Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the area and Overland Bound!! Please reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers.

John
John! How you been? When are we going to hit some trails again?

Yesterday afternoon I ran into the couple in the green JK that we met on the trail above Copper City, the ones that told us the trail was blocked. Apparently the guy is a high school friend of one of my friends... small world.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders, my name is Bruno, i am from Portugal. I dont a rig yeat, maybe next year, but i joined overlandbound to learn from you all i can and start my journey soon. I am interested in overlanding because i love the great outdoors, and also because i like to photograph landscapes and astrophotography.

1) I dont have one, yet. Maybe next year
2) Seixa, Portugal
3) Coming soon
4) Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all excited to join and learn more. My name is Bill I live in Mesa, AZ. Have a 2019 Ford Raptor, I am somewhat of a rookie but have been working on a build since about June. Kids are grown and we were more of a sports family but my adult son has got into the outdoors and I have come along for the ride. Actually probably more of an obsession look forward to learning more and finding awesome routes. A few pics below
Welcome to Overland Bound Bill
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

overlandmammal

Rank I

Member I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
McNew
Member #

I’m late to the party! I’ve been into camping and over landing for a few years now, but I’m just now joining here. My name is Brandon, and I go by @overlandmammal on Instagram. I’ve got a 2018 Duramax ZR2 and I couldn’t be happier with it. After owning a tepui softshell tent a few years ago, I’ve finally pulled the trigger on a Falcon XL by Roofnest after researching options for years. I picked it due to already owning a Leitner ACS, and it’s similar mounting system; it’s a match! Grabbing this nest now felt like the right time, since getting away for a few days at a time felt like the only way I could pacify my itch to travel due to obvious current circumstances. I’m out of Austin, constantly river running with my girlfriend and our 5 dogs, and I’m excited to find and connect with others near me!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brandon (@overlandmammal ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The 1st Saturday of each month is a meet up in Round Rock, https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps and @USStrongman is another Member Rep based out of west Texas so if you have any questions let either of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

HalfMoon

Rank 0

Contributor I

East Valley, AZ
First Name
Neil
Last Name
P
New guy Neil here.

I've been overlanding since the late 80s but it wasn't called that then. My new rig, 2021 4runner will be my first dedicated overland vehicle.

I've done a couple of mods already, ie: pulled down the armrest in the back, adjusted the seat and added a molle panel for the driver seat. Other than that its bone stock.

In going to drive it that way for awhile before doing anything major. Figure out what it can do before making it better.

In in the east valley of Arizona.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello, my name is Tim, I grew up camping and adventuring but like many others, life got in the way of adventures that didn’t involve children or work. now I am older and ready to travel and adventure again and I think overlanding will be a lot of fun.

I live in rural Kansas.
My vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4 (several new upgrades coming soon)
Experience: avid off-roader/camper in my younger days. Looking forward to new overlanding adventures soon.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Matt,

Welcome to the area and Overland Bound!! Please reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers.

John
John! How you been? When are we going to hit some trails again?

Yesterday afternoon I ran into the couple in the green JK that we met on the trail above Copper City, the ones that told us the trail was blocked. Apparently the guy is a high school friend of one of my friends... small world.

Dustin my friend. Good to hear from you! So cool about the Copper City guy.. Chris and I went back to the same trail a week later but we only went as far as the mine. It was just us, so didn't what to chance it. We camped at Granite lake which was supper cool. And yes!! We need to meet up again and do some trails.

Cheers!!

John

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Overlanders, my name is Bruno, i am from Portugal. I dont a rig yeat, maybe next year, but i joined overlandbound to learn from you all i can and start my journey soon. I am interested in overlanding because i love the great outdoors, and also because i like to photograph landscapes and astrophotography.

2) Seixa, Portugal
3) Coming soon
4) Novice
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

And in the rest of the forum there is soo much to find about Overlanding

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody.
Name: Walter
Rig: Nissan Patrol Y61 / 2008

Overlander since 2012.
Welcome to Overland Bound Walter
You can use the member map to see if there are any members in your area.
I look forward to seeing some pictures of your rig in action. Don't hesitate to message me if I can be of any assistance.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy Neil here.

I've been overlanding since the late 80s but it wasn't called that then. My new rig, 2021 4runner will be my first dedicated overland vehicle.

I've done a couple of mods already, ie: pulled down the armrest in the back, adjusted the seat and added a molle panel for the driver seat. Other than that its bone stock.

In going to drive it that way for awhile before doing anything major. Figure out what it can do before making it better.

In in the east valley of Arizona.
Welcome to Overland Bound Neil
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m late to the party! I’ve been into camping and over landing for a few years now, but I’m just now joining here. My name is Brandon, and I go by @overlandmammal on Instagram. I’ve got a 2018 Duramax ZR2 and I couldn’t be happier with it. After owning a tepui softshell tent a few years ago, I’ve finally pulled the trigger on a Falcon XL by Roofnest after researching options for years. I picked it due to already owning a Leitner ACS, and it’s similar mounting system; it’s a match! Grabbing this nest now felt like the right time, since getting away for a few days at a time felt like the only way I could pacify my itch to travel due to obvious current circumstances. I’m out of Austin, constantly river running with my girlfriend and our 5 dogs, and I’m excited to find and connect with others near me!
Welcome to Overland Bound
The ZR2 is a great rig!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: overlandmammal

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Neil (@HalfMoon ), welcome from Oklahoma.
Kent already covered my typical links so I will just add that pre-pandemic we had monthly meet ups around Tucson and Phoenix, those have been suspended but keep an eye out for updates.
Also, Overland Expo West will be May 14th-16th and held in Flagstaff and would be a great event to get some build ideas and look at gear.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

natedagr8

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Nate
Last Name
Martin
Hi y’all!
I’m Nate and I’m from South Carolina. I’ve got an 09 F150 that my uncle sold me. It’s only 2wd but I’m curious to see what she can do lol. She’s got the 4.6 V8 with only 26k so she’s basically brand new!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

2) Seixa, Portugal
3) Coming soon
4) Novice
Hi Bruno,

Welcome! Where are you located in Portugal? A friend of mine lives there and he is a very experienced overlander. So I can make a contact for your maybe if you like.

And a welcome goes of course also to the many other new members! Enjoy! Always great to see how the community is growing!

Cheers, Bjoern