Influencer II

10366 Bennett Road, Erie, PA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Forbes
Member #

Hello. Im 18 years old.
Living in Erie, Pennsylvania 16510 area.
I own 2 jeeps.
2005 Grand Cherokee & 1964 CJ5
The CJ5 is my main overland / Offroad vehicle.
Ill call my self new, but not new to camping. Went RV camping every summer with my grandparents.

Attachments

Last edited:

SCMike

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Clemente, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Contreras
Member #

Welcome! I love the Ford Raptor and almost got one last year, but decided I needed an SUV. How do you like the eco boost? My buddy has one and it’s a great engine, even though some folks can’t get past it being a V6.

Looking forward to seeing photos from your journey! Awesome!
The raptor is such a fun vehicle to own. It’s a sports car disguised in a truck body. I’ve been really impressed with the echoboost. It’s got gobs of power and is a blast on the trails. I came from a 2017 F-250 with the power stroke (925ft lbs of torque) and I gotta say I don’t miss the power at all.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
First Post - Happy to begin this new adventure. I know nothing about overlanding, so I'm looking for a mentor in the Texas area. My wife and I will be retiring in a few years and we plan to overland in the southwest BLM and parklands.
Welcome to the OB community Scott. This is the place to be for overlanding information.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello my name is Zenas.
Rig: 2020 Toyota Tundra (stock)
Experience: None, completely newView attachment 137319
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am you U.S West Member Representative. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Be sure to browse through the New Member threads, they contain some great information and will help you to navigate the Overland Bound website.

Check the Rally Points & Calendar for future meet-ups, trips and trainings. These are a great way to meet new people, network with other groups and find new chances to go out and find adventure. There are several meet-ups within driving distance from your location. Gold Country Overland, Every first Saturday of the month (6:30-8:30 pm), Sierra Foothills Overlanders, every third Tuesday of the month (7:00-9:00pm) and Reno Overland.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

Reactions: Kent R

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Welcome @Kyle Forbes

Lots of places to off pavement travel/ camp in Pa.

You got the Allegheny state Forest close by and then Bald eagle, Rothrock and Moshannan not to far away.

Check out the threads if you get a chance.

Looks like you have some cool vehicles to choose from.

agame001

Rank 0

Contributor I

Inland Empire, CA
First Name
adrian
Last Name
gamez
Hi everyone!

Came across the youtube channel years back. Thought it was a neat concept at the time. Just now making the commitment because I finally have a capable 4x4.

1) Picture: IMG_1467.jpg
2) Location: Inland Empire (Riverside/San Bernardino)
3) Rig: 2003 toyota tacoma 4WD a/t (only upgrades: moog coils, kyb monomax)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate off-road experience during day trips, but never any off-road living/overnight camping.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone!

Came across the youtube channel years back. Thought it was a neat concept at the time. Just now making the commitment because I finally have a capable 4x4.

1) Picture: View attachment 137657
2) Location: Inland Empire (Riverside/San Bernardino)
3) Rig: 2003 toyota tacoma 4WD a/t (only upgrades: moog coils, kyb monomax)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate off-road experience during day trips, but never any off-road living/overnight camping.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one your U.S. West Member Representatives and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Be sure to browse the New member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the OB website. Also check Rally Points and the Calendar for local meet-ups, trail runs / trips and trainings. These are good places to meet new people and have a great time.

Reactions: Kent R and agame001

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

First Post - Happy to begin this new adventure. I know nothing about overlanding, so I'm looking for a mentor in the Texas area. My wife and I will be retiring in a few years and we plan to overland in the southwest BLM and parklands.
Welcome Scott! I see you live in San Antonio. My daughter lives there also. Nice area but crowded!

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
I should have written this sooner, but I've spent the last hour or so going through your "tips" and "gear" archives. lol
We live in the San Antonio area and love camping. Decided to try and involve camping with travel and ended up looking into overlanding. We own an '08 FJ Cruiser and I'm in the process of building a small trailer to haul gear (got crowded in the FJ with the gear and our dog)
Looking forward to learning a lot and having fun.fjcruiser.jpgIMG_0895.jpg
21512.jpg
Badge showed up. Now I need to get a rig. I sold the FJ so I could get a truck. Found a 1st gen Tacoma for $3700, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Scott (@AdventureGuy ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. We have a weekly Friday night Echolink net and would like to have you join us. We discuss both overland and radio topics.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The closest current re-occurring meet up is in Round Rock coming up on Feb 1st. Not real close I know, but in Texas...close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Riley (@Uncle_LeRoy ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Reactions: Kent R and TexasGMG

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative @Ohio Valley Overland
We have lots of events planned over the next few months...We are going to be doing a Cincinnati meet up March 21 but have not picked a place yet....I know that there is also a DBBB trip planned for April 17 with ECO-OHV...you may want to look them up...great group of people....If yo need to get contact me just shoot me a text at 502-724-6435 with your name and that your with OB....Thanks, and hope to see you in Cincinnati....