Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon everyone!

i started my adventure out of NYC and now reside in penn state
running a 1995 jeep grand cherokee 5.2l my old beast
my experience with overlanding is fairly well rounded.
i am here to gain knowledge from the community and pass some of my own along for the better of this lifestyle we love and the great outdoors
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I suppose this is where i introduce myself.
I have a 2016 Tacoma trd sport. No mods yet all stock. I have next to no experience. I love nature and anything to do with it so im looking forward to learning. I am from Gastonia nc but i just tell people im from the Carolina's. Glad to be apart of this group.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . Your local Member Representative is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Andrew95

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,
I'm a Newb to the overland game. My Subi FXT has mostly seen fire roads on the way to hiking, but also some sand at local beaches, and snow play in the Sierra Nevada foothills. But living on the North Coast of CA means adventure on all sides! I'm just learning to outfit, scour forums and Youtube and use the rig for more than just getting me to my next hike. Looking forward to sharing with all you all!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there! I'm Jake, Ifrom Ogden Ut. I drive a 2018 4Runner and I've been doing offroading since about 2010! I'm excited to be here

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Knitron & @A-Aron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My wife, Susan our dog, Katja and me, Robert went to Overland East in October. She fell in love with it and as a Plein Aire/ Landscape artist she launched her overlanding website/blog. We can't wait until Spring to get back on the trail. Here is some of her work from our overlanding trips and a link to her site

www.overlandartist.com.

https://overlandartist.com/2019/12/23/assateaque-island/

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Gang,
I'm Charlie, but my friends call me Tig. I'm a professional photographer in Durango, Colorado. I've been camping my whole life, and have been overlanding a few times in friends' rigs so I'm excited to start building my own and getting active in the community. Currently, I own a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring. I've just ordered new wheels and will be lifting her in August (when my warranty is up).

Name: Tig
Rig: 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
Experience: Minimal

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is Andrew moved to Eugene OR from Hawaii a little over a year ago. Have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off-road, definitely a novice to overlanding and looking forward meeting some folks to do some exploring.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone. New to Overland Bound but not offroading. Earned a few dents and lots of pin strips on my 2014 Tundra in the last few years. In Livermore, CA.

Goal this year is to go on at least 1 trip a month

View attachment 136324View attachment 136325
Nice rig and great photos! I am in Livermore as well. Second Sunday’s we meet in Pleasanton. We are headed to Prewitt Ridge at the end of the month and The Lost Coast on President's Day weekend.

Reactions: Kent R and dpurdy85

FlatlanderMO

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Maine, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
G
Member #

Hello all . Just happened to stumble across this site when researching GX470s. I have owned several Toyotas 22REs before the Tacomas, 4Runner, and a Tacoma. I am in the market for a new rig and was looking at V8 4Runners until a GX470 caught my eye. After doing much research and looking at total cost to make it what I want before I make a purchase I have been reading all I can on here.

I currently live in Maine.
Navy Vet
Made and raised in MO

Love everything outdoors and soon to be an overlander. I dont have the rig yet but have hundreds of remote ponds and Brooks I look forward to taking my family to on the weekends.

Space Goat

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Golden, BC, Canada
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Tonge
Member #

Hey All,

Second introduction because I think I accidentally deleted the first one. Whoops.

Name is Travis, I’ve been doing what I have now learned is called “Overlanding” for many years now. Cruising the old forestry roads of southern BC looking for that great new place place to camp and hitting every hot spring along the way. I’ve been known to travel ridiculous distances to soak in natural springs.

I do this with my 8 year old copilot who loves getting out and discovering new places just as much as me. It’s definitely in his blood. We have always tented up until now just because that’s what we liked to do. Now I’m at the point in my life where I want something with hard sides and off the ground to sleep in, so I’m having a trailer built by OffGrid Trailers in Canada. Have decided on the Expedition 2.0

I decided to go with the tow behind because I need the box of my truck for other parts of my life. Hunting, hauling firewood, ATV etc. The Expedition 2.0 seemed like the solution for me.

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho this year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Seems like a great group here and I’m looking forward to picking up some Idaho info and am always willing to offer whatever assistance I can to anybody looking into my neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Travis.Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

Last edited:

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello all you guys and gals in Overland land.

I am Brian from Auburn, Ca and I am a beginning overlandahhh!

For me it all started when I built a bed box in the back of my 2003 Suburban for an extended camping trip. A friend of mine asked if I was into overlanding and I said "what is overlanding?" I started looking into it and the rest has been a wonderful and educational (humbling) experience.

Looking for people and events in my area and to gain a bit more knowledge along the way.
Welcome to OB! I used to regularly kayak the North Fork from Colfax --> Yankee Jim's regularly. I loved it & miss it dearly. We started out inner tubing it! (Although we couldn't go before the 4th of July as it was way too ragin'!) Ever explore that area? Like I said, I miss it very much...

Reactions: Kent R

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hey All,

Second introduction because I think I accidentally deleted the first one. Whoops.

Name is Travis, I’ve been doing what I have now learned is called “Overlanding” for many years now. Cruising the old forestry roads of southern BC looking for that great new place place to camp and hitting every hot spring along the way. I’ve been known to travel ridiculous distances to soak in natural springs.

I do this with my 8 year old copilot who loves getting out and discovering new places just as much as me. It’s definitely in his blood. We have always tented up until now just because that’s what we liked to do. Now I’m at the point in my life where I want something with hard sides and off the ground to sleep in, so I’m having a trailer built by OffGrid Trailers in Canada. Have decided on the Expedition 2.0

I decided to go with the tow behind because I need the box of my truck for other parts of my life. Hunting, hauling firewood, ATV etc. The Expedition 2.0 seemed like the solution for me.

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho next year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Seems like a great group here and I’m looking forward to picking up some Idaho info and am always willing to offer whatever assistance I can to anybody looking into my neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Travis.View attachment 136460View attachment 136461
I am EXTREMELY jealous of your trailer acquisition! You MUST post tons of info/pics/options selected so that I can live vicariously through your posts!!!!! (:-D)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Josh (@jolson138 ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the monthly DFW meet and greet around the middle of Feb.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The local Member Representatives are, @Ohio Valley Overland @MTOutdoorsman
Lots of stuff in the works with announcements coming for a monthly meet up schedule this year starting at the end of February....So far we have a tentative plan for a meet up in July and I'm leading a massive trip around the region starting in June and lasting who knows how long....October will bring another 10 day epic from Red River Gorge to Arrington for Overland Expo....

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey All,

We are planning to do a two week tour through Idaho this year because we aren’t far from the border and I just love Idaho in general. Looking at the backcountry discover route from the Canadian border down to Nevada.

Cheers.

Travis.View attachment 136460View attachment 136461
Welcome!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

The NW Overland Rally is in June in Plain, WA. Should be a blast!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep