Bean

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Weatherford Tx
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke5et
Well I just got the news from the shop, that my ride will be ready this week. I talked with my boss and since I can't carry any vacation time over, I've got a week or so burn in January. I've been thinking of making some sort of adventure visiting forts here in Texas, and maybe combine with some amateur radio activation. Anyone else interested?
Well I took the lil Bean off road at Texohma in a sand and swamp area, and dropping into the first deep hole, pulled the muffler out of the catalytic converter. Apparently previous owner had cut out the original one, and replaced it, instead of replacing the entire muffler. I decided this vehicle is never going to be as off roady as I need it to be. I just purchased a 1996 Jeep Cherokee, and am in the process of making it reliable. It came with a new engine and a lot of work, however the steering is terrible, and when they replaced the engine, apparently they pulled off a lot of parts from the old one and didn't replace any of the gaskets or seals. I've already replaced the oil sending unit, and the gasket kit for the oil filter adapter, but will need to replace the valve cover and oil pan gaskets in the near future. In the process of converting drum brakes to disc, as the stopping isn't quiet what it needs to be. Once brakes are done, will focus on front end.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all,

I'm in Boise Idaho (do I even need to post the state for that one?)

I bought a 2003 Suburban Z71 a few months back. Been doing some basic maintenance while planning my build. It needed tunes in a bad way, so I put in new speakers all around and an ATOTO A6 Pro head unit. I think that will be really nice for media on the road and navigation. I love checking out everyone's builds and seeing the great solutions to different problems and the aesthetics that people apply. I'm pretty excited to explore the beautiful areas around me.

Edit: Oh yeah. I used to have a Suzuki Samurai in my late teens and 20's. I would drive that thing places I wouldn't walk. I've had a couple of decades since then but I would say I have some overlanding experience.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound. You are in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is our Regional Director. I (@Slimpartywagon ) am your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman and @Sandpoint Steve are also Member Reps.

There is a local meet and greet in Payette tonight. US Northwest - Reocurring 3rd Friday of the Month - Beer & Gears

Some events we having going on in the region this year:

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Leavenworth, Washington (registration hasn’t opened yet, keep checking in As registration is supposed to be open soon)

July 3-6 July 4th Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch. In Dayville, Oregon. For more information contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions

We are setting up more events, so keep an eye out for stuff happening in your area by checking out OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We are here for you.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dennis (@dendad) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet and greet in Ft. Worth tomorrow. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-meet-and-greet-january-2020/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chad (@chadsherlock), welcome from Oklahoma. Have an old friends from Cleburne.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Ft. Worth tomorrow!. DFW Meet and Greet - January 2020

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

djwoody

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Woody
Hi All,

My Name is Daniel, and I'm from Indianapolis, IN. I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk.

Having some trouble uploading a photo of my Jeep, due to the file size being too large. (Anyone know the file size limit for photos?)

I'd classify myself as a beginner overlander. I've done a few overlanding trips in the last 5 years (Colorado, Arizona, Michigan UP, etc.), but I've only traveled alone (1 vehicle) so I haven't pursued anything super technical. However, I'm very interested in meeting others with more experience and learning as much as I can from this community!

WheelsONeal

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wooster, OH
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
O'Neal
Member #

Hi guys my name is Tyler, im from Northeast Ohio and have had many different automotive experiences including drifting, autocrossing, snow drag racing, and rallycrossing as well as some light offroading in a lifted subaru that ive since gotten rid of. I also ride harleys, dirtbikes, am a rescue scuba diver, and fight fires for a living. My current "rig" is a bone stock 2015 Sierra base with a 4.3 v6 and 4wd... ive done a fair bit of truck tent camping in it and intend on doing a mild lift with all terrains here soon. Maybe ill do more maybe not but id love to get out, camp, and ride some trails next year!

Attachments

chadsherlock

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cleburne, Texas
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Sherlock
Member #

Hello Chad (@chadsherlock), welcome from Oklahoma. Have an old friends from Cleburne.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Ft. Worth tomorrow!. DFW Meet and Greet - January 2020

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Awesome wasn’t sure the regions. Bice to meet you and I’ll join you on Facebook as well. The Fort Worth meeting is how I found out about Overland Bound, a Google find. I cannot make the meeting tomorrow but will be trying to go to the next.
Small world with your friend from Cleburne. My wife and I just moved here so still new to Cleburne.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone I am johnny.

New to overlanding, but not to camping. Looking forward to getting to know people in my area and getting out in the world.

I have a 2019 toyota tacoma with a tepui RTT.View attachment 135628
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure you browse the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the OB website.

Also check Rally Points for local meetups, trainings and group trips. This is a great place to meet other Overlanders and network with like minded people.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings everyone,
I live in Pleasanton, CA
I have an 03 Lexus GX470
I know absolutely NOTHING about overlanding, and I am looking forward to learning from the experienced folks here. 2020 in going to be a great year filled with new adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure you browse the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the OB website.

Also check Rally Points for local meetups, trainings and group trips. This is a great place to meet other Overlanders and network with like minded people.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey All!
I just signed up as I really want to get into overlanding. A good friend of mine has a rig and opened my eyes to the idea. I am in the market for a rig and can’t wait to be apart of the community.
Experience: went with a buddy once & YouTube.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any questions or concerns fee free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, my name is Dustin.

I Recently picked up a 2019 Tacoma, I am new to the overland community, not so new to off-roading or camping. I picked up a free spirit recreation RTT, and look forward to exploring, off-roading, fishing, and meeting other members in this community.

PS: Im a photographer on the side, if you'd like shots of your rigs reach out Id love to join on a nice weekend getaway.

Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Offroad Package) 6ft bed
The truck is stock currently, however I plan to make some upgrades in the coming months and I'm not afraid of getting her dirty.

I have lots of camping gear anywhere from; glamping or roughing it. I look forward to seeing you guys on the trail.

Location: San Francisco Bay Area and frequently in Reno NV area to visit family

(I spend most of my time exploring the sierras or high deserts of CA and NV)

Photo of my rig at Pyramid Lake NV
View attachment 135332

Look forward to seeing you guys on the trail!
Welcome, There also several meetups in the San Francisco Bay Area, keep an eye on Rally Points and the Calendar for future dates. If you are in the Sacramento Valley Gold Country has a monthly meetup on the first Saturday of every month and Sierra Foothills Overlanders also has a monthly meetup in El Dorado Hills.

Look forward to seeing you out there.

P.S. I am also your U.S. West Member Representative, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me anytime.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys my name is Tyler, im from Northeast Ohio and have had many different automotive experiences including drifting, autocrossing, snow drag racing, and rallycrossing as well as some light offroading in a lifted subaru that ive since gotten rid of. I also ride harleys, dirtbikes, am a rescue scuba diver, and fight fires for a living. My current "rig" is a bone stock 2015 Sierra base with a 4.3 v6 and 4wd... ive done a fair bit of truck tent camping in it and intend on doing a mild lift with all terrains here soon. Maybe ill do more maybe not but id love to get out, camp, and ride some trails next year!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you are @MTOutdoorsman & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture Coming Soon...
2) Fort Worth, Texas
3) 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk
4) Experience, I would rate myself as Beginner with "Vehicle Dependent Travel" as I have not built a rig before but I do spend my vacations camping or in the outdoors.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

My Name is Daniel, and I'm from Indianapolis, IN. I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk.

Having some trouble uploading a photo of my Jeep, due to the file size being too large. (Anyone know the file size limit for photos?)

I'd classify myself as a beginner overlander. I've done a few overlanding trips in the last 5 years (Colorado, Arizona, Michigan UP, etc.), but I've only traveled alone (1 vehicle) so I haven't pursued anything super technical. However, I'm very interested in meeting others with more experience and learning as much as I can from this community!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hi everyone im new to this and would like to get into overlanding,looks like fun
im in north texas area. I have a1995 jeep Cherokee. novice

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody! My name is Marcos, originally from Argentina, but living in Fort Lauderdale for the past 20 years. I like photography and nature. Adventure is always in my mind although i haven't experience much of it lately trying to build "the american dream" which is a whole different type of adventure in my case! ( a good one!).
That being said i am planning with my family and dog, a trip from Florida to Alaska. I am on the very early stages, i have a 2014 4runner trail stock and in the process of mods for this trip. I would say that this type of roadtrips are always fun for me, and what got me really inspired was watching "lifestyle overland" on youtube! I am not trying to be the next youtuber or IG hit, all i want is build experiences and memories with my family, after all, we have only one life! See you guys around!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello community!

- Denver, CO
- 2015 Jeep JKU
- 'overlanding experience' = novice?
- CAR CAMPING experience = EXPERT! lmao! :)

peter

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Wichita, KS
3) 2018 Ford F-150
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

Lots of experience overloading in a volkswagen pop top van on the beaches of Mexico in my younger days. Older now and looking to take my kids on similar kinds of adventures in central US.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Iwata77