Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! We are a family of 4 living in Blue Ridge, GA. Our rig is a 2016 Ram 2500 with a nuthouse and CVT tent. We recently took an amazing trip to Big Bend National Park with some dear friends. This year, we have several trips planned. We just sold a small travel trailer as we love our RTT and plan to use it for all our overlanding adventures. We look forward to meeting others and utilizing the tools/resources of Overland Bound.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: green slime

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

So I have no experience in overlanding or travel in general but I would like to start. My dream is to build an expedition truck to live in full time and travel the world. I have come here to hopefully gain knowledge on what truck will work for me.

Kind regards,
Ray
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your Souther Africa Member Representative is @Get Out GO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Experience: New to overlanding.

I have camped and hiked my whole life but finally have a vehicle that will allow me to do a little off roading. Would love to meet people locally and maybe hit up Bald Eagle state park for some overlanding and camping.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Jayson here from northern Utah. I’m a rookie when it comes to overlanding. I grew up in the mountains and have always loved seeing new places so I finally decided overlanding would be the best and most exciting way to get out there. I drive a 2013 Toyota Tacoma pretty much stock besides a KB Voodoo bed rack and Tepui RTT. Lift goes on this week then I’ll be saving for wheels, tires and sliders. Super stoked being here and looking forward to the adventur ahead!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Knitron & @A-Aron

Reactions: Jaysonf79

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
Don & Kelli here from Arizona. Looking forward to getting out meeting you on the trails and in camp! Look for the Dozer Yellow 4 door Jeep JK....It will look more Overlanding worthy once my roof rack gets here..12 weeks or so :smile:

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!

My name is Graham, and my wife is Rebecca.
My overlanding rig consists of a 12" open floor, steel trailer, a 2014 Wildcat, and a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali ("The Beast" is a 6.2L, AWD, service truck fully outfitted with emergency and off-road lights, all of my tools, and many accessories! Added leveling kit and factory size K02s since these photos)
Experience: I'd say above average off-road experience but still fairly new to the full vehicle overlanding experience.

We love to head out camping and often find ourselves in the middle of nowhere. There are thousands of places to get lost up here in Alberta even as they are slowly closing some areas. This setup works wonders for me as I am a self employed mobile mechanic and this truck is also my service truck. So fully loaded with tools it makes for a poor full-time overlanding rig, so I have the Wildcat for the fun part!
My trailer is slowly being fitted to be more functional. The tent sits on a ladder rack frame with storage both underneath and on the front. LED lighting of course and a custom built "furnace-in-a-box" for when its -25 degrees celsius. (You can see the piping going in the side window of the RTT).
In the works is a removable bed rack for the truck for when I don't need the Wildcat but still want to go out and adventure.
We also have a 2014 Mitubishi RVR that we took on a very long trip down through Oregon. Loved every minute of it with our Rocky Mountain Equipment RTT.

Looking forward to the vast amount of information with this group and will be purchasing a membership as well! On Instagram - @insta.grahamn and @high.torque.repair

Cheers!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Longtime lurker, finally joined up!

Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
Overlanding Experience: Novice?

In 2018 I put a 2" lift and some KO2s on my Rav4 and took off for Death Valley with my Tepui Ayer 2 for my maiden overlanding voyage. "Kendra" was a champ, but when a new job came along that required travel throughout the state, I knew the time had come to make an upgrade. I've had "Dutch" for 9 months and have logged 17,000 miles in that time frame. Thus far, she's been bone stock minus KO2s and I've taken her through the Eastern Sierras, up the White Mountains, through Death Valley, and into Shasta-Trinity National Forest. 2020 is a big year for us, in the coming weeks Dutch is getting a Dobinson's lift, a behind-the-grill light bar and ditch lights, a Frontrunner Slimline II rack, an Eezi Awn Swift, Group 34 battery and a Dometic CFX3-55. I travel for work and am building Dutch to reflect my specific needs. Can't wait to dive into the forums here and get to know some local members!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

There is a meet-up in your area if your interested. The contact is @PapaDave
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the acceptance. Brand new to overloading so there will be plenty of questions in the future.
Hailing from Rainbow, Texas
Building an 83 Cherokee Widetrack. Will also be building an 84 Grand Wagoneer.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Located on New Jersey, and am very much a novice but am looking forward to learning and meeting what seems like an incredible group of people. Thanks

Sean

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Longtime lurker, finally joined up!

Rig: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
Overlanding Experience: Novice?

In 2018 I put a 2" lift and some KO2s on my Rav4 and took off for Death Valley with my Tepui Ayer 2 for my maiden overlanding voyage. "Kendra" was a champ, but when a new job came along that required travel throughout the state, I knew the time had come to make an upgrade. I've had "Dutch" for 9 months and have logged 17,000 miles in that time frame. Thus far, she's been bone stock minus KO2s and I've taken her through the Eastern Sierras, up the White Mountains, through Death Valley, and into Shasta-Trinity National Forest. 2020 is a big year for us, in the coming weeks Dutch is getting a Dobinson's lift, a behind-the-grill light bar and ditch lights, a Frontrunner Slimline II rack, an Eezi Awn Swift, Group 34 battery and a Dometic CFX3-55. I travel for work and am building Dutch to reflect my specific needs. Can't wait to dive into the forums here and get to know some local members!
We meet downtown P Town at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co, Second Sunday’s.
Here’s a link to our discussion page with the most current info to catch up on. 4runner looks good!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello all, my name is Andrew moved to Eugene OR from Hawaii a little over a year ago. Have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off-road, definitely a novice to overlanding and looking forward meeting some folks to do some exploring.
Hey Andrew, welcome to OB & Oregon! If you find yourself heading to the coast, I'm about 1/2 hr north of Florence (just across the coast range from Eugene), hit me up!

Reactions: Kent R and Sunbum

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!

My name is Graham, and my wife is Rebecca.
My overlanding rig consists of a 12" open floor, steel trailer, a 2014 Wildcat, and a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali ("The Beast" is a 6.2L, AWD, service truck fully outfitted with emergency and off-road lights, all of my tools, and many accessories! Added leveling kit and factory size K02s since these photos)
Experience: I'd say above average off-road experience but still fairly new to the full vehicle overlanding experience.

We love to head out camping and often find ourselves in the middle of nowhere. There are thousands of places to get lost up here in Alberta even as they are slowly closing some areas. This setup works wonders for me as I am a self employed mobile mechanic and this truck is also my service truck. So fully loaded with tools it makes for a poor full-time overlanding rig, so I have the Wildcat for the fun part!
My trailer is slowly being fitted to be more functional. The tent sits on a ladder rack frame with storage both underneath and on the front. LED lighting of course and a custom built "furnace-in-a-box" for when its -25 degrees celsius. (You can see the piping going in the side window of the RTT).
In the works is a removable bed rack for the truck for when I don't need the Wildcat but still want to go out and adventure.
We also have a 2014 Mitubishi RVR that we took on a very long trip down through Oregon. Loved every minute of it with our Rocky Mountain Equipment RTT.

Looking forward to the vast amount of information with this group and will be purchasing a membership as well! On Instagram - @insta.grahamn and @high.torque.repair

Cheers!
Welcome to OB. Keep an eye on the calendar and rally point system. I also do a conference call on the 3rd Sunday of the Mont at 730 pm PST.

Love your setup. A different rig for every type of overlanding.

WoodsPhotography

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Durango, CO, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hi Gang,
I'm Charlie, but my friends call me Tig. I'm a professional photographer in Durango, Colorado. I've been camping my whole life, and have been overlanding a few times in friends' rigs so I'm excited to start building my own and getting active in the community. Currently, I own a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring. I've just ordered new wheels and will be lifting her in August (when my warranty is up).

Name: Tig
Rig: 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring
Experience: Minimal

xterraRTB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bruce
Member #

My wife, Susan our dog, Katja and me, Robert went to Overland East in October. She fell in love with it and as a Plein Aire/ Landscape artist she launched her overlanding website/blog. We can't wait until Spring to get back on the trail. Here is some of her work from our overlanding trips and a link to her site

www.overlandartist.com.

https://overlandartist.com/2019/12/23/assateaque-island/

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello there
Was brought to this forum from Google when I was looking for Traction Board mounting information.
I'm Retired Army Medic and have only been Off-Roading for 14ish years I grew up a city boy so did not get out and hunt or 4x4.
I recently hurt my back so my Offroading has morphed to more adventure on gravel roads now.
The wife and I are downsizing this year to hit the road Jan 2021. we will pull her 1991 Geo Tracker behind our Class A rv
in the pictures I attached to this you can see the first being how we started out wheeling with my 1988 F350 flat bed and 30 foot trailer.
The next pic is a poser pic and the wife and I. My 1988 Samurai and her 91 Tracker
then her tracker that we will hit the road with. I'll post more when it's done I have to build the roof rack and rear bumper before we go.
the next is how we did go wheeling but that's all gone now..

Now to begin a new adventure

Edward
Rochester, Washington
Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R

HumBolXT

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Humboldt CA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Craig
Hey All,
I'm a Newb to the overland game. My Subi FXT has mostly seen fire roads on the way to hiking, but also some sand at local beaches, and snow play in the Sierra Nevada foothills. But living on the North Coast of CA means adventure on all sides! I'm just learning to outfit, scour forums and Youtube and use the rig for more than just getting me to my next hike. Looking forward to sharing with all you all!