Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Braden (@BroncoFreestyle ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a East Valley, Phoenix meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
Some people call me Bronco, Others call me Braden,
I am out of Phoenix, AZ but have spend a good chunk of my time in Flagstaff/ Williams, AZ.
Rig: 2005 Ford F250 6.0L
I am new to overlanding; but have been wheeling for the last 10-15 years in the southwest.

View attachment 130698
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

There is a monthly meet-up in the Phoenix area that you might be interested in.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

I'm Emilio from the bay area California. I'm just getting into overlanding but have had this 1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 for about five years now. I've taken this stock rig on many great adventures through the Oregon back country while I lived in Eugene. I finally have the means to build this truck out and am looking forward to some amazing adventures to come. Please enjoy these pictures of the rig after its first major suspension overhaul (King coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, OME rear leaf setup, and fox rear shocks). Just the start ;)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I am planing on having a regional meet-up in Santa Rosa this spring, you will receive an invite from the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! Just joined, from Iowa. New to overlanding, planning to start small. Just bought a new-to-me 2005 Ford Explorer, v8, with only 93k miles! Build will focus on practical items at first as it is also my daily driver, and then eventually lift, roof rack, ect. Bought the explorer today, after making sure I had insurance the first purchase was a set of WeatherTech custom floor mats!

View attachment 130678

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Name's Dave. Discovered Overlanding by accident and I'm totally addicted. I'm not a Rock Crawler kind of guy I'm more interested in exploring off the beaten path and seeing the things that you wouldn't normally see from the paved roads.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon everyone!!!! I’m Ed from southeast Massachusetts!

my current rig is a 1996 Toyota Runner with 216k on that I absolutely love lol.... not rot busy she has some rust here and there and slowly making a solid safe able vehicle for off-roading overlanding. Not much overlanding experience to say but I do love camping, take motorcycle camping and kayak camping trips when I can. Also have been in the Army reserves for 20years so the outdoors is nothing new really, but this aspect sort of it. I will enjoy going through allllll the information on the site and hopefully meet up with people soon enough!!

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Nature Coast Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Citrus Springs, FL, USA
First Name
Kim
Last Name
A
Member #

Hi everyone!

Kim here, from Central Florida. New to the site but not the off road world.

I grew up camping and backpacking all around Florida and the south eastern US with a few trips west of the Mississippi. I'm looking forward to sharing some of those experiences with my wife and two sons and adding new ones as we find our way into new adventures.

My vehicular background is varied, but I always gravitate back to trucks and off road vehicles. In the past I've owned several Toyota's (98 Tacoma, 05 Tundra, 85 Pickup, 86 4Runner), two Isuzu Troopers (98, 02), two VW Vanagons (82, 86) and my current favorite Colorado ZR2.

I'm looking forward to building out the ZR2 for family and personal adventures and sharing both the build process and trip details for others. I've learned so much over the years from the various forums around the web and am intent on making a greater effort to document and share my experiences going forward. I also look forward to learning as much as I can from this site and hope to make some meetups in the future!

Here's our 17 Duramax Colorado ZR2 we picked up a month ago. Completely stock for the moment as we plan for upgrades.

Kim

12.jpg

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Greetings from the Bay Area in CA! Just joined and looking to do lots of exploring of the surrounding NF/BLM lands with experienced people.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new here from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. No rig yet, but looking at either a power wagon or tundra. Can't wait to get out exploring.....once it is summer again, haha.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the Bay Area in CA! Just joined and looking to do lots of exploring of the surrounding NF/BLM lands with experienced people.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all from the Hoosier State! New to the forum but been camping and off-roading the better part of my life. Currently my wife and I own a 2014 Jeep wrangler Rubicon, our 4th jeep we have owned together.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

Kim here, from Central Florida. New to the site but not the off road world.

I grew up camping and backpacking all around Florida and the south eastern US with a few trips west of the Mississippi. I'm looking forward to sharing some of those experiences with my wife and two sons and adding new ones as we find our way into new adventures.

My vehicular background is varied, but I always gravitate back to trucks and off road vehicles. In the past I've owned several Toyota's (98 Tacoma, 05 Tundra, 85 Pickup, 86 4Runner), two Isuzu Troopers (98, 02), two VW Vanagons (82, 86) and my current favorite Colorado ZR2.

I'm looking forward to building out the ZR2 for family and personal adventures and sharing both the build process and trip details for others. I've learned so much over the years from the various forums around the web and am intent on making a greater effort to document and share my experiences going forward. I also look forward to learning as much as I can from this site and hope to make some meetups in the future!

Here's our 17 Duramax Colorado ZR2 we picked up a month ago. Completely stock for the moment as we plan for upgrades.

Kim

View attachment 130749
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from the great state of Texas. I am new to overlanding but not to camping. I am in the process of purchasing a Chevy ZR2 Bison edition and will use as my platform to build my overlanding rig. Looking forward to learning as much as possible about gear and locations.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 he can help you get in touch with the local DFW meet-up group.

Reactions: Iwata77 and kmg0228

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@kmg0228), welcome from Oklahoma. The Ouachita (Wash-a-taw) National Forest in Oklahoma and Arkansas and the Ozark NF in Arkansas are both popular destinations for overlanders in this area.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a Dallas area meet and greet. Hopefully after the holidays settle down the meet ups will pick up again.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

TrailMasonCliff

Rank II

Enthusiast II

KS
First Name
Cliff
Last Name
Jones
Hello all from the heart of the USA in Kansas City. I’m most likely a bit of an anomaly here as my current “rig” is a 2015 Kia Forte5 yep a small little 2wd hatchback. Would I love a good off-road rig yes but I just cant justify one at the moment however, I'm not a complete outsider as from 1990 to 2010 I rocked a Jeep Cherokee and finally retired it after racking up 750,000 miles on her with countless miles off-road in Colorado and Utah she was beat down and I was sick of stitching her back together as fatigue was getting pretty bad and she just was not safe anymore without more work than I had time energy and money for. I still tun my head every time i see or here that straight 6 and have a hard time not stooping when i see one for sale. My current “Overlanding” primarily consists of weekend trips leaving from KC to camp and Mountain bike or Gravel bike with friends or to camping hiking and canoeing with my 2 girls (14yr and 11yr) my wife has retired from camping and refuses to sleep in a tent anymore. I hope to learn some tricks from you all as what you call “overlanding" seems to have plenty of overlap with my style of car camping and where many of you may be spending your day driving off-road I spend my day riding bikes or canoeing and my camps tend to be the most isolated spots I can find in designated camping areas vs true back country. 20191103_105003_HDR.jpg

Nomadic_Riot

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida
First Name
David
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Hello folks, I’m new to the “Overlanding” scene I guess, but certainly not being out in the wilderness.I have spent the last 15 years or so pretty dedicated to the pursuit of ultralight backpacking and sleeping in a hammock. This summer I spent two weeks with my son and my father driving around the ring road in Iceland. We rented a 2018, VW California, camper van and couldn’t stop commenting on how comfortably we were sleeping and how nice it was to have a mini fridge with food in it. When we got back, I remembered seeing roof top tents during a trip to Yosemite earlier in the year. I started doing some research and settled on a Tepui Rugedized which I promptly installed on my 2017, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk. After a couple trips I realized it would be so much easier to install the tent on a trailer (had no idea that was a thing). After lurking through this forum, I discovered there were A LOT of options out there. I’m now having a small off road camping trailer built by Tiny Camper Co. out of Claremont, Florida. Below is a photo of my current set up but should have some pictures of the new rig in the next 2-3 weeks.
Will be asking a lot of questions and doing a lot of reading while I get ready for a coast to coast trip this summer.

DA4B59AF-9252-4A3C-BACF-058D6C31905A.jpeg