Rank II

Enthusiast I

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
DuBois
Member #

First day as a member so I thought I would get on here and show everyone the rig. The rig is a 2020 Ford Ranger that I hope to build up to a nice overlanding and camping vehicle for my family. We moved to Western Massachusetts last year from New York so we are new to the area and looking forward to getting involved with this community.
Ranger 11-23.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@Mschnitger ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps however @USStrongman is your closest Member Rep located in Lubbock. Let us know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Robert.Mauro

Rank II

Enthusiast I

West Islip, NY, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Mauro
Member #

Hi! I'm Robert, from Long Island. I overland, and off-road in a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring. I love getting out into the middle of nature, often with my photography gear and other equipment I wouldn't want to hike a couple hundred miles (wow, our National Parks are gorgeous!), so, I've been making my Ascent more overland suitable for my progressively more complex or longer adventures. Most of my longer adventures have been out west (I'm especially fond of Moab).

I'm currently working on a seemingly never ending to-do list, such as getting and installing a fridge/freezer, in bumper winch, water tank (roof rail mounted), and figuring out the best storage solutions for all my gear. Always trying to learn more, and find new things that will work for me and the adventures I plan. I'm also a Subaru Ambassador, so, I'm very much into the tenets of Leave No Trace, and packing in<->packing out and am working towards achieving that easier (just got a spare tire mounted trash sack, to start). I could do without trash bags in the car, lol.

LOW RES - DSC_2083-01.png
Low Res - On the Beach.jpg

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hey everyone, Prof. Yeager (Jason) here from Columbus Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio, moved to Tennessee for a few years and then back to Ohio. I would say that I have intermediate experience with overlanding and off-roading, since we grew up (and still do) trail riding, hunting, hiking on our family property and state/national parks in Ohio, Tennessee and other parts of the US.

I just picked up a 2019 Toyota Sequoia SR5 as my next build since we have a large family. This isn't my first off-road build, but it is my first build with overlanding in mind so any advice would be great. Glad to meet all of you and happy trails.
C-BUS!!!!...my second home!....If you need any work done on your rig up there hit up D&R Motors. They are really good friends of mine and do a lot of offroad and overland stuff. You'll see when you pull up!....They know Toyotas better than anybody. Tell them I sent you.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joseph (@Ottoworks ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are fairly regular DFW meet ups so keep an eye out for info on the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps and the closest one to you, @USStrongman is in west Texas and @Iwata77 in NE Oklahoma, so if you have any questions let us know.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

K9LTW

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Greetings from Front Royal, VA! Just signed up, and am stoked to be part of the community. While an experienced backpacker/hiker/camper, I'm new to the overlanding side of things. During some downtime from work earlier this year, I decided to start mucking with my '18 Forester XT and got bit by the bug. So I went all-in, bought an '05 Sequoia, and started building it out. My wife and I are already planning some routes out for '21 to haul the dogs around the east coast, and out west. Looking forward to learning from others' experience and mistakes...and making a few of my own :grin:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Front Royal, VA! Just signed up, and am stoked to be part of the community. While an experienced backpacker/hiker/camper, I'm new to the overlanding side of things. During some downtime from work earlier this year, I decided to start mucking with my '18 Forester XT and got bit by the bug. So I went all-in, bought an '05 Sequoia, and started building it out. My wife and I are already planning some routes out for '21 to haul the dogs around the east coast, and out west. Looking forward to learning from others' experience and mistakes...and making a few of my own :grin:
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: K9LTW

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 177889
New member here. Live in North Texas, west of Dallas Metroplex, and drive a 1996 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 that has been almost entirely rebuilt. I only use it for trips taken and do not daily it, but now am trying to find any excuse to escape on another adventure.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm Robert, from Long Island. I overland, and off-road in a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring. I love getting out into the middle of nature, often with my photography gear and other equipment I wouldn't want to hike a couple hundred miles (wow, our National Parks are gorgeous!), so, I've been making my Ascent more overland suitable for my progressively more complex or longer adventures. Most of my longer adventures have been out west (I'm especially fond of Moab).

I'm currently working on a seemingly never ending to-do list, such as getting and installing a fridge/freezer, in bumper winch, water tank (roof rail mounted), and figuring out the best storage solutions for all my gear. Always trying to learn more, and find new things that will work for me and the adventures I plan. I'm also a Subaru Ambassador, so, I'm very much into the tenets of Leave No Trace, and packing in<->packing out and am working towards achieving that easier (just got a spare tire mounted trash sack, to start). I could do without trash bags in the car, lol.

View attachment 177877
View attachment 177878
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
First day as a member so I thought I would get on here and show everyone the rig. The rig is a 2020 Ford Ranger that I hope to build up to a nice overlanding and camping vehicle for my family. We moved to Western Massachusetts last year from New York so we are new to the area and looking forward to getting involved with this community.
View attachment 177856
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member, looking forward to meeting other members in the Bay Area and NorCal. FJ80 owner. Mark
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark
If you could narrow down your location to the city it will help our Member Representatives give you advice on meet-up locations.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been lurking for a year or so.
Would like to start traveling with our '08 Jeep JKU and getting off the "beaten path"
Just relocated to the panhandle of Texas after a few years of moving around from including the coast of North Carolina, Guam, and central OH.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y’all!
I’m Nate and I’m from South Carolina. I’ve got an 09 F150 that my uncle sold me. It’s only 2wd but I’m curious to see what she can do lol. She’s got the 4.6 V8 with only 26k so she’s basically brand new!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Cassidy

Rank II

Contributor III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Waltz
Member #

Hello everyone.
I've always been into the outdoors, and love adventure. Off roading is a great way to see locations and sights others never get to see.
I have lots of experience on two wheels, and just purchased my 2020 Taco with intentions of learning more about off roading and over landing.

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone.
I've always been into the outdoors, and love adventure. Off roading is a great way to see locations and sights others never get to see.
I have lots of experience on two wheels, and just purchased my 2020 Taco with intentions of learning more about off roading and over landing.
Welcome!

Squatchman

Rank II

Contributor III

White Salmon Washington
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PAG
Hey Dan here new member from Washington state. Can't wait to see what others are doing and plan some more trips. Been an avid camper and 4 wheeler for years but finally combined the two.makes for great trips with the family. I love sharing places I've been and enjoy new ones together. I have a 95 fzj80 not many mods yet as its a very capable rig to start. I have owned many differnt toyotas but really enjoy this one. I hope to make some new friends share ideas have some qso's on the radio and learn what others are doing.

Traveler III

Garland County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Xristian
Last Name
Carvajal
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Xristian and I am new member, and new to overlanding. I am located in Fort Smith Arkansas for Medical School, but my home is Miami Beach Florida. My overland rig is a 2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2wd with a g80 rear, running 275/65/R18 BFG KO2. I started restoring a 1952 m38 Willy's as a resto prior to learning about overlanding, but now I'm considering gearing the rest of the build to overland related. I definitely need help with vehicle wiring and the hubs, so if anyone has any recommended shops that would be extremely helpful. Ill be towing it back from Miami to Arkansas in January. Here are some pics

IMG_4669 (1).jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all!

My name is Matt from Portland, OR. I am new to overlanding and off-roading, but not to camping or being in the woods. Im an avid mountain biker and enjoy the PNW outdoors!

I just picked up an '07 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD and plan a mild build over a few years. Already ordered BFG KO2s and just starting some baseline maintenance. Plan to pick up some recovery gear this weekend and break in the new rig with an overnight in the snow!

Thanks for this forum and community, I am happy to be a part of it!
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community.

MtnBikeGeek

Rank I

Contributor III

Long Island
First Name
John
Last Name
Derasmo
Hello my new Friends!! John from Long Island.
Recently purchased a new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie and looking for more self contained adventure. Not new to off-road, camping, or outdoors, just combining them all in one package. I'm hoping this is the place for build inspiration and reaching out to interact with a crew that is the same.
Glad to be part of this!!