Bean

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Weatherford Tx
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke5et
Well I took the lil Bean off road at Texohma in a sand and swamp area, and dropping into the first deep hole, pulled the muffler out of the catalytic converter. Apparently previous owner had cut out the original one, and replaced it, instead of replacing the entire muffler. I decided this vehicle is never going to be as off roady as I need it to be. I just purchased a 1996 Jeep Cherokee, and am in the process of making it reliable. It came with a new engine and a lot of work, however the steering is terrible, and when they replaced the engine, apparently they pulled off a lot of parts from the old one and didn't replace any of the gaskets or seals. I've already replaced the oil sending unit, and the gasket kit for the oil filter adapter, but will need to replace the valve cover and oil pan gaskets in the near future. In the process of converting drum brakes to disc, as the stopping isn't quiet what it needs to be. Once brakes are done, will focus on front end.
Update- I took it to Baertrax (Dallas) and they were able to fix up my front end so that the Quick Connect Anti-Sway bar is now connected back to the original factory mounts. There was about 3" of steering slop, so replaced the Power steering gear box, and hoses this past weekend, and what a difference that made. I'll be reaching back to Baetrax to replace the Control Arm bushings, and then try and get it aligned. Right now it drives pretty well, but is pulling towards the passenger side. There are several folks in our area interested interested in an off road day, but are all beginners and don't want to damage their vehicles. We're trying to plan out a simple day ride, I think Bridgeport makes the most sense. I haven't been there in years, so I may try and sneak out in advance to be better prepared. Their maps are available off their site, is there anyone in the Ft. Worth, or North Texas area interested?

CapeXterra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Scituate, Massachusetts
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Reimels
Member #

Hey gang,
Not really new but been away for do long thought I’d introduce myself again. I’m Joe. An equipment operator on the south of Boston. Rig is now a 2016 Silverado HD. It’s a bit of a work in progress as far as an overland rig goes but it’ll get there. Member 2246 here and hopefully there’s some new things I can learn and people to meet.

Attachments

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hey gang,
Not really new but been away for do long thought I’d introduce myself again. I’m Joe. An equipment operator on the south of Boston. Rig is now a 2016 Silverado HD. It’s a bit of a work in progress as far as an overland rig goes but it’ll get there. Member 2246 here and hopefully there’s some new things I can learn and people to meet.
Welcome back, Joe!

Jsh2695

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
jeff
Last Name
Hodges
Member #

Hello everyone, I am excited to join the community.
2009 Nissan Frontier SV. first rig build and it's very low budget diy rig. I am a beginer in overland sport. I plan on 2020 trips to OBX and Georgia Traverse. I am all about enjoying life, meeting great people.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jose (@jmaya), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nic (@@nic_t4r), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out towards the end of Feb for a meet and greet in Gilbert.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Oh you that’s what that for sorry I’m fairly new so I prob can’t use that call sign, you now how I can change it?
In the top right corner of the forum, click on your name.
In the box that drops down click on account details.
Scroll down until you see ham callsign.

Don't feel that you have to change it, there are others with nicknames or CB radio names in there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2009 Nissan Frontier SV. first rig build and it's very low budget diy rig. I am a beginer in overland sport. I plan on 2020 trips to OBX and Georgia Traverse. I am all about enjoying life, meeting great people.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang,
Welcome back to the forum!

Lots of things have changed so here are some links to get you updated.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Your new Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Zenas.
Rig: 2020 Toyota Tundra (stock)
Experience: None, completely newView attachment 137319
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Magic Mike

The closest meet-up to you is;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Here are two other meet-ups that are in the Sac area.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member #21133 Hi my name is Nic! I have a 2006 T4R SR5 Sport package. With a mid travel suspension kit on the front and long travel in the back. Looking forward to being a part of the group. View attachment 137267

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Bill here.. I looking forward to researching info for future trips.

Current Rig: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Looking to purchase a Ram Rebel 1500 in the next couple months.

Experience: Novice

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Wjm1776

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jason (@Jasonking), welcome from Oklahoma. @jmaya just joined from Houston as well.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hey Jeff, welcome to the OB forum! You've got a nice truck to explore with. If you haven't already, look into the radiator bypass mod for your transmission cooler (SMOD mod... stands for Strawberry Milkshake Of Death) it is/was a known issue for models pre-'11 (I think it was). Also some folks, myself included, have replaced the original rear axle breather "vent" to prevent premature seal failure. You can google them both and you'll be bombarded with forum links, etc, with answers to questions you might have. I had an '08 (with no issues) and traded it in on a '19. Love 'em both. Enjoy!

THEBUCK

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Haberthy
Member #

Hello All, TheBuck is from Cincinnati, OH. My rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with 35's (Nitto Grapplers), My Tuff Stuff Rooftop tent just arrived today. Waiting on my 'Upper Decker' steel bedcover to arrive in the next few weeks. Looking forward to getting out there. I have a trip planned in March at Hocking Hills and another in May at Daniel Boone National Forest.