K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, just introducing myself.

View attachment 174614

Current Vehicle: 2009 Chevy Silverado
Overland Experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

Name: Austin
Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger
Other Rig: 1970 Cessna 180 Skywagon
Overlanding: Novice

Hey everyone, I'm excited to be a part of this group! I'm an engineer by day and pilot by night. I take my plane into the backcountry regularly, and when its down for maintenance I take my Ranger which I just added lights a level and some bigger tires to.

View attachment 174545
View attachment 174546
Welcome to Overland Bound Austin.
Flying in is an interesting way to overland, we met some people at Byrds Adventure Center last year that did it regularly and had flyins just for that reason.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: George (Pfunk175)
Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner
Off-road: Intermediate
Overlanding: Novice

The wife has been hounding me for years to go camping for years but I really wasn’t interested in roughing it since I left the military. Looking at some of these setups and not being surrounded by a bunch of people has gotten my attention.
Welcome to Overland Bound George.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Pfunk175

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hidy Ho Neighbor.
I'm Mike from Salt Lake, meet Clifford. She's only 2wd and bits me in the butt regularly.
A rudimentary rig with a simple bed in the back and a bunch of totes for gear.

Currently in the market for a 1997-99 Suburban that's worth the effort to build proper!!

I grew up in my Dad's 1995 and have a soft spot for those trucks. But maybe a GMT800 would be easier to own?
Look forward to learning from all ya'll.

View attachment 174513
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Definitely excited to join. Colorado native and grew up camping in the mountains. Moved to west FL years ago had a family and here I am lol. Trying to get my kids and family out in the forest and to enjoy the outdoors like I do. Hiking, fishing, kayaking, camping are definitely on our agendas. I've been working on an unusual build for the family wagon offroader... I have a 2019 Kia Sorento lx v6 AWD, added a 2" lift, Yokohama geolander AT tires, alluminum front skid plate is on it's way from turkey... the interesting thing about th he kia is there are more options for offroad upgrades oversees. But I'm working with what I've got and enjoying it. The pic I attached of my white Sorento is mostly stripped down since it was the day it came back from the lift shop. Will be loaded back up again next month for our camping trip to north west FL. The fully loaded pick is from a build done in Australia. #goals. Thanks again and I look forward to being involved and hopefully meeting some like minded people down here in FL
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I´m a "new" member here.

My name I Martin and live in SWEDEN. I travel with family (wife and kids) or/and friends.
I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser with manual gearbox. My first overland trip was to Ukraine in 2012 with my Mercedes G-class.

View attachment 174507
Welcome to Overland Bound Martin.
Great looking rig.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Animll22 and swes38

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: Jace
Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara
Off-road & Overland Experience: Novice
Profession: Firefighter/Paramedic

Hello everyone! I’m super excited to be a new member here. I look forward to learning from everyone and becoming apart of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jace
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 & @igtyr6

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s going on everyone!

Name: Gary “Zilla”
Rig: 2017 Silverado Z71
Offroad Experience: Intermediate

About me: USAF Veteran, Hydraulic/Diesel Mechanic, Photographer, R/C Builder

Why Overland? Growing up my dad had a Jeep YJ that we took wheeling every once in a while and most of my favorite times were in the outdoors. He didn’t stick with it long but I now have my own son that I’ve been creating memories with and want him to experience the great outdoors and go on adventures. My other half and her daughter also love the outdoors and cleaning up the environment. So I’m wanting to expand my adventures and go camping outdoors and be able to rely on ourselves, even if it’s one weekend a month.
Pumped to see where we end up!
Welcome to Overland Bound Gary
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: ZillaOffroad

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,all!
My name is Tatar and I live near Harrisburg, PA. I have a 2020 JLUR and want to get in to Overlanding. I am a novice off-road, but I am getting some basic equipment to take my Jeep on some trails.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hi all, nice to meet you all, all the way from great britain.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Thought I would go ahead and introduce myself, Been around the forums for a bit but finally have a vehicle better equipped for my Overlanding.
Have a CVT tent waiting for my Leitner Design rack to show up. Been on order for a month really hoping to get tracking soon :).

My Names Brandon
Live out in Salt Lake City Utah.

Hopefully can meet some new members to show me the ropes here in Utah and do some camping here soon.

View attachment 174391

2007 Dodge Ram 2500
Utah
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandon.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Kris, I currently reside in Middle GA. I drive a 2015 Ram 1500 and pull 1101A trailer with a RTT on top. I enjoy getting out in to nature by any means possible, preferably the easiest. Hoping to find more trails to explore.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Reactions: RavenRam

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From Calgary Alberta, new to the Jeeping world. Looking forward to getting out exploring some great back roads. Driving a 2020 Wrangler
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve & @Montana Carl
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 174373
View attachment 174374Location Northern California

Rig: primary rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad. It is stock right now, but I am in the process of outfitting it to an overland rig. It has been my plan to do this from the beginning. Unfortunately, COVID got in the way. My secondary/bug out rig is a 2020 Winnebago Revel 4x4

Experience: I am a complete novice in overlanding although I have camped and done some non-recreational offroad stuff. Basically, I had to go places in Central America where there were no roads. Nothing technical, just mud
Great looking rigs.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There has been a on and off again meet-up in Santa Rosa, your Member Rep @PapaDave is working to get one started again.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the Chicagoland area. Used to live in the city limits, but these days I'm out of the city and crook county. I'm a novice to overlanding with the extent of my experience going down some rough Forest Service gravel roads. My rig is an 07 4Runner with a 2.5" lift with associated upgraded parts. View attachment 175267

I've been wanting to get into some offroading when I got the car even getting Cooper AT3 tires when I had to replace them a few years back. Now of course I'm eyeing the budget and considering upgrading to 33's but that's gonna have to wait til the tires need replacing next year. I'm looking to get into overlanding more hence joining this site. I'm looking forward to reading the vast information contained here.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23 & @James.Laidlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member just signed up today! I’m excited to be involved in the overlanding community. Me and my family (wife and two children) love being outdoors whether it be hiking, camping or off-road we love it. We have a 2017 jeep jku lifted 3.5 inches and 35 inch mud tires. We have a bunch of the other standard upgrades such as steel bumpers and other items as well. We love to help people and we are looking forward to being included in any meetups wheeling adventures or helping anyone in need. I have an super excited to have learned about the other members all over the world and to learn new things from everyone in this awesome community!

Cheers
Jim
Welcome to Overland Bound Jim
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

chiditty

Rank I

Traveler I

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Chi
Last Name
Liu
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Name: Chi
Rig: 2020 Land Rover Defender HSE
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Iceland (go back and forth 2 to 4x a year but not this year, unfortunately)
Offroad Experience: Intermediate

About me: Huge photographer nut which is why I travel to Iceland often. If you're on Instagram, I'm "CHIDITTY" which is the same handle name on here. I'm also a National Parks fan. First National Park I ever went to was Zion National Park back in 2014 and I instantly fell in love - not only for the park itself but the entire National Park system and what they stand for.

Why Overland? While I am an avid camper, I have very little to no experience Overlanding. I have done a lot of offroading in the Highlands in Iceland but I wouldn't say I'm an expert. But upon my purchase of my Defender, this has motivated me to explore the world of Overlanding. I have several trips planned for later this year and next which includes having my Defender shipped out to the West Coast as well as, you guessed it - Iceland! Very excited to finally take my own vehicle rather than renting one.

Overall, I'm very excited to be part of this group and very much looking forward to learning to learning a lot from everyone here!

IMG_20201009_182818 (1).jpgIMG_20201009_182845 (1).jpg

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Howdy everyone newly registered here. I've got a 2010 Toyota tacoma thats starting to get set up. See you on the trails!
I’m biased, but Tacomas rock! November 8th we have a meet up up in Pleasanton CA, come on out! If you go to the calendar under the rally point you’ll see all the info there.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
View attachment 174373
View attachment 174374Location Northern California

Rig: primary rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad. It is stock right now, but I am in the process of outfitting it to an overland rig. It has been my plan to do this from the beginning. Unfortunately, COVID got in the way. My secondary/bug out rig is a 2020 Winnebago Revel 4x4

Experience: I am a complete novice in overlanding although I have camped and done some non-recreational offroad stuff. Basically, I had to go places in Central America where there were no roads. Nothing technical, just mud
Wow you’ve got 2 nice vehicles! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be November 8th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

H
Hello I´m a "new" member here.

My name I Martin and live in SWEDEN. I travel with family (wife and kids) or/and friends.
I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser with manual gearbox. My first overland trip was to Ukraine in 2012 with my Mercedes G-class.

View attachment 174507
Hello Martin
Welcome, and just shout out if you need some info, help or such.
Happy to help.

We do have also a unofficila Chat group on Whatsapp Europe Overland Bound
And a Facebook page Facebook Groups

Together with the forum there is a tonne of info, stories, pictures and lots that can be talked about.
And Hopefully we can meet somewhere on a track or event.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Kent R