Launch Member

Contributor I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Moran
Member #

guess this is where I introduce myself, Names Brian, i put everything on my rig on with zero experience since i was 19 and nothing too horrible has resulted from that yet lol. Ive never participated in a forum till now so have mercy. Youtube is great for learning things but im sure theres plenty of people here that have a ton of information id love to know about. Looking foward to meeting everyone and finding new places to explore.

based out of NJ, insta is 75th_jk

Attachments

velojym

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alabama
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Caron
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4LBP
Hello!
I'm in central Alabama
2004 Z71 Suburban ("Bob"), pretty much stock except for the brush bar.
I spent a lot of time off road in NM growing up, and did some casual trail rides with a few folks around here in the late '90s.
They all 'grew up' and moved away, though.

Attachments

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi everyone! I saw this board mentioned on the Tundras forum and figured I'd check it out. I'm also sub'd to the Youtube channel and really enjoying it.

My name's Aaron and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra doublecab which I'm slowly plugging away at making more capable. So far, my favorite mod is the Truxedo tonneau and Thule TracRac SR combo which lets me keep our gear safe and dry while also letting me load the boat up. I can remove the rack for daily driving and still enjoy my roll down back window in summer, which a canopy wouldn't allow.

Our overlanding is exploring the remote northern backcountry of Alberta and British Columbia primarily for fly fishing and hiking. We're planning to add the Northwest Territory and the Yukon in the near future. For 2021, we're loosely planning a trip up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk.

My goals for 2020 are to increase my self-recovery knowledge. I don't do hard core crawling or off roading but mud pits, snow and bad spots are the norm in our travels. I need to put together a proper recovery kit and invest in some quality gear there. We're also fine tuning our camping set up, which is always a work in progress.

Anywho, enough jibber jabber. On to the pics!

View attachment 130169

View attachment 130170
Welcome to the neighborhood and OB.
Nice rig. Hope to see you on the trail.
Feel free to join the confer call on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Check out the rally point for details.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outbound and Kent R

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hi,

Medicine Hat, ALberta here. I have a couple of rigs. A 2012 Jeep JK that I’ve done numerous mods to, and a 2019 Colorado ZR2. I have an off road trailer with RTT. I’ve been off-roading a longtime, and overlanding since 2011.View attachment 130552View attachment 130553View attachment 130554
Welcome! Check out the calendar for events. The jk is nice, but I’ll admit I have drea about the ZR2. Hope to see you on the trail. Feel free to join the confer call on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Check out the rally point for details.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy peoples! Novice overlander unless you count going in a RZR, but glad to be a part of the community. Many questions to follow!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Directors @Cendee in the Rocky Mountains and @Mike W in the Midwest for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member from Northern Virginia. I've had a 2012 taco, 2000 2dr xj, 2016 jku rubicon hard rock.
My current vehicle is a 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Syncro Westfalia. It has a 1.9tdi conversion, f/r lockers and some other goodies.

View attachment 130984

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Very cool vehicle!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
I'm in central Alabama
2004 Z71 Suburban ("Bob"), pretty much stock except for the brush bar.
I spent a lot of time off road in NM growing up, and did some casual trail rides with a few folks around here in the late '90s.
They all 'grew up' and moved away, though.
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
guess this is where I introduce myself, Names Brian, i put everything on my rig on with zero experience since i was 19 and nothing too horrible has resulted from that yet lol. Ive never participated in a forum till now so have mercy. Youtube is great for learning things but im sure theres plenty of people here that have a ton of information id love to know about. Looking foward to meeting everyone and finding new places to explore.

based out of NJ, insta is 75th_jk

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Lonnie, we are from Southern California. I have a 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner. My family enjoys the outdoors and exploration. I’m excited to become a member of such an awesome community!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks, I’m new to the “Overlanding” scene I guess, but certainly not being out in the wilderness.I have spent the last 15 years or so pretty dedicated to the pursuit of ultralight backpacking and sleeping in a hammock. This summer I spent two weeks with my son and my father driving around the ring road in Iceland. We rented a 2018, VW California, camper van and couldn’t stop commenting on how comfortably we were sleeping and how nice it was to have a mini fridge with food in it. When we got back, I remembered seeing roof top tents during a trip to Yosemite earlier in the year. I started doing some research and settled on a Tepui Rugedized which I promptly installed on my 2017, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk. After a couple trips I realized it would be so much easier to install the tent on a trailer (had no idea that was a thing). After lurking through this forum, I discovered there were A LOT of options out there. I’m now having a small off road camping trailer built by Tiny Camper Co. out of Claremont, Florida. Below is a photo of my current set up but should have some pictures of the new rig in the next 2-3 weeks.
Will be asking a lot of questions and doing a lot of reading while I get ready for a coast to coast trip this summer.

View attachment 130959
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello, new to the board
but not to the bush...:grinning:
we camp, hike and quad around bc
our rig is a slightly modified '85 chev K30 crew with a 8' travelmate camper
View attachment 130929
my wife rides a mostly stock suzuki, i ride a modified wolverine, and we just last yr upgraded my son from a outlaw 90 to a arctic cat 700
View attachment 130932
after beating on the crew for the last 20 yrs, put some bodywork and new paint into it this yr
View attachment 130931
in my spare time i like building model trucks
View attachment 130933
this looks like a great place with like minded people!

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
I am located in north county San Diego. My truck is a 2014 F-150 platinum (supercrew, 4x4). Only light mods done to it so far, but big plans in the works. Excited to get out on more long term overlanding trips, meet local members, and start exploring all the trails close to me.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all from the heart of the USA in Kansas City. I’m most likely a bit of an anomaly here as my current “rig” is a 2015 Kia Forte5 yep a small little 2wd hatchback. Would I love a good off-road rig yes but I just cant justify one at the moment however, I'm not a complete outsider as from 1990 to 2010 I rocked a Jeep Cherokee and finally retired it after racking up 750,000 miles on her with countless miles off-road in Colorado and Utah she was beat down and I was sick of stitching her back together as fatigue was getting pretty bad and she just was not safe anymore without more work than I had time energy and money for. I still tun my head every time i see or here that straight 6 and have a hard time not stooping when i see one for sale. My current “Overlanding” primarily consists of weekend trips leaving from KC to camp and Mountain bike or Gravel bike with friends or to camping hiking and canoeing with my 2 girls (14yr and 11yr) my wife has retired from camping and refuses to sleep in a tent anymore. I hope to learn some tricks from you all as what you call “overlanding" seems to have plenty of overlap with my style of car camping and where many of you may be spending your day driving off-road I spend my day riding bikes or canoeing and my camps tend to be the most isolated spots I can find in designated camping areas vs true back country. View attachment 130928

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director in the Midwest is @Mike W and for the adjoining Rocky Mountain region @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 & @Prerunner1982

Parker525

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Paris, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Parker
Hey Y'all I'm David from Paris Texas I'm a novice and looking to do more over landing and off road. I have a 2017 Jeep Compass Trail hawk. backpacking and camping has been a big part of my life so over landing is the next step.
I anyone in my area has info on some Trails in Beavers bend area i would like to try them out.

Attachments