Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2021 4Runner
Overland Experience: Complete Novice
Why Overlanding?: We've been looking for more ways to get out into nature, and this is a natural progression from car camping. Keeping it very simple for now as we build up trust in our vehicle and our abilities.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Molechaser

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Okay I’m new here and obviously new to forums lol I didn’t mean to repost that! Anyways pretty new to overland but excited to be here!
2006 Ram 2500
Fort Collins, Co
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

GXExplorer

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bergstrom
Member #

Hi All,
We just picked up our first ever vehicle to be built into a purpose-built overlanding rig and I’m very excited to learn and share with the community here. I have a family of five so intend to engage our three young kids with exploration.

RIg: 2017 GX460
Experience: I’ve done a ton of backpacking, car based camping, hiking, and fishing and have very limited off-road experience past fire roads. I look forward to next level exploration enabled by a vehicle built up to do so. After tearing off various plastic skid plates and getting stuck in my BMW wagon the clearance and low range are welcomed additions!!
4FFF86A8-AEA9-4675-BC69-5D0E50A475FF.jpeg

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Viperseatlotus

Rank III

Contributor III

Beverly, Massachusetts 01915, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Pandemic boredom brought me to overland and camping videos on YouTube earlier in the summer. Started just absorbing it all in as I haven't' been camping in 20+ years.

Early fall we finally go out to our first camp at Pawtuckaway State Park in NH. I hope to build up the truck with things that will make our experience a bit better and hopefully by next spring hit up the North Maine Woods before the bugs come out.

Currently have a 16 Colorado LT. First thing to be added will be a bed topper because squeezing things in under the tonneau cover was a little tight for the 3 of us. Then tires as the stock ones that came with the truck 4 years ago are pretty much on their way out.

Hope to start going through the forums and reading up more and hopefully find a meetup.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello World!"

JAM420

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Monroe
Hello Everyone!

Pandemic boredom brought me to overland and camping videos on YouTube earlier in the summer. Started just absorbing it all in as I haven't' been camping in 20+ years.

Early fall we finally go out to our first camp at Pawtuckaway State Park in NH. I hope to build up the truck with things that will make our experience a bit better and hopefully by next spring hit up the North Maine Woods before the bugs come out.

Currently have a 16 Colorado LT. First thing to be added will be a bed topper because squeezing things in under the tonneau cover was a little tight for the 3 of us. Then tires as the stock ones that came with the truck 4 years ago are pretty much on their way out.

Hope to start going through the forums and reading up more and hopefully find a meetup.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello World!"
Hello and welcome

Reactions: Kent R

Summitdog

Rank 0

Traveler I

Belmont, CA, USA
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Storey
Greeting from Belmont, CA. I am currently working on an interior building on my 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel. The installation of the ARB dual compressor with manifold and tank is in progress. I am also installing a tertiary battery in the rear. While I have the entire interior out, I have installed Dynamat and Dynapad throughout this loud beast. Lastly, the ARB 35L refrigerator will replace the center console.

Scotty 7005FA1B-C51B-47B3-8B67-9A80E704F423.jpeg

Khael

Rank II

Traveler II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Alba
Member #

Hi everyone,
Mike here from the San Francisco Bay Area, driving a 2017 mercedes-benz sprinter 144 4x4 that I'm building out as an adventure van for the family. We spent a month getting from CA to Alabama and back in a van and loved it. We particularly loved camping on our way through Valley of the Gods!
Now we go out a much a we can.
Edit: I added some pictures of the rig and a shot from its maiden voyage to Yankee Jims bridge.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi everyone,
Mike here from the San Francisco Bay Area, driving a 2017 mercedes-benz sprinter 144 4x4 that I'm building out as an adventure van for the family. We spent a month getting from CA to Alabama and back in a van and loved it. We particularly loved camping on our way through Valley of the Gods!
If I don't pick up a sprinter in the near future I'm going with the Opus 15. My app doesn't show any pics, do you have any?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone, Prof. Yeager (Jason) here from Columbus Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio, moved to Tennessee for a few years and then back to Ohio. I would say that I have intermediate experience with overlanding and off-roading, since we grew up (and still do) trail riding, hunting, hiking on our family property and state/national parks in Ohio, Tennessee and other parts of the US.

I just picked up a 2019 Toyota Sequoia SR5 as my next build since we have a large family. This isn't my first off-road build, but it is my first build with overlanding in mind so any advice would be great. Glad to meet all of you and happy trails.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.

KRAZPILOT

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Ruger Road, Prescott, Arizona 86301, United States
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Kunzmann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7RUK
Well hello fellow overlanders! Love the vibe of the community so far! I guess I’m supposed to introduce myself here.
Grew up in Germany, met my beautiful wife in Colorado, stayed, wheeled all over the Rockies overland style, before “overlanding” was a thing. My favorite motto in the Offroad world: Go prepared! (Warn). That’s why my Beemer is lifted with custom springs, has a Warn M8000 winch, two extra batteries and I carry all sorts of gear from MaxTrax to a welder. Volunteered 8 years for Search & Rescue in La Paz County AZ, am a Ham Radio operator, Private Pilot ASEL, own an HVAC company and love me a good adventure! Let’s go ‘sploring!!

Attachments

Khael

Rank II

Traveler II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Alba
Member #

Hi everyone,
If I don't pick up a sprinter in the near future I'm going with the Opus 15. My app doesn't show any pics, do you have any?
Thanks, added some pictures. We love the sprinter!

Killoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Dumadag
Member #

Hey guys. My names Matt, i currently live in southern california but I've been on the road for the last 6 years, from Alaska to Michigan and many states in between. I finally picked up my dream car, a 96 fzj80 and I'm currently outfitting it to meet my overland needs and preferences. Im open to any tips and suggestions. Excited to be here and connect with you all!

Attachments

Michael Woolweaver

Rank I

Contributor I

Chino Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Woolweaver
Member #

Hello Everyone: Michael and Sharon, from Chino Valley, AZ. We are very new to over landing, but something we’re interested in getting into. We recently bought my wife a Jeep JLU Rubicon that she loves more than me I think. We just started outfitting it with the “basics” before we start trying some off-road trails. We’re going to take baby steps as we go along and this organization was recommended to us. So we are hoping to learn as much as we can as we begin this new adventure...

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Xristian and I am new member, and new to overlanding. I am located in Fort Smith Arkansas for Medical School, but my home is Miami Beach Florida. My overland rig is a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2wd with a g80 rear, running 275/65/R18 BFG KO2. I started restoring a 1952 m38 Willy's as a resto prior to learning about overlanding, but now I'm considering gearing the rest of the build to overland related. I definitely need help with vehicle wiring and the hubs, so if anyone has any recommended shops that would be extremely helpful. Ill be towing it back from Miami to Arkansas in January. Here are some pics

View attachment 178045

View attachment 178044

View attachment 178046
Welcome To Overland Bound Xristian
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland in Ozark.

Xristian
Xristian, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would love to show you around our beautiful state. I work in Van Buren just across the bridge from the Fort. Lets meet up and plan an outing. Find me on Facebook or Instagram. Mason Berry on Facebook or BlueLineOverland on Instagram! Look forward to hearing from you!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Well hello fellow overlanders! Love the vibe of the community so far! I guess I’m supposed to introduce myself here.
Grew up in Germany, met my beautiful wife in Colorado, stayed, wheeled all over the Rockies overland style, before “overlanding” was a thing. My favorite motto in the Offroad world: Go prepared! (Warn). That’s why my Beemer is lifted with custom springs, has a Warn M8000 winch, two extra batteries and I carry all sorts of gear from MaxTrax to a welder. Volunteered 8 years for Search & Rescue in La Paz County AZ, am a Ham Radio operator, Private Pilot ASEL, own an HVAC company and love me a good adventure! Let’s go ‘sploring!!
Now this is sweet, a winch and a welder too boot on a Beemer I love it. I just left AZ for greener pastures back east in 2018. 26 years in the valley of the sun it was time for some land.
Welcome and happy holidays

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hey everyone, Prof. Yeager (Jason) here from Columbus Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio, moved to Tennessee for a few years and then back to Ohio. I would say that I have intermediate experience with overlanding and off-roading, since we grew up (and still do) trail riding, hunting, hiking on our family property and state/national parks in Ohio, Tennessee and other parts of the US.

I just picked up a 2019 Toyota Sequoia SR5 as my next build since we have a large family. This isn't my first off-road build, but it is my first build with overlanding in mind so any advice would be great. Glad to meet all of you and happy trails.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.
Can’t wait to see more, great platform to build off. Happy holidays

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hey guys. My names Matt, i currently live in southern california but I've been on the road for the last 6 years, from Alaska to Michigan and many states in between. I finally picked up my dream car, a 96 fzj80 and I'm currently outfitting it to meet my overland needs and preferences. Im open to any tips and suggestions. Excited to be here and connect with you all!
Man you sound like me; traveling the states. I use to travel from AZ to FL, AZ to NY, and ID and MT. My pups have racked over 20k miles in 10 years with me.
Love the new RIG, can’t wait to see more.
Happy holidays

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello Everyone: Michael and Sharon, from Chino Valley, AZ. We are very new to over landing, but something we’re interested in getting into. We recently bought my wife a Jeep JLU Rubicon that she loves more than me I think. We just started outfitting it with the “basics” before we start trying some off-road trails. We’re going to take baby steps as we go along and this organization was recommended to us. So we are hoping to learn as much as we can as we begin this new adventure...
Well you have plenty to explore in AZ, my favorite is the white mountains from Alpine to Eager (Big Lake) and even the rim and Christopher creek. I’m sure you have your adventures mapped out in your head already.
If I ever make it back to AZ I’ll have to stop at Fossil Creek / Hot Springs in Strawberry AZ
Welcome and happy holidays

Kerner

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kerner
Member #

Hello! I’m Matt located in Springfield, MO. I’m setting up a 2020 Tacoma as my rig, previously drove a Pathfinder until it gave up. Also in the process of planning an off-road teardrop.

I’ve got years of backpacking and camping experience. Since we had kids most of our camping has been vehicle dependent. A lot in the Ozarks, but also through NM, and CO. Still trying to convince my wife that boondocking will be fun with our kids.

Here’s a picture of the truck on my last trip to CO this fall.
E66833B9-3196-45E9-90BA-B4411A476B08.jpeg

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I’m Matt located in Springfield, MO. I’m setting up a 2020 Tacoma as my rig, previously drove a Pathfinder until it gave up. Also in the process of planning an off-road teardrop.

I’ve got years of backpacking and camping experience. Since we had kids most of our camping has been vehicle dependent. A lot in the Ozarks, but also through NM, and CO. Still trying to convince my wife that boondocking will be fun with our kids.

Here’s a picture of the truck on my last trip to CO this fall.
View attachment 178540
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 & @BlueLineOverland