Enthusiast I

Lyon, France
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Taponecco
Member #

Hello!

So here I am very proud to be officially patched and so glad to join the great OB community!!
I'm Patrick, from France, and I live in the Alps (Lyon area).
My rig is a 2006 Land Rover Discovery3 (LR3) TDV6 which I use on a daily basis and also with great passion during all my overland trips across France and Europe.
I consider myself a medium well experienced overlander after a lot of trips, but each day remains a school day so I always learn how to improve experience and getting ever more fun and satisfaction.
She is mostly stock but has just had some equipment making her even more capable and/or protected while overlanding : a decent remap, a dual battery system, A/T tires, under-body and lights protections.
She pretty roomy, so the actual configuration is based upon a ARB fridge, all the useful needed stuff being stocked in stackable boxes and an OZ-tent.
As we're keen to more far and long trips with needs for jerricans and water supply, a roof rack and a roof tent will be added in the future...hopefully!

Kindest regards and wishing you all a great day and huge overlanding times !!
Patrick

IMG_4741.JPGIMG_5228.jpg007.JPG

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

So here I am very proud to be officially patched and so glad to join the great OB community!!
I'm Patrick, from France, and I live in the Alps (Lyon area).
My rig is a 2006 Land Rover Discovery3 (LR3) TDV6 which I use on a daily basis and also with great passion during all my overland trips across France and Europe.
I consider myself a medium well experienced overlander after a lot of trips, but each day remains a school day so I always learn how to improve experience and getting ever more fun and satisfaction.
She is mostly stock but has just had some equipment making her even more capable and/or protected while overlanding : a decent remap, a dual battery system, A/T tires, under-body and lights protections.
She pretty roomy, so the actual configuration is based upon a ARB fridge, all the useful needed stuff being stocked in stackable boxes and an OZ-tent.
As we're keen to more far and long trips with needs for jerricans and water supply, a roof rack and a roof tent will be added in the future...hopefully!

Kindest regards and wishing you all a great day and huge overlanding times !!
Patrick

View attachment 130581View attachment 130583View attachment 130587
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: Discovery3.Spartan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Medicine Hat, ALberta here. I have a couple of rigs. A 2012 Jeep JK that I’ve done numerous mods to, and a 2019 Colorado ZR2. I have an off road trailer with RTT. I’ve been off-roading a longtime, and overlanding since 2011.View attachment 130552View attachment 130553View attachment 130554

Don't hesitate to contact your Interim Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is John and I live in the Houston-Galveston area in Texas. I have just pulled the trigger on membership even though I have been a forum member for a couple of years. I retired at the end of January 2019 and one of my retirement goals is to get out and explore this great country. Having grown up in Arkansas I have done some camping and travelled a lot of dirt roads but I consider myself new to overlanding. I have learned a lot already from Michael and other Overland Bound members and look forward to learning more. My vehicle is a 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. I have added a shell to keep gear out of the weather, a winch, skids, refrigerator, and dual battery. Looking firward to getting out so suggestions are welcome.View attachment 130551
Now that you have full access to the forum your local Member Representative is @Prerunner1982, he can help you navigate the features you now have.

Reactions: SilverShadow

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Nathaniel, and I drive a Vehicross. Now onto the pre-formatted and recommended brief introductory info.
2) Location (General area is fine)- Minneapolis, MN.
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)- 1999 Isuzu Vehicross. 3" Lift with 33" tires. Everything else is basically stock except for heavy duty steering links; learned the hard way and broke a stock link on my first rock crawling adventure several years ago.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)- Novice. Technically no overlanding experience as I would describe it. A few off roading and rock crawling weekends, lots of car camping in various vehicles throughout the years (including the VX), experienced backpacker and primitive camper (leave no trace, wilderness survival), and I know lots of knots (Eagle scout).View attachment 130549

Thats it for now. Looking forward to being more active in the community and on the forums! Now just have to make it through the MN winter...

PS definitely ask me about the Vehicross. I always wanted one, and picked mine up about 8 years ago. The love has only gotten stronger.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I’m a bit new to overlanding , I’ve done a little off-roading before and enjoy camping as much as possible! I finally got another 4wd vehicle and figured over landing can combine a few things I like into one great activity!

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Tim new to overlanding but not new to adventures or being outdoors. Looking forward to learning this site better and more about overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Nissan Frontier 4x4 , recent upgrades rough country LED fog lights, 265 75R16 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires, weather tech floor mats and window visors, coverking seat covers front and rear, soft tri fold bed cover. Next on the list ARB front bumper, winch, KB Voo Doo bed rack & rooftop tent. I'm from East Texas too

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@SilverShadow ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. Hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar capable repeater don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

SilverShadow

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Galveston, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
States
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5BQG
Hello John (@SilverShadow ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. Hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar capable repeater don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Prerunner1982, thanks. I will check out the regional info more carefully. I have listened in on, but not yet participated in, the Friday Night OB Net. For now I am using the Echolink app which works really well. Looking forward to becoming a little more active In both Ham and overlanding in general.

Neonsnow78

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Snow
Member #

Good afternoon everyone!!!! I’m Ed from southeast Massachusetts!

my current rig is a 1996 Toyota Runner with 216k on that I absolutely love lol.... not rot busy she has some rust here and there and slowly making a solid safe able vehicle for off-roading overlanding. Not much overlanding experience to say but I do love camping, take motorcycle camping and kayak camping trips when I can. Also have been in the Army reserves for 20years so the outdoors is nothing new really, but this aspect sort of it. I will enjoy going through allllll the information on the site and hopefully meet up with people soon enough!!

Attachments

benweins

Rank I

Contributor III

Iowa
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Weins
Hi everyone! Just joined, from Iowa. New to overlanding, planning to start small. Just bought a new-to-me 2005 Ford Explorer, v8, with only 93k miles! Build will focus on practical items at first as it is also my daily driver, and then eventually lift, roof rack, ect. Bought the explorer today, after making sure I had insurance the first purchase was a set of WeatherTech custom floor mats!

Explorer.jpg

Lilonie

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Emilio
Last Name
Petroccitto
Hello All!

I'm Emilio from the bay area California. I'm just getting into overlanding but have had this 1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 for about five years now. I've taken this stock rig on many great adventures through the Oregon back country while I lived in Eugene. I finally have the means to build this truck out and am looking forward to some amazing adventures to come. Please enjoy these pictures of the rig after its first major suspension overhaul (King coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, OME rear leaf setup, and fox rear shocks). Just the start ;)

Attachments

BroncoFreestyle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Braden
Last Name
Flannery
Member #

Hello All,
Some people call me Bronco, Others call me Braden,
I am out of Phoenix, AZ but have spend a good chunk of my time in Flagstaff/ Williams, AZ.
Rig: 2005 Ford F250 6.0L
I am new to overlanding; but have been wheeling for the last 10-15 years in the southwest.

BD1C0B0E-215E-4C5B-B860-E4AA63467931_1_105_c.jpeg

618s10

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Illionis
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hellrung
Member #

Hey everyone-

Just joined from Illinois. Looking to explore with my wife and kids. Most of my camping/wheeling has been Michigan and New England.

I’m building up my 2013 JK and looking to get out in the wild.
Hey there also from Illinois what part are you from??

Reactions: Kent R and Josh56

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dave (@FX4Overlander ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Round Rock on Jan 4th if you are able to make it. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Braden (@BroncoFreestyle ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a East Valley, Phoenix meet up.

Reactions: Kent R