Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all! I'm Michael from the SE South Dakota area. Got an '11 Ram 1500 that i am working on getting geared up for a trip to the Badlands and the Black Hills this year. Haven't got a whole lot of experience, but I'm looking forward to it
Hi Michael welcome to the OB community.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hey all! I'm Michael from the SE South Dakota area. Got an '11 Ram 1500 that i am working on getting geared up for a trip to the Badlands and the Black Hills this year. Haven't got a whole lot of experience, but I'm looking forward to it
I knew a dude named Mike Maldonado when I was younger, like 9th/10th grade... You didn't happen to grow up in the burbs of Sacramento, did ya? (or if you'e a Jr., your dad didn't did he?)

Probably not. But it sure would be cool if ya did! (You can pretend to if ya want...)

And welcome to OB!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All, TheBuck is from Cincinnati, OH. My rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with 35's (Nitto Grapplers), My Tuff Stuff Rooftop tent just arrived today. Waiting on my 'Upper Decker' steel bedcover to arrive in the next few weeks. Looking forward to getting out there. I have a trip planned in March at Hocking Hills and another in May at Daniel Boone National Forest.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative @Ohio Valley Overland

Mattman

Rank I

Contributor III

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Heath
Hello Overland Bound folks. My name is Matt and I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area. Long time camper, off roader, gear head etc. I am an Air Force Veteran, a public school facilities administrator, an active member (# 347) of Copperstate Cruisers here in Arizona, a member of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association and the proud owner of a 1995 FZJ80. Been a long time troll of Overland Bound so I thought I'd finally join as I always find lots of useful information here from like minded folks.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep and eye our for the East Valley Meet and Greet in Gilbert towards the end of February.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and Mattman

Landofliberty

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Sargent
Member #

Hey everyone, I’m Frank. I live in the San Diego area and I’m relatively new to the whole overlanding scene. I have lots of experience backpacking and being outdoors, and I enjoy working on cars, which is what drew me to overlanding. I’m currently serving in the Marines, and my current vehicle is a 2006 Jeep Liberty. I think that about sums it up, I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge and experience in this community, thanks.

DBAR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lebanon, PA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey all! My name is Cody and I live in central PA. I have traveled the world hiking, surviving, and training as an Infantryman in the Marine Corps. However, I am new to the Overlanding community. Shortly after getting out of the military I bought myself a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) and set my sights on using it to explore and camp. I hope to learn a lot about the joys of overlanding from the folks here.
IMG_0553.jpg

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Hello Everyone!

We are very new to Overlanding. We are awaiting the arrival of our vehicle so I don't have a picture of it yet. We currently live in the Pacific Northwest about an hour from the Canadian border and close to the ferry to the San Juan Islands.

Our rig is a 2020 GMC Savana 2500 van with a Quigley 4x4.

We're hoping to start our overlanding travels full time later this year in Australia. Still working out the details on how, etc. We have a caravan being built in Brisbane at the moment.

We are both retired and hoping to finally do some traveling that is not restricted by vacation times with jobs! It's going to be a great time and we look forward to meeting many of you along the way!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Overland Bound folks. My name is Matt and I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area. Long time camper, off roader, gear head etc. I am an Air Force Veteran, a public school facilities administrator, an active member (# 347) of Copperstate Cruisers here in Arizona, a member of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association and the proud owner of a 1995 FZJ80. Been a long time troll of Overland Bound so I thought I'd finally join as I always find lots of useful information here from like minded folks.
Welcome Matthew. Great to have you as a part of the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Mattman

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone, I’m Frank. I live in the San Diego area and I’m relatively new to the whole overlanding scene. I have lots of experience backpacking and being outdoors, and I enjoy working on cars, which is what drew me to overlanding. I’m currently serving in the Marines, and my current vehicle is a 2006 Jeep Liberty. I think that about sums it up, I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge and experience in this community, thanks.
Hi Frank welcome to the OB community. A Marine, living in San Diego area, makes me think you're stationed at Camp Pendleton. Thank you for your service.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Hey all! My name is Cody and I live in central PA. I have traveled the world hiking, surviving, and training as an Infantryman in the Marine Corps. However, I am new to the Overlanding community. Shortly after getting out of the military I bought myself a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) and set my sights on using it to explore and camp. I hope to learn a lot about the joys of overlanding from the folks here.
View attachment 137582
Welcome @DBAR

Any plans to head to Bald Eagle State
Forest?

Semper Fi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

DBAR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lebanon, PA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Welcome @DBAR

Any plans to head to Bald Eagle State
Forest?

Semper Fi.
Hey Semper Fi brother!

I don't have any plans to go there yet. One of the reasons I decided to join this community was to get some ideas for cool places to visit. There are a ton of cool hiking trails around me but very few allow vehicles or camping.

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Howard and I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I'm a long time off-roader though I sold my Jeep a couple of years ago. I'm retired FROM the Air Force but still working Civil Service FOR the Air Force. I have a 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 that I am slowly fixing up to do some overlanding with. I also ride a 2017 BMW GSA that I ride everywhere and anywhere!, off-road or on (more on than off :) I also love camping and the outdoors.

I look forward to learning new things from this forum!

Thanks!

jeepitreal

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lisica
Member #

Hello forum members. Name is Jason hailing from Pacifica, CA, and I have pretty much finished my build on my 2010 Wrangler Rubicon. Not much to do when it comes a electric sway bar disconnect, dual Dana 44s with e-lockers! Just a lift, wheels, tires, winch, and you're all set. Completed a trip through the Rubicon trail, solo through the spring melt. Just added a top notch iKamper RTT and built an overland trailer... voila, its an RV for my family.
20191121_145759.jpg

Last edited:

Ralph

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

No, not yet. No diff lock on mine.
Actually I am trying to get rid of rust.
Rusty they are ;-)
Still SYNCROs keep their value extremely. So there is a point to rescue even most rotten one.
If U need anything for this plan - let me know. Most of the panels and parts are produced here in Poland and cost like nothing...

Reactions: Kent R