Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I’m Zoe and live in the Denver, CO area. I recently got a 5th gen 4Runner that’s also my daily driver (named Rosie in honor of Rosie the Riveter). You’ll find me and my dog camping or traveling more weekends than not. I’m planning on going on longer, more remote trips, hence the vehicle upgrade (coming from a Rav4… got stuck one too many times for my liking while solo traveling).

I’d consider myself relatively novice and am looking forward to this community’s guidance as I continue to build out my rig!

Cheers,
Zoe

View attachment 136839
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Look like it's my turn to introduce myself!

I am a beginner in overlanding. I am however, or at least I'd like to think I am, quite experienced in camping, navigating and off roading. I am only 19 years old (born July 10th, 2000) but have been off-roading and camping all my life. drove my first mudhole when i was 6, lol!
I am located in Calgary, AB, Canada
My Rig: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ext cab. Just starting to build it now. Would love all the help, advice and suggestions that I can get! I posted a thread about my build and the help I need (pretty much everything).

I am a very easygoing person who loves the outdoors and will do anything to be able to get out and just explore. I work as a paramedic and so I can be your personal, mobilized temporary hospital if you ever feel like showing me around. Once I get my rig some what fully built, I will be looking to explore all over north and south america with the thing.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to join this group. It seems like an amazing resource

I live in North Dakota and drive a 2015 Jeep JKUR Hard Rock, 2.5 inch lift and 35's.

I'm a fairly novice Overlander, but hope to change that soon!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Montana Carl

Reactions: Snic8156

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow Overland Bound members, my name is Brian and I'm excited to be a part of this great community! I was introduced to the site/group by my good buddy Wabi-Sabi-FJ60
We recently moved to Waco, TX from San Diego, CA and wanted to be more involved in getting outdoors and exploring with my wife and two daughters (and the dog). I'm a newbie with overlanding but have a lot of experience with camping/backpacking and being outdoors.

I'm looking forward to new adventures with our 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X. I haven't done much with it other than add a 1.5" leveling kit in the front and 1.25" wheel spacers on all 4. I am currently working on designing/building a roof rack to attach to the factory rails.

Cheers,
B

View attachment 136777

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kyle Metzloff
I live in Madison Wisconsin and have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that is mostly for fun and my Son mostly drives it.
I mostly overland in South Africa and the surrounding countries. I have a 1994 Land Rover Defender kitted out fairly well for several weeks of overland at a time.
This summer I will be in Botswana for three weeks. I am fairly new to this, but have some good guides over there.
I plan on importing one in the next few years, but leaving the current one named TOTO in South Africa. I would like to go to Alaska and up into Canada mostly when I get my rig over here sorted. I could do a Jeep, but I like the larger cab and heavy duty frame of the Land Rover Defender. Not sure if there any like minded people around me?

Hope to meet some of you!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

In Botswana our local Member Representative is @Get Out GO. Just in case we can be of any assistance when you are on your trip.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello! I’m Zoe and live in the Denver, CO area. I recently got a 5th gen 4Runner that’s also my daily driver (named Rosie in honor of Rosie the Riveter). You’ll find me and my dog camping or traveling more weekends than not. I’m planning on going on longer, more remote trips, hence the vehicle upgrade (coming from a Rav4… got stuck one too many times for my liking while solo traveling).
I’d consider myself relatively novice and am looking forward to this community’s guidance as I continue to build out my rig!
Cheers,
Zoe
Hello Zoe! Welcome! I love your rig! :) I sort of wish they offered the Land Cruiser in that color.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I’m Jeff and I live in the Dallas, TX metro area. I have enjoyed camping and hiking for years, but over the last year I became aware of overlanding. I drive a 4Runner TRD Off Road. I look forward to getting to know people and learning from others.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 he can give you information for the DFW meet-up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Binh from Orange County, CA. I bought a 4Runner TRD Off Road last year. I’m getting my feet wet with overlanding and off-roading. I love it so far. I’ll be asking a lot of newbie questions so I want to thank you all for bearing with me.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob for local information about trips and meet-ups. Your SoCal Member Representatives are @Barclay @FrankRoams @Dominic OB0158

Frank is your OC Member Rep.

Reactions: ocblizzard

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody! My name’s Kory and I’m based out of the Little Rock Area. I’m excited to begin my overlanding journey here with Overland Bound. Looking to learn and find a crew of folks who know what they’re doing and where to go. This is my 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500. It’s a daily driver but I’d like to make it as versatile as possible to tackle whatever adventure might arise. I’ve got a few upgrades I want to make of course but I hope to begin figuring out what she’s capable of now and adjust as I go. View attachment 136700
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 136669
hi
Located in New Zealand.
this is my 2012 Nissan Navara 2.5l
Been doing a bit of overlanding for a few years.
looking forward to reading the forums and picking up a few tips.
found the forum through a YouTube clip on modified rear drawers
Cheers

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

We are working to build our membership in NZ and develop local meet-ups.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Finally made the leap to join Overland Bound!
I'm Ross, I currently live in Tehachapi, CA and drive a 2019 Toyota 4runner.
I got my start overlanding in my Land Rover series II I bought with my friend Tim while living in the Transkei in South Africa back in the early 2000's, but was stuck in a 2x2 Tacoma for years when I returned stateside. I'm having a blast getting back out on the trails and exploring the Mojave and southern Sierras!
View attachment 136651

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob for local information about trips and meet-ups. Your SoCal Member Representatives are @Barclay @FrankRoams @Dominic OB0158

Here is the closest monthly meet-up to you.
Bakersfield CA
US West - Bakersfield Meet Ups

Last edited:

artster63

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Justice, IL, USA
First Name
Art
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Hey all!! My name is Art and I'm based in the Chicagoland area. Just recently joined Overland Bound, #22484. Well, after a month long adventure wandering out west a couple of years ago, I've been itching to get back out there and explore. Up for the challenge I recently retired, modified my 4th gen 4runner, which I affectionately call Nellie and am setting a course for adventure. Can't wait to see where the next exit ramp takes me!!!

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Look like it's my turn to introduce myself!

I am a beginner in overlanding. I am however, or at least I'd like to think I am, quite experienced in camping, navigating and off roading. I am only 19 years old (born July 10th, 2000) but have been off-roading and camping all my life. drove my first mudhole when i was 6, lol!
I am located in Calgary, AB, Canada
My Rig: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ext cab. Just starting to build it now. Would love all the help, advice and suggestions that I can get! I posted a thread about my build and the help I need (pretty much everything).

I am a very easygoing person who loves the outdoors and will do anything to be able to get out and just explore. I work as a paramedic and so I can be your personal, mobilized temporary hospital if you ever feel like showing me around. Once I get my rig some what fully built, I will be looking to explore all over north and south america with the thing.
Welcome to the fun we call overlanding. Check the map and calendar. There are a couple conferences calls that are easy to join in that will gibe you an opposite to talk to other OB folks about mods and trips. I'm sure you have already heard, but Just get out there. Your build will kind of plan itself as you use the rig for overlanding with other people. You will get a better idea of what you need vs nice to have.

Hope to catch you on a call and see you on the trails.

Reactions: Kent R

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Thanks! I was going to join in on the Death Valley trip on the 14th to 17th. Seems like a very small group going so far lol

The west has so many cool trails and events, i am about to move out there lol

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Finally made the leap to join Overland Bound!
I'm Ross, I currently live in Tehachapi, CA and drive a 2019 Toyota 4runner.
I got my start overlanding in my Land Rover series II I bought with my friend Tim while living in the Transkei in South Africa back in the early 2000's, but was stuck in a 2x2 Tacoma for years when I returned stateside. I'm having a blast getting back out on the trails and exploring the Mojave and southern Sierras!
View attachment 136651
Sweet rig ya got there and welcome!

Reactions: Kent R

Jefe de Pista

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Fletcher
Last Name
G.
Member #

Just joined today. I finally pulled the trigger on a new truck, and look forward to slowly building it into a capable overlander.

After months of hemming and hawing about what to buy, I landed on a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss. I was very close to getting a Taco or a 4Runner, but in the end a full size truck was just the most practical option for my everyday rig needs.

I recently relocated from Northern California (Bay Area) to Kansas City, so I am excited to try and find some good places to camp, fish and explore. It's going to be tough not being on the doorstep of the Sierras, and all that they have to offer outdoor enthusiasts like myself, but I will manage. I hear the Ozarks have some hidden gems that I can't wait to discover.

All I have done to the truck in the two weeks that I have owned it are steps, and LineX in the bed and wheel wells. My next purchase will probably be a tonneau cover. I will use Agri-Cover because I get all their stuff @ 50% off... Anyone have any experience with their hard covers and Adarac M-Series racks? Let me know your thoughts.

I am an overlanding noob, but have spent much of my life outdoors, and have done a fair amount of 4 wheeling and camping, so this is simply a matter of combining two great things.

Someday when I'm rich (or am an accomplished bank robber) I will get a RTT. I have a jar in the kitchen with a couple of pennies.

I really look forward to being a part of the community!
Inkedthe_beast_LI.jpg

Cheers,
Fletcher