Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brian (@ib4Runnin), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock, next one coming up on Feb 1st. I know it's not real close to Waco...but then again in Texas, close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Ralph

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

Hello fellow Overland Bound members, my name is Brian and I'm excited to be a part of this great community! I was introduced to the site/group by my good buddy Wabi-Sabi-FJ60
We recently moved to Waco, TX from San Diego, CA and wanted to be more involved in getting outdoors and exploring with my wife and two daughters (and the dog). I'm a newbie with overlanding but have a lot of experience with camping/backpacking and being outdoors.

I'm looking forward to new adventures with our 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X. I haven't done much with it other than add a 1.5" leveling kit in the front and 1.25" wheel spacers on all 4. I am currently working on designing/building a roof rack to attach to the factory rails.

Cheers,
B
Nice 4runner. Looks like a virgin - should take her to the bushes asap ;-) But first some tent on the roof...

Bri4Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

Hello Brian (@ib4Runnin), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock, next one coming up on Feb 1st. I know it's not real close to Waco...but then again in Texas, close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Hi Jon, Thank you for the welcome and additional info! I will have to make it out to Round Rock for the meet up!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. I’m Jeff and I live in the Dallas, TX metro area. I have enjoyed camping and hiking for years, but over the last year I became aware of overlanding. I drive a 4Runner TRD Off Road. I look forward to getting to know people and learning from others.
Hi Jeff welcome to the OB community.

Medic5.3

Rank 0

Contributor II

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Dillon
Look like it's my turn to introduce myself!

I am a beginner in overlanding. I am however, or at least I'd like to think I am, quite experienced in camping, navigating and off roading. I am only 19 years old (born July 10th, 2000) but have been off-roading and camping all my life. drove my first mudhole when i was 6, lol!
I am located in Calgary, AB, Canada
My Rig: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ext cab. Just starting to build it now. Would love all the help, advice and suggestions that I can get! I posted a thread about my build and the help I need (pretty much everything).

I am a very easygoing person who loves the outdoors and will do anything to be able to get out and just explore. I work as a paramedic and so I can be your personal, mobilized temporary hospital if you ever feel like showing me around. Once I get my rig some what fully built, I will be looking to explore all over north and south america with the thing.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Look like it's my turn to introduce myself!

I am a beginner in overlanding. I am however, or at least I'd like to think I am, quite experienced in camping, navigating and off roading. I am only 19 years old (born July 10th, 2000) but have been off-roading and camping all my life. drove my first mudhole when i was 6, lol!
I am located in Calgary, AB, Canada
My Rig: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ext cab. Just starting to build it now. Would love all the help, advice and suggestions that I can get! I posted a thread about my build and the help I need (pretty much everything).

I am a very easygoing person who loves the outdoors and will do anything to be able to get out and just explore. I work as a paramedic and so I can be your personal, mobilized temporary hospital if you ever feel like showing me around. Once I get my rig some what fully built, I will be looking to explore all over north and south america with the thing.
Welcome Charlie!

Andrew95

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gastonia, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I am a new member. My brother turned me on to this group over the past weekend. After i joined i started seeing facebook ads for new members recieving a patch. I was just wondering if this was a facebook only promotion. I recieved my members items in the mail today but not a patch as seen on facebook. No big deal im just more curious than anything. Thanks

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I am a new member. My brother turned me on to this group over the past weekend. After i joined i started seeing facebook ads for new members recieving a patch. I was just wondering if this was a facebook only promotion. I recieved my members items in the mail today but not a patch as seen on facebook. No big deal im just more curious than anything. Thanks
Hello Andrew, welcome from Oklahoma.
Are you referring to the Adventure is Necessary patch? Adventure is Necessary Patch
It required you to add it to the cart when you joined and use the NEEDADVENTURE promo code at checkout.
You can send an email to Info@OverlandBound.com , explain the issue and see if there is anything they are willing to do.

kamikazewatermelon

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zoe
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0APD
Hello! I’m Zoe and live in the Denver, CO area. I recently got a 5th gen 4Runner that’s also my daily driver (named Rosie in honor of Rosie the Riveter). You’ll find me and my dog camping or traveling more weekends than not. I’m planning on going on longer, more remote trips, hence the vehicle upgrade (coming from a Rav4… got stuck one too many times for my liking while solo traveling).

I’d consider myself relatively novice and am looking forward to this community’s guidance as I continue to build out my rig!

Cheers,
Zoe

rosie.jpg

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hello! I’m Zoe and live in the Denver, CO area. I recently got a 5th gen 4Runner that’s also my daily driver (named Rosie in honor of Rosie the Riveter). You’ll find me and my dog camping or traveling more weekends than not. I’m planning on going on longer, more remote trips, hence the vehicle upgrade (coming from a Rav4… got stuck one too many times for my liking while solo traveling).

I’d consider myself relatively novice and am looking forward to this community’s guidance as I continue to build out my rig!

Cheers,
Zoe

View attachment 136839
Welcome Zoe! Love that color.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Yeah, I'm bummed too. I got my membership as a gift, but it didn't have a patch. I got stickers, a T shirt and two emblems (my in-laws popped for the Ultimate package!). I heard they were sold out of the Adventure is Necessary patches. :disappointed:

Edit: But welcome to the forum! This is a great resource full of good folks & great info. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey everybody! My name’s Kory and I’m based out of the Little Rock Area. I’m excited to begin my overlanding journey here with Overland Bound. Looking to learn and find a crew of folks who know what they’re doing and where to go. This is my 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500. It’s a daily driver but I’d like to make it as versatile as possible to tackle whatever adventure might arise. I’ve got a few upgrades I want to make of course but I hope to begin figuring out what she’s capable of now and adjust as I go. View attachment 136700
Welcome from Tulsa, OK The Moore Expo is coming up next month. Might want to check it out and meet some fellow overlanders if you have the time.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone. I’m Jeff and I live in the Dallas, TX metro area. I have enjoyed camping and hiking for years, but over the last year I became aware of overlanding. I drive a 4Runner TRD Off Road. I look forward to getting to know people and learning from others.
Welcome from NE OK

Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Hello all . Just happened to stumble across this site when researching GX470s. I have owned several Toyotas 22REs before the Tacomas, 4Runner, and a Tacoma. I am in the market for a new rig and was looking at V8 4Runners until a GX470 caught my eye. After doing much research and looking at total cost to make it what I want before I make a purchase I have been reading all I can on here.

I currently live in Maine.
Navy Vet
Made and raised in MO

Love everything outdoors and soon to be an overlander. I dont have the rig yet but have hundreds of remote ponds and Brooks I look forward to taking my family to on the weekends.
Welcome to the Forums! :D

Andrew95

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gastonia, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yeah, I'm bummed too. I got my membership as a gift, but it didn't have a patch. I got stickers, a T shirt and two emblems (my in-laws popped for the Ultimate package!). I heard they were sold out of the Adventure is Necessary patches. :disappointed:

Edit: But welcome to the forum! This is a great resource full of good folks & great info. Enjoy!
Yeah thats unfortunate i bought the same package. But regardless im glad to be here

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers,
Zoe

View attachment 136839
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Neal A. Tew