Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

Hello OBers,

My name is Alex and I am from Luxembourg, western Europe.
Depending on the needs I am driving different cars. A VW T4 syncro for camping tours, a Cherokee KJ for mudding and a Cherokee KL for daily drive and overlanding.
My 4x4 experience can truly be classified as novice though I learned pretty much since driving 4x4s/AWDs.
Nice. I also use VW T4 SYNCRO with rear diff-lock. Nice to here there is one more here ... ;-) Have you lifted her?

Reactions: Kent R

STmincey

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Mincey
Member #

Hello Overlanders!
Scott and Terra Mincey here from Murfreesboro, TN and we are about as green as our avatar at the moment! lol
We have been camping in campers for about 10 yrs, always plugged in, never off the grid. As much as I've wanted to pull our 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf out and just rough it, it was always too easy to just pull it to one of the close nice state campgrounds, plug in and "glamp". Then I found the Lifestyle Overland crew on YouTube (man what an inspiration they are)....had Terra watch a few episodes and we soon realized what we have been missing.
We have a 2012 Nissan Armada that will be our introductory "rig" to get us a little more out in the wild than we are used to, nothing to demanding but definitely way more than we would ever go pulling a 27 ft camper. The RTT was also one of the big things that intrigued us so that will be our main purchase for now and making sure the Armada can handle it. I have acquired pretty much all the other essentials over the years for us to survive a couple of nights and get our feet "wet" with our 1st real adventures overland!

Last edited:

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hello Outlanders!
Scott and Terra Mincey here from Murfreesboro, TN and we are about as green as our avatar at the moment! lol
We have been camping in campers for about 10 yrs, always plugged in, never off the grid. As much as I've wanted to pull our 2017 Cherokee Grey Wolf out and just rough it, it was always too easy to just pull it to one of the close nice state campgrounds, plug in and "glamp". Then I found the Lifestyle Overland crew on YouTube (man what an inspiration they are)....had Terra watch a few episodes and we soon realized what we have been missing.
We have a 2012 Nissan Armada that will be our introductory "rig" to get us a little more out in the wild than we are used to, nothing to demanding but definitely way more than we would ever go pulling a 27 ft camper. The RTT was also one of the big things that intrigued us so that will be our main purchase for now and making sure the Armada can handle it. I have acquired pretty much all the other essentials over the years for us to survive a couple of nights and get our feet "wet" with our 1st real adventures overland!
Welcome!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Outlanders!
Welcome to the OB community. Lots of good stuff here that is helpful.

dpurdy85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Purdy
Member #

Nice rig and great photos! I am in Livermore as well. Second Sunday’s we meet in Pleasanton. We are headed to Prewitt Ridge at the end of the month and The Lost Coast on President's Day weekend.

Thanks! I was going to join in on the Death Valley trip on the 14th to 17th. Seems like a very small group going so far lol

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

lknmud1995

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cornelius, NC, USA
Member #

Im new to the overloading scene but this seems like the best place to start! Im a senior in High School and as my first car I bought a 1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser. I've had it for a little over a year now and have added 33'' K02s, a winch bumper, and am working on redoing the suspension. I'm in the Charlotte area and am pretty new at this so thanks for all the helpful tips you all share on this website!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello Overlanders!
Welcome! I love those Nissan Armadas (or Patrols).

Stumpalama

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thomas
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4SXK
Im new to the overloading scene but this seems like the best place to start! Im a senior in High School and as my first car I bought a 1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser. I've had it for a little over a year now and have added 33'' K02s, a winch bumper, and am working on redoing the suspension. I'm in the Charlotte area and am pretty new at this so thanks for all the helpful tips you all share on this website!
Good choice on the Land Cruiser. Have you looked into the Old North State Cruisers (ONSC) club? They are a great resource and host several trail rides and events through out the year.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: lknmud1995

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Robb, joining the Overland Bound community from my new home of Raleigh, NC. I drive a series 100 Land Cruiser. I'm a novice to overlanding but am looking forward to making new friends and having some epic adventures.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 136465

Fort Worth, TX
2018 Silverado Z71.
Not much by way of overlanding experience, but really looking forward to diving (driving?) down the rabbit hole.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative is @Prerunner1982, he can set you up with the most recent DFW meet-up information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,

Second introduction because I think I accidentally deleted the first one. Whoops.

Name is Travis, I’ve been doing what I have now learned is called “Overlanding” for many years now. Cruising the old forestry roads of southern BC looking for that great new place place to camp and hitting every hot spring along the way. I’ve been known to travel ridiculous distances to soak in natural springs.

I do this with my 8 year old copilot who loves getting out and discovering new places just as much as me. It’s definitely in his blood. We have always tented up until now just because that’s what we liked to do. Now I’m at the point in my life where I want something with hard sides and off the ground to sleep in, so I’m having a trailer built by OffGrid Trailers in Canada. Have decided on the Expedition 2.0

I decided to go with the tow behind because I need the box of my truck for other parts of my life. Hunting, hauling firewood, ATV etc. The Expedition 2.0 seemed like the solution for me.

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho this year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Seems like a great group here and I’m looking forward to picking up some Idaho info and am always willing to offer whatever assistance I can to anybody looking into my neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Travis.View attachment 136460View attachment 136461

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve @Slimpartywagon they are a great resource.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hows it going my name is Daniel,

Rig: 03 Xterra, 14 Cherokee KL
Experience: None (looking to modify both vehicles, (Xterra more of a single person/2 person build, Cherokee as a family oriented overland build).
Thanks for your time, I look forward to connecting with y'all!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all . Just happened to stumble across this site when researching GX470s. I have owned several Toyotas 22REs before the Tacomas, 4Runner, and a Tacoma. I am in the market for a new rig and was looking at V8 4Runners until a GX470 caught my eye. After doing much research and looking at total cost to make it what I want before I make a purchase I have been reading all I can on here.

I currently live in Maine.
Navy Vet
Made and raised in MO

Love everything outdoors and soon to be an overlander. I dont have the rig yet but have hundreds of remote ponds and Brooks I look forward to taking my family to on the weekends.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Technician

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Noster
Hey All,

Second introduction because I think I accidentally deleted the first one. Whoops.

Name is Travis, I’ve been doing what I have now learned is called “Overlanding” for many years now. Cruising the old forestry roads of southern BC looking for that great new place place to camp and hitting every hot spring along the way. I’ve been known to travel ridiculous distances to soak in natural springs.

I do this with my 8 year old copilot who loves getting out and discovering new places just as much as me. It’s definitely in his blood. We have always tented up until now just because that’s what we liked to do. Now I’m at the point in my life where I want something with hard sides and off the ground to sleep in, so I’m having a trailer built by OffGrid Trailers in Canada. Have decided on the Expedition 2.0

I decided to go with the tow behind because I need the box of my truck for other parts of my life. Hunting, hauling firewood, ATV etc. The Expedition 2.0 seemed like the solution for me.

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho this year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Seems like a great group here and I’m looking forward to picking up some Idaho info and am always willing to offer whatever assistance I can to anybody looking into my neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Travis.View attachment 136460View attachment 136461
Whoooo!! I love those Off-Grid Trailers. How much is yours going to be if you don't mind me asking. I'm just in Calgary, we head out to the crowsnest pass often. Riding and exploring along the way.

Maybe see you around! Cheers,

Reactions: Kent R and Big G