail today and picking up my first overland rig tomorrow!

It's a 1996 LX450 and I'm in Golden, CO.
I'm new to overlanding, but have owned many 4Runners in the past, so I'm at least familiar with the vehicle a bit.

I dont have my own pictures yet, but here's a pic from the seller

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Greetings!

Welcome to the OB crew

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greetings!

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @ is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

raihan29

Rank II

Contributor III

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Raihan
Last Name
Ali
Member #

Hey Overland Bound Crew!
My wife and I have always dreamt of overlanding. This year, we finally decided less dreaming, more doing. Looking forward to getting to know and maybe meet up with you guys!
1) 20181027_132905.jpg
2) Lynnwood, Washington
3) 2018 JLU Wrangler
4) Zero, but excited to learn and start the journey!