Contributor III

Winchester, VA, USA
First Name
Frederick
Last Name
Ochs
Member #

Hello OO members,
My wife and I had our first child in June and we immediately realized we needed a bigger SUV for us and our two beagles so I went and purchased a 2020 4Runner. Its my first Toyota and after seeing some of the mods and different rigs out there I immediately became hooked on the overlanding topic. I have always been an outdoorsy person but never anything serious or have never invested much time or money into the purpose of Overlanding. From what I have seen, there is some great discussions and people amongst the community as well as the general message of preserving and bettering nature around us and want to get my family involved. I’m not rich by any means so mods and purchasing tents and etc... will be slow and will take some time but will definitely take part in discussions on these forums. Im excited to get started and look forward to speaking with you all.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OO members,
My wife and I had our first child in June and we immediately realized we needed a bigger SUV for us and our two beagles so I went and purchased a 2020 4Runner. Its my first Toyota and after seeing some of the mods and different rigs out there I immediately became hooked on the overlanding topic. I have always been an outdoorsy person but never anything serious or have never invested much time or money into the purpose of Overlanding. From what I have seen, there is some great discussions and people amongst the community as well as the general message of preserving and bettering nature around us and want to get my family involved. I’m not rich by any means so mods and purchasing tents and etc... will be slow and will take some time but will definitely take part in discussions on these forums. Im excited to get started and look forward to speaking with you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi i'm Kris from Littleton, CO glad to join!! Done a few trails this summer despite all the forest fires! Hope to do more and meet some of you along the way!! Happy trail running guys and gals!!
Welcome to Overland Bound Kris
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Lizbathory1313

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from South Texas!
I hope to learn bunches, and help how I can (I like to barbque, and weld).
I recently got my adventure trailer functional (are these things ever finished?).
Thanks! Randy
Welcome to Overland Bound Randy
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 and @USStongman

Reactions: Potlickinpirate

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!!

Im Ernesto, total newbie here, zero experience overlanding; plenty experience car camping/backpacking, mostly flatlander in FL. Moved recently to Albuquerque, NM, got a stock 2019 Honda Ridgeline, very eager to learn, explore, go further into the backcountry.
Currently using a truck bed tent, hope to start with easy trips, meet like minded people, learn how to improve my vehicle to go further, safely into the backroads.

Thanks!!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ernesto
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @USStrongman
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all.

I'm Dean in Tyler, TX.

Just getting the overlanding bug, and will be using my '82 F-100 as my adventuring rig.
I'll probably start by using a truck bed tent, just to see how we like it.

I don't know what I don't know, so I'm here to learn.

I used to go camping a lot years ago, and a lot has changed in the market. I still take motorcycles off road whenever possible, just to see what's there.

I was a former Arizona EMT in the 80's, and I am still interested in emergency/survival medicine.

Just a quick intro instead of just lurking all the time.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dean
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all
my names Neil, I’m from Solihull in the Midlands, UK/.
and I drive a 2014 Land Rover Defender 110

View attachment 174240
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: scrappy wolf

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, excited to join
Here's my intro

My name is Alex, I have a 2016 4Runner and love it, also have a military trailer I bring when the whole family comes along. I live in west Texas and I feel like I'm just past novice lol, I know what i'm doing and have my set up all good now. Always looking for trips, making friends, and learning more.
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! Hello from Austin, TX. Looking forward to scoping out some rally points nearby and meeting new fellow overlanders!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
Names Daniel. I’m from Post falls, ID. Started Overlanding last year and have been trying to go as often as possible. Always loved camping and with the rooftop tent I get to go more often now. Looking for more places to explore around Idaho-montana. I hope to see some of you on the trails out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound Daniel
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I'm Stefan from Elko County, NV. Been hanging out in the t4r.org forums a lot but thought I'd make the jump over here for the community! Mostly stock 5th Gen 4runner, just tires and suspension. Fair amount of off-road driving under the belt, along with CDL 'froading. Rock crawling though? Not so much. I enjoy the adventure as much as the destination. Cheers n beers
Welcome to Overland Bound Stefan.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding (NV)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Lizbathory1313

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
kris
Last Name
long
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Black Dahlia
Hi i'm Kris from Littleton, CO glad to join!! Done a few trails this summer despite all the forest fires! Hope to do more and meet some of you along the way!! Happy trail running guys and gals!!
Welcome to Overland Bound Kris
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Thank you i will definitely check itbout!! :)

headhunter

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Altadena, California, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6JIY
Hi Everybody!

My name is Christian from Altadena CA.

I'm always looking to make new friends amongst a group of like minded people and found out about this forum through the YouTube channel.

Now for my fellow gear heads in the group (with pics!)...

The primary vehicle of choice for my wife and I to have our off-highway adventures in is a 1985 Jeep Scrambler with a 2000 4.0L 6-cylinder engine, a 2006 6-speed manual transmission, 1994 wiring, 1994 clutch cylinders and the original Dana 300 transfer case. I have a 33-gallon tank for more range. When I did the engine and transmission swap from stock I went from 7 mpg to over 15, which did more for my range and driving enjoyment than I could have hoped for. It's riding on 35" BF Goodrich KM3 tires with enough lift to stuff those under the Jeep. The axels are running 4.88 gears with lockers front and rear. The front axel is a Dana 44 and the rear is a trussed AMC 20. The springs are getting a little tired, so the next step will be to put new custom leaf packs on the Jeep all around. I'm reevaluating the old "usual stuff" I haul around, so that I can have the vehicle loaded with whatever becomes the new "usual stuff" when making decisions about the right springs when loaded or empty. Mostly, I'm looking for lighter versions of some things I use now.

There will be a small off-road trailer in my future.

My overlanding and outdoor experience has been gathered over a long period of time through off-roading, hiking, backpacking, scuba diving, kayaking and abandoned mine exploration. That said, I think I have a lot to learn from all of you and think of myself as someone with "intermediate" experience. I believe that the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.

We're gonna have fun!

Christian

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody!

My name is Christian from Altadena CA.

I'm always looking to make new friends amongst a group of like minded people and found out about this forum through the YouTube channel.

Now for my fellow gear heads in the group (with pics!)...

The primary vehicle of choice for my wife and I to have our off-highway adventures in is a 1985 Jeep Scrambler with a 2000 4.0L 6-cylinder engine, a 2006 6-speed manual transmission, 1994 wiring, 1994 clutch cylinders and the original Dana 300 transfer case. I have a 33-gallon tank for more range. When I did the engine and transmission swap from stock I went from 7 mpg to over 15, which did more for my range and driving enjoyment than I could have hoped for. It's riding on 35" BF Goodrich KM3 tires with enough lift to stuff those under the Jeep. The axels are running 4.88 gears with lockers front and rear. The front axel is a Dana 44 and the rear is a trussed AMC 20. The springs are getting a little tired, so the next step will be to put new custom leaf packs on the Jeep all around. I'm reevaluating the old "usual stuff" I haul around, so that I can have the vehicle loaded with whatever becomes the new "usual stuff" when making decisions about the right springs when loaded or empty. Mostly, I'm looking for lighter versions of some things I use now.

There will be a small off-road trailer in my future.

My overlanding and outdoor experience has been gathered over a long period of time through off-roading, hiking, backpacking, scuba diving, kayaking and abandoned mine exploration. That said, I think I have a lot to learn from all of you and think of myself as someone with "intermediate" experience. I believe that the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.

We're gonna have fun!

Christian
Welcome to Overland Bound Christian
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: headhunter

tpreston

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Preston
Member #

2CD57E2B-27EB-41AE-B99D-388CDE807542.jpeg
91147BDB-2A45-4E13-822C-4FD2D76C87A2.jpegLocation Northern California

Rig: primary rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad. It is stock right now, but I am in the process of outfitting it to an overland rig. It has been my plan to do this from the beginning. Unfortunately, COVID got in the way. My secondary/bug out rig is a 2020 Winnebago Revel 4x4

Experience: I am a complete novice in overlanding although I have camped and done some non-recreational offroad stuff. Basically, I had to go places in Central America where there were no roads. Nothing technical, just mud

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

View attachment 174373
View attachment 174374Location Northern California

Rig: primary rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad. It is stock right now, but I am in the process of outfitting it to an overland rig. It has been my plan to do this from the beginning. Unfortunately, COVID got in the way. My secondary/bug out rig is a 2020 Winnebago Revel 4x4

Experience: I am a complete novice in overlanding although I have camped and done some non-recreational offroad stuff. Basically, I had to go places in Central America where there were no roads. Nothing technical, just mud
Nice rigs and welcome to the group!!!

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Christian (@headhunter ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham as well. We have a good communication section here as well as a Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater you can use the Echolink app to connect.
Hope you can join us.

headhunter

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Altadena, California, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6JIY
Welcome to Overland Bound Christian
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Hi Kent,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Christian

Reactions: Kent R