Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings folks. Benn lurking here a bit.

Waiting on my 2021 Bronco to get built.

I had a 1968 Bronco for years. More of a 3-4x/year rock crawler truck. Traded it <kicking self> years ago. My current overland rig is a BMW R1200GS. I'll include a pic. I'm located in Manteca, CA and sometimes in Boulder Creek, CA. (long story).

As far as overlanding experience, well.... Lots of week long trips into the woods on the motorcycle, and some rock crawling with my old 68 back in the day. I was sooooo stoked when Ford announced the new Broncos. I'm one of those folks who plopped down $100 on the first day.

I guess I'd consider myself a n00b. in the grand scheme of things here. Hoping to learn, make some friends, go on some trips.

Here's my current "overland rig"

View attachment 183696Nice to meet ya!View attachment 183697
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice setup. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike
You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information and it will also help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two area will keep you up to date on what is happening on Overland Bound. You can find information on upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail in the future.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
Experience: None

Hello,
I am extremely excited to start off roading. I don’t have a Jeep or a Tacoma but I’ll make sure my Subaru will get me to all the places I want to explore!
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information and it will also help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two area will keep you up to date on what is happening on Overland Bound. You can find information on upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all!!
New member here looking forward to talking and learning from you all. I recently started building my rig with the goal of getting out in the backcountry riding my bike and camping with the fam.

Rig- 2020 4Runner
Home- Folsom Ca
Experience- novice but I did grow up 4 wheeling my 1st gen taco and playing in the mud lol.
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information and it will also help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two area will keep you up to date on what is happening on Overland Bound. You can find information on upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. Also look into the 4Runner threads here on OB.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Guillermo Meraz
Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4
Gear head at heart. Grew up working on cars
Experience in off-roading Novice,
Currently setting up my Tacoma with overland gear as we speak. My family and I are super excited to start this and meet cool people
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello my name is Rick

Thanks for having me. For years I have been a bit of a extreme hiker, having hiked several hundred miles of the Continental Divide Trail; Pacific Crest Trail & John Muir Trails.

Being outdoors in nature is important to me. I recently purchased a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek, which will become my overlanding rig over-time.

While not novice to leave no trace behind, I am a noice when it comes to overlanding with vehicle.

Look forward to learning.

My roaming area is varied, I am currently in the USA, but frequently head back to Scotland.
Welcome Rick, Best Regards from UpState NY.

Carriec

Rank 0

Contributor I

VA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Eilenfield
Been reading threads on "light weight" recovery gear. Things have come a long way from the shovel, 2x10s, rope and come along of my youth. After dragging a 29' travel trailer around the country, we are now looking at the AT Overland Atlas. Not looking to get into serious mudding or rock crawling, now looking at some more remote camp sites near trail running events. Truck is my DD so only mild mods to meet our needs. Liking the flow of what I've read here.

Contributor III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Day
Member #

Hello hello!

I'm Andy
Based in Colorado.
No rig at all at the moment, unfortunately.
I'll go with experienced-ish? Grew up in CO spending as much of my free time as I could out in the mountains and exploring new places every chance I had.

Spent the last year in Guam for work. Excited to get back home here in a couple months, get me a new rig to start building, meet some adventure buddies and hit the mountains and trails again!

Rubyroundhouse

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Independence, Kenton County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Mullins
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Good evening. My name is Derek and I have finally became a member. Been a fan for a long time. I am an experienced overlander and love everything outdoors. I live in Northern Kentucky and my rig is a 2016 Wrangler 4 door.
Derek, great looking Jeep.
Best regards from UpState NY
Thanks Mario, she is getting ready to get big brake kit, ARB lockers front and rear with 4.88 gears.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello hello!

I'm Andy
Based in Colorado.
No rig at all at the moment, unfortunately.
I'll go with experienced-ish? Grew up in CO spending as much of my free time as I could out in the mountains and exploring new places every chance I had.

Spent the last year in Guam for work. Excited to get back home here in a couple months, get me a new rig to start building, meet some adventure buddies and hit the mountains and trails again!
Welcome to Overland Bound Andy
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been reading threads on "light weight" recovery gear. Things have come a long way from the shovel, 2x10s, rope and come along of my youth. After dragging a 29' travel trailer around the country, we are now looking at the AT Overland Atlas. Not looking to get into serious mudding or rock crawling, now looking at some more remote camp sites near trail running events. Truck is my DD so only mild mods to meet our needs. Liking the flow of what I've read here.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Red
Coastal Virginia but moving to northern Idaho
2013 F150 EB w ELD
Been a few moons since off roading mostly on bikes .
View attachment 183998Rank amateur and looking forward to something new to enjoy.
Good reading so far.
Now to shrink this billboard sized photo.....
When you move to Idaho your Regional Director will be @M Rose, Mike can hook you up with the local Member Representative to help you out.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All.... finally got my number and am a part of this group. Looking forward to meeting others...
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Guillermo Meraz
Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4
Gear head at heart. Grew up working on cars
Experience in off-roading Novice,
Currently setting up my Tacoma with overland gear as we speak. My family and I are super excited to start this and meet cool people
Welcome to Overland Bound Guillermo.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire) Dominic has a great meet-up he coordinates if you are interested.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Memo_Loks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!!
New member here looking forward to talking and learning from you all. I recently started building my rig with the goal of getting out in the backcountry riding my bike and camping with the fam.

Rig- 2020 4Runner
Home- Folsom Ca
Experience- novice but I did grow up 4 wheeling my 1st gen taco and playing in the mud lol.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Here are some local meetups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills, CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Red
Coastal Virginia but moving to northern Idaho
2013 F150 EB w ELD
Been a few moons since off roading mostly on bikes .
View attachment 183998Rank amateur and looking forward to something new to enjoy.
Good reading so far.
Now to shrink this billboard sized photo.....
Hello Richard , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @ Steve is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

P.S. @Sandpoint Steve hosts a monthly Conference Call for the northwest on the third Sunday of the month. More details can be found HERE

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2007 Lexus LX470, aka Frosty
Experience: Novice overland, grew up offroad

Been following OB for a while. Grew up offroading and mudding. Recently started hitting forest roads with the family. Planning a trip to Cape Lookout this summer.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors in TN

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler JK

Experience: Overlanding novice, off-roading Experienced.

Hey everyone! So glad I came across OB, I’ve been following Michael on Instagram for a while now not realizing this is a whole thing!

Anyway, i’ve been rock crawling Jeep’s since 2014 when I was stationed in WA, now I’m transitioning to the longer treks and the more relaxing experiences of overland. I look forward to meeting and sharing experiences with everyone and hope to see y’all on the trail!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU Sport S
Experience: Novice

I purchased a Subaru two years ago and owned it for a year. It got me and my family off the beaten path for some adventuring. After seeing what amazing sights are practically in our back yard, we became hooked on the idea of vehicle dependent travel. We purchased the Jeep to get us even further out. The outdoors has become a means of resetting and bonding for my family. Our first major trip is coming this summer when we hope to travel from NC to CO by way of NM and the Enchanted Rockies Trail.

Overland Bound seems to be a great platform and its members have already been influential in the start of our adventure by means of Youtube. It only seemed right to join in!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper