Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Good morning! New member here! I'm currently in Harrisonville, MO. I'm planning a December roadtrip from here to Liberty Lake, WA in my new-to-me 2016 Ram Rebel and have started making upgrades (Decked drawer unit arrives today, new Toyos on Friday, shopping for comms).

Former Marine and Eagle Scout, light off-roading and camping experience over the years. Hoping to meet like-minded travelers that appreciate old, creeky bones.

‍♂
Thanks! Was super stoked to discover this group, and what appears to be good number of Missouri members. I even bought a membership for my brother. So much good info in here and seemingly really friendly folk.
Welcome to the club, glad you found us. Enjoy your adventure, us Missouri rigs big and small need to plan something next year.

Contributor I

Golden, Colorafdo
First Name
Narsisco
Last Name
Lopez
Hi!
Brand-new member, but a long-time veteran of other enthusiast forums like ADVRider. I'm from Golden, Colorado and just got myself a 2011 Land Rover LR4 HSC that I am hoping to use to extend my range into my favorite mountain, canyon, and desert locations. Joined this forum to learn more about overlanding and how to ensure my vehicle will safe and capable when I travel beyond the interstate.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello! I didn’t know there was a name to what I’ve been doing over the years...going on adventures. Excited to have found this group and learning more. My wife and I just got back from a little weekend jaunt from Oklahoma to Utah and back. One night at Goosenecks State Park and another night in Valley of the Gods. I think she’s hooked on more adventures...now we’ve got to figure out how to do this with our five kids! The process of equipping my 03 Tahoe for all of our gear begins.......
Hello Adrian (@Tukru ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

WJJEEPIN

Rank II

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Mitchell
Hey all,

New member here, I live in the SF Bay Area and have a fully built 99 Jeep WJ with 35’s built for rock crawling. I have a full build thread on Mallcrawlin but with kids and work overlanding has become more of the focus. Looking forward to sharing my build on here and getting ideas and tips on what to do next.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Traveler I

Waterbury, VT, USA
First Name
Rachel
Last Name
Markey
Hi all! Glad to be here. My fiance and I live in Central VT and last winter acquired a 07 Ford F150, took it camping this summer in VT and NH, and were instantly hooked!! We chose to get rid of it due to mechanical problems, trade in one of our cars, and get a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic. Were waiting on the cap right now. We're hoping for a couple mild December nights to take it out!!

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Hey all,

New member here, I live in the SF Bay Area and have a fully built 99 Jeep WJ with 35’s built for rock crawling. I have a full build thread on Mallcrawlin but with kids and work overlanding has become more of the focus. Looking forward to sharing my build on here and getting ideas and tips on what to do next.
Welcome!

gmann2022

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ohio
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Mann
Good evening OLB. Just getting my feet wet to these forums, but long time camper and new to overlanding (used to backpacking, so bringing all of the amenities is great!). Currently have a stock 4 door Geo Tracker and a Thule Tepui tent on it, but looking for something that's a little more comfortable/capable of driving longer distances and maintain highway speed in the hills, thankfully there's not many near me in Central Ohio! Looking forward to learning and sharing with like minded people.

Talby420

Rank 0

Contributor I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Fasone
Sam here. Just moved out to Springfield Missouri. I've always been an avid camper when I lived in Southern California and wanted to add to the experience with my love for trucks. I was always a 4runner guy, mostly 1st and 2nd gens, but recently bought a 14 ram 1500. I've never but a vehicle from scratch looking forward to it with this truck. Im a novice when it comes to builds and off-road so any tips are very appreciated.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Traveler I

It’s great to see such a large and widespread community of overlanders here! I’ve always enjoyed camping, but it’s been some time since I’ve gotten out there. I’ve done some short adventure trips with my vehicle here and there, but it was a recent trip to Michigan’s UP that really got me itching for more overland adventures and wanting to take it to the next level. I’m eager to get out there with my vehicle and do some more exploring!

Attachments

Adventure quest 72

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Alberta, Canada
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hackemann
Member #

Hello from Sherwood Park Alberta Canada
A bit about myself, enjoy the great outdoors camping hikes bikes skiing and adventure seeking. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan named Bubba which seems to keep my wallet empty and our RZR named the Earth Rover inspired by the Moon Rover a few KM,s over head. Look forward to the new year and more adventures

Attachments

jinja

Rank I

Member I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Palmer
Member #

Northern California here, looking to go on a few first time trips doing true overlanding. Experienced with camping and car camping only, but not offroad. No capable rig yet, explorer only which I don't want to bang up.

Looking to possibly rent a rig for our first 1 or 2 trips this year and next, to see how we like it, and what we like to drive.

headhunter

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Altadena, California, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6JIY
Hello my name is Kevin aka “Lucky Strike”

Rig: 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

My Background
I am an avid outdoor enthusiast. As a California native, I love to hike and film our beautiful mountain ranges here. I received my B.A. in Music from UCLA and, my MBA from San Diego State. My day job is working in sales support for AT&T selling networks to the USAF. I reside in Carlsbad, CA with my lovely wife and two cats.

My goal is to take this lovely Subaru Outback to places more adventurous than the garage it is pictured in. I have taken it into the Sierras numerous times but each time have left it at some wonderful trailhead. I feel it is getting lonely with this arrangement. So I‘ve decided to start Overlanding in it.
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That's a good looking Outback!

Even though my primary adventure vehicle is an old Jeep, I also have a Subaru Crosstrek. It's great for our slightly less aggressive trips to nowhere. :sunglasses:

Enjoy!

Christian

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
Hi there,

New guy here:
Rig: 2020 LR Discovery V
Experience: novice in overlanding, lots of camping experience

Timing was just right that I was able to attend a LR owner experience event. Here are a couple of pixs, taken in Carmel, CA

Attachments