Enthusiast III

Miramar, FL 33027, USA
First Name
Kenton
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Hi everyone I’m Ric looking to make 2021 a year of Florida Overland Exploration
looking for others to join. Like camping, 4x4, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking and any outdoor exploration activities. I am rigging my 2020 Jeep to hit the trails and looking for ideas and expertise.
53561B71-B448-4C94-939B-332DCB5D0BF6.jpegB9110585-617C-4A28-A68C-B43080CF8AF5.jpeg

Soup&Pretzels

Rank I

Contributor I

Salisbury, MD, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Phoenix
1) Maryland
2) 2020 Chevy Trailboss
3) I’ve been over landing with military for 15 years. Love being self sufficient and in the wilderness. With this new truck, my wife is looking to join the fun. Would love some ideas for initial investments for this rig.

Also, this community is awesome!

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Maryland
2) 2020 Chevy Trailboss
3) I’ve been over landing with military for 15 years. Love being self sufficient and in the wilderness. With this new truck, my wife is looking to join the fun. Would love some ideas for initial investments for this rig.

Also, this community is awesome!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Good looking rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
looking for others to join. Like camping, 4x4, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking and any outdoor exploration activities. I am rigging my 2020 Jeep to hit the trails and looking for ideas and expertise.
View attachment 178248View attachment 178247
Welcome To Overland Bound Ric.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. New to the forums.
From Miami FL. Former ATV junkie, now looking to do some 4x4ing.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2018 Ford Raptor
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

ApaffNOCO

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paff
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Maximus_Offroad

Rank III

Enthusiast I

View attachment 178248View attachment 178247
Welcome To Overland Bound Ric.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Welcome to OB! I’m looking to head to Florida for some trips in the near future. Will definitely look you up.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) I don’t know how to insert a photo yet
2) Manteca, CA
3) 1996 Chevrolet Suburban
4) Overlanding Novice
To insert a picture just pick the insert a file button in the lower left corner when starting a message.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Molechaser

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Parker, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0HMM
Current Vehicle: 2021 4Runner
Overland Experience: Complete Novice
Why Overlanding?: We've been looking for more ways to get out into nature, and this is a natural progression from car camping. Keeping it very simple for now as we build up trust in our vehicle and our abilities.

Origin_nate

Rank I

Traveler III

Harrison County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bratzler
Member #

Hi, I'm Nathan!

I'm in the south MS area (which is unfortunately very far from most overlanders ).

My rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, pretty much bone stock still.

I'm definitely a novice off-roader/overlander. I've got one trip under the belt with the Jeep, though a few years back I camped and rock climbed my way through college so there's some experience there.

Looking forward to more adventures!

Attachments

epiieq1

Rank III

Contributor III

Sonora, CA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Levey
Member #

Hello All,
I'm new to the forums. I've been watching the OB YouTube channel for awhile and finally took the step to join. I really want to get more into this, and want to get the family enthused about it as well.
1) No picture of it yet. It's pretty basic.
2) Sonora, CA area.
3) 2017 RAM 2500 MegaCab 4x4 with Offroad Package, and ARE "Overland" series camper (reinforced). The only thing I've done is put slightly more aggressive tires on it for snow season.
4) Pretty much a novice! We've "car camped"a couple of times with Cub Scouts, and I slept in the back of my truck in the Nevada desert on a photography outing a couple of years ago, but that's it. I want to learn a lot more and get the family out and about. We live in a great area for it too...not just where we are, but how easy it is to access other areas.

8BitChris

Rank I

Contributor I

Ames, Iowa, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Worrick
Member #

Hey everyone!

Chris here, I’m the proud owner of a new (to me) FJ Cruiser. I’ve been camping for years as well as rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, skiing and biking. I’m hoping to add overlanding to that list!

My rig is fully stock and I’m looking forward to tastefully modify it as I grow into the world of overlanding - and find ways to combine my other outdoor hobbies with it.

1. 2008 FJ Cruiser, 6MT
2. Midwest (Iowa)

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Chris here, I’m the proud owner of a new (to me) FJ Cruiser. I’ve been camping for years as well as rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, skiing and biking. I’m hoping to add overlanding to that list!

My rig is fully stock and I’m looking forward to tastefully modify it as I grow into the world of overlanding - and find ways to combine my other outdoor hobbies with it.

1. 2008 FJ Cruiser, 6MT
2. Midwest (Iowa)
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt

Reactions: 8BitChris

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
I'm new to the forums. I've been watching the OB YouTube channel for awhile and finally took the step to join. I really want to get more into this, and want to get the family enthused about it as well.
1) No picture of it yet. It's pretty basic.
2) Sonora, CA area.
3) 2017 RAM 2500 MegaCab 4x4 with Offroad Package, and ARE "Overland" series camper (reinforced). The only thing I've done is put slightly more aggressive tires on it for snow season.
4) Pretty much a novice! We've "car camped"a couple of times with Cub Scouts, and I slept in the back of my truck in the Nevada desert on a photography outing a couple of years ago, but that's it. I want to learn a lot more and get the family out and about. We live in a great area for it too...not just where we are, but how easy it is to access other areas.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is a meetup in Ripon that is not to far from you;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: epiieq1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Nathan!

I'm in the south MS area (which is unfortunately very far from most overlanders ).

My rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, pretty much bone stock still.

I'm definitely a novice off-roader/overlander. I've got one trip under the belt with the Jeep, though a few years back I camped and rock climbed my way through college so there's some experience there.

Looking forward to more adventures!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2021 4Runner
Overland Experience: Complete Novice
Why Overlanding?: We've been looking for more ways to get out into nature, and this is a natural progression from car camping. Keeping it very simple for now as we build up trust in our vehicle and our abilities.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Reactions: Molechaser