Launch Member

Contributor I

Gloucester, MA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Vincent Jr
Member #

I love Gloucester!....My brother lives in Beverly Farms....is that little pub still there...I think it was callled 43 something...? I once partied down there at the blessing of the fleet with a bunch of the Italian American Club guys....real nice folks....
Awesome spot! It's now called Minglewood tavern after a big renovation. That was the St. Peters fiesta...always a good time!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I should have written this sooner, but I've spent the last hour or so going through your "tips" and "gear" archives. lol
We live in the San Antonio area and love camping. Decided to try and involve camping with travel and ended up looking into overlanding. We own an '08 FJ Cruiser and I'm in the process of building a small trailer to haul gear (got crowded in the FJ with the gear and our dog)
Looking forward to learning a lot and having fun.View attachment 137663View attachment 137667
Nice setup

Reactions: Kent R

Severn724

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Duluth MN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Badger
Member #

Member since 2017, listen to the podcasts, and am now for 1st time taking a break to peruse the site. Looks great. Can't wait to dig into the Forums. I love overlanding and off-roading, and worked on a ranch in the west in earlier days, did a lot of offroading for work and LOVED it. Great job with OB.

Uncle_LeRoy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Odessa, TX, USA
First Name
RILEY
Last Name
WILLIAMS
Member #

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howzit, my name is Jon

Living out in Tracy, Ca at the moment

I drive an orange 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Nothing much done to it aside from a set of Black Rhino Boxer wheels wrapped in Grabber at2’s.

Not much experience, mostly just small trails and mud pits.

Excited to meet some new people, and go on some new adventures!

View attachment 137765
Welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howzit, my name is Jon

Living out in Tracy, Ca at the moment

I drive an orange 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Nothing much done to it aside from a set of Black Rhino Boxer wheels wrapped in Grabber at2’s.

Not much experience, mostly just small trails and mud pits.

Excited to meet some new people, and go on some new adventures!

View attachment 137765
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Magic Mike

Here are two monthly meet-ups that are close to you.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA @PapaDave
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area; @RAWags
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: RoamWithJon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Member since 2017, listen to the podcasts, and am now for 1st time taking a break to peruse the site. Looks great. Can't wait to dig into the Forums. I love overlanding and off-roading, and worked on a ranch in the west in earlier days, did a lot of offroading for work and LOVED it. Great job with OB.
Welcome to the forums!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative is @toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Really cool concept and happy to be a new member! Looking to add a cap and a rooftop tent, for the Spring/Summer, so I am up for any advice and tips.

Northeast
2018 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road with some Pro upgrades (Need more!)
Novice

View attachment 137683View attachment 137684

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I should have written this sooner, but I've spent the last hour or so going through your "tips" and "gear" archives. lol
We live in the San Antonio area and love camping. Decided to try and involve camping with travel and ended up looking into overlanding. We own an '08 FJ Cruiser and I'm in the process of building a small trailer to haul gear (got crowded in the FJ with the gear and our dog)
Looking forward to learning a lot and having fun.View attachment 137663View attachment 137667

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

Came across the youtube channel years back. Thought it was a neat concept at the time. Just now making the commitment because I finally have a capable 4x4.

1) Picture: View attachment 137657
2) Location: Inland Empire (Riverside/San Bernardino)
3) Rig: 2003 toyota tacoma 4WD a/t (only upgrades: moog coils, kyb monomax)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate off-road experience during day trips, but never any off-road living/overnight camping.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Check out your local meet-up @Dominic OB0158 for information
https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

Reactions: agame001

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Y'all

I'm Riley

I'm from Odessa Texas

Rig a 2012 FJ Cruiser. With a 3 inch lift on 33s. An ARB front bumper Warn winch.

Experience mostly trail rides in Moab UT.

Hope to get to know Y'all and meet up.View attachment 137658

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

A local contact in Odessa is @Navy-Jeeper

Reactions: Uncle_LeRoy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Anyone here have a Extreme Hiker Trailer? I'm having one built and looking for advice based on your experiences.

Lots of information on the forum regarding the Hiker trailer. Some members that you might want to message and get input from are @Steve & @Otter155 both have the hiker and can give you some input.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
I have a stock 2012 SR5 for now ;)
I live in the metro Atlanta area.
New to Overlanding and very eager to learn.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Im 18 years old.
Living in Erie, Pennsylvania 16510 area.
I own 2 jeeps.
2005 Grand Cherokee & 1964 CJ5
The CJ5 is my main overland / Offroad vehicle.
Ill call my self new, but not new to camping. Went RV camping every summer with my grandparents.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Great looking CJ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello forum members. Name is Jason hailing from Pacifica, CA, and I have pretty much finished my build on my 2010 Wrangler Rubicon. Not much to do when it comes a electric sway bar disconnect, dual Dana 44s with e-lockers! Just a lift, wheels, tires, winch, and you're all set. Completed a trip through the Rubicon trail, solo through the spring melt. Just added a top notch iKamper RTT and built an overland trailer... voila, its an RV for my family.
View attachment 137597

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Magic Mike & @PapaDave

There is an occasional meet-up in Half Moon Bay that will be posted on the forum. Your Member Reps can help you with that if your interested.

Reactions: jeepitreal

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

My name is Howard and I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I'm a long time off-roader though I sold my Jeep a couple of years ago. I'm retired FROM the Air Force but still working Civil Service FOR the Air Force. I have a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 that I am slowly fixing up to do some overlanding with. I also ride a 2017 BMW GSA that I ride everywhere and anywhere!, off-road or on (more on than off :) I also love camping and the outdoors.

I look forward to learning new things from this forum!

Thanks!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

We are very new to Overlanding. We are awaiting the arrival of our vehicle so I don't have a picture of it yet. We currently live in the Pacific Northwest about an hour from the Canadian border and close to the ferry to the San Juan Islands.

Our rig is a 2020 GMC Savana 2500 van with a Quigley 4x4.

We're hoping to start our overlanding travels full time later this year in Australia. Still working out the details on how, etc. We have a caravan being built in Brisbane at the moment.

We are both retired and hoping to finally do some traveling that is not restricted by vacation times with jobs! It's going to be a great time and we look forward to meeting many of you along the way!

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve @Slimpartywagon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! My name is Cody and I live in central PA. I have traveled the world hiking, surviving, and training as an Infantryman in the Marine Corps. However, I am new to the Overlanding community. Shortly after getting out of the military I bought myself a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) and set my sights on using it to explore and camp. I hope to learn a lot about the joys of overlanding from the folks here.
View attachment 137582

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY