Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Bloos
Member #

Hi all OB members. I am new to the overland community/lifestyle. I am planning a trip next summer (2020) to travel across the country where my end destination will be Breckenridge, CO to work as a lift operator for a season.

Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 4x4 TRD Sport w/ manual transmission
Experience: Novice
IMG_3445.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Steven (@Offroadnutz), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in Texas you are but we have a couple of meet ups that happen around Dallas, Austin, and Houston.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all OB members. I am new to the overland community/lifestyle. I am planning a trip next summer (2020) to travel across the country where my end destination will be Breckenridge, CO to work as a lift operator for a season.

Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 4x4 TRD Sport w/ manual transmission
Experience: Novice
View attachment 130441
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

When you are in Colorado the Regional Director is @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello people! How are you?

Picture from last completed job.

View attachment 130440We are sending greetings from New Zealand. I am from the Czech Republic and my partner is from Australia.

Our companion is Toyota LandCruiser Prado KZJ78, “Matilda.”

We don’t have a huge amount of experience but planning a steep learning curve on a South American road trip.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Rig: currently leasing a Jeep Renegade TH... waiting to get into something I can mod that is not leased.
Experience: overlanding, not much of any except your typical two-track driving through forest and wilderness roads to remote canoe tripping, camping, or hiking locations. Usually I would drive as quickly as I could to my end destination, but now that I have discovered overlanding I have realized the journey is just as important if not more important than the destination. I'm an avid solo wilderness canoe tripper and bushcrafter. I enjoy hikes, hunting, fishing, and more.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: TD Bauer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all.....
Im Steven and have been a 4x4 nut most of my life and am now moving into overlanding .
My current project rig is a 1988 4runner

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. My name is Ian ( @Taino_Overland ) and I’m from a town called Carolina in Puerto Rico I got a 2008 FJ Cruiser with the off-road package. Me and my wife enjoy hiking, camping, kayaking, mountain biking and just being in nature. Looking forward to learning from you guys. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @AdventureWithDanan for help or information.

Reactions: Taino_Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning! Name is Travis, Living in Albuquerque NM.
Rig: 2018 Ford Raptor. only a few mods (Decked Drawers, Aux lighting, wheels, tires and leveling collars) looking to build a capable rig over the next year or so to get away from the city and explore the southwest west. This will be my DD so nothing too crazy but definitely want to build a very capable rig.
I grew up camping and just recently sold my diesel and 39' trailer, looking to simplify my activities and learn more about the overloading lifestyle. I would put my skill level in overloading at Novice but look to quickly change that!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I'm so proud to be a part of this community! I've been following for awhile but just recently became a member.
My name is Stephanie but my friends/family call me Sam...
I've got a 2003 Toyota Tacoma that belonged to my late sister Lizzie, who was a total badass! My experience is novice to moderate at best. I love to go muddin' and four-wheeling in the Sierra Nevada's. Home base for now is Reno, NV. I plan on taking off in the spring to explore national parks and trails. I'd love some insider info on best places to enjoy dispersed camping throughout the western USA. I will be outfitting the TRD (as it's lovingly and phonetically referred to) with an RTT, auxiliary fuel tank and some other mods to make myself a home on wheels. I'm really really excited about this and welcome any information that you'll share as I start building out. Thanks!

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meets-and-runs.17576/

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Name is Josh here. Long time overdue joining the member list and forums. Ive been watching overland bound and following content from them since around members 1000. Yeah what took so long right. May of been more excuses then anything. But lets do this. I drive a 98 dodge Durango currently slowly being built up. Along with that project is a Gmt400 crew cab build for the longer trips. I have grown up around off-road and camping. I am a master mechanic by trade so vehicles and repairs is my life. Am a father of 5. Yeah I know crazy house hold right? Time to teach those kids what life is truly about. Our great outdoors, a place to ground themselves, nature, and the true beauty of this world.
All in all no more excuses for me. Time to outfit and explore!!!!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: Josh56

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Hello Vicki (@TravelerGAL ), welcome from Oklahoma. You aren't too far from a good handful of National Forests, great for quick weekend trips. Wish I had areas that close.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Hello thanks for all the tips and links. I cant wait to explore a bit more of NM. I've been mostly to the Santa Fe/Jemez area with NM4W group. We, my daughter and I just went up to the Jemez to cut a tree on Sunday. First time off road with the Ford, it did well, used the lockers. My weekends are ususally 3 days.... YAY!! Cant wait to meet up with you all.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi everyone! I saw this board mentioned on the Tundras forum and figured I'd check it out. I'm also sub'd to the Youtube channel and really enjoying it.

My name's Aaron and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra doublecab which I'm slowly plugging away at making more capable. So far, my favorite mod is the Truxedo tonneau and Thule TracRac SR combo which lets me keep our gear safe and dry while also letting me load the boat up. I can remove the rack for daily driving and still enjoy my roll down back window in summer, which a canopy wouldn't allow.

Our overlanding is exploring the remote northern backcountry of Alberta and British Columbia primarily for fly fishing and hiking. We're planning to add the Northwest Territory and the Yukon in the near future. For 2021, we're loosely planning a trip up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk.

My goals for 2020 are to increase my self-recovery knowledge. I don't do hard core crawling or off roading but mud pits, snow and bad spots are the norm in our travels. I need to put together a proper recovery kit and invest in some quality gear there. We're also fine tuning our camping set up, which is always a work in progress.

Anywho, enough jibber jabber. On to the pics!

View attachment 130169

View attachment 130170
Welcome from Washington State!

XploringTheOutdoors

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

202 Sunset Drive, Livingston, Texas 77351, United States
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Havner
Member #

Hi I'm Tim new to overlanding but not new to adventures or being outdoors. Looking forward to learning this site better and more about overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Nissan Frontier 4x4 , recent upgrades rough country LED fog lights, 265 75R16 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires, weather tech floor mats and window visors, coverking seat covers front and rear, soft tri fold bed cover. Next on the list ARB front bumper, winch, KB Voo Doo bed rack & rooftop tent. I'm from East Texas too

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tim (@TimOutdoors), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Hi I'm Tim new to overlanding but not new to adventures or being outdoors. Looking forward to learning this site better and more about overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Nissan Frontier 4x4 , recent upgrades rough country LED fog lights, 265 75R16 Atturo Trail Blade M/T tires, weather tech floor mats and window visors, coverking seat covers front and rear, soft tri fold bed cover. Next on the list ARB front bumper, winch, KB Voo Doo bed rack & rooftop tent. I'm from East Texas too
Tim,
Check out Rogue overloading on youtube. The are all nissan guys and may give you some ideas if needed.
Josh

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello! I'm so proud to be a part of this community! I've been following for awhile but just recently became a member.
My name is Stephanie but my friends/family call me Sam...
I've got a 2003 Toyota Tacoma that belonged to my late sister Lizzie, who was a total badass! My experience is novice to moderate at best. I love to go muddin' and four-wheeling in the Sierra Nevada's. Home base for now is Reno, NV. I plan on taking off in the spring to explore national parks and trails. I'd love some insider info on best places to enjoy dispersed camping throughout the western USA. I will be outfitting the TRD (as it's lovingly and phonetically referred to) with an RTT, auxiliary fuel tank and some other mods to make myself a home on wheels. I'm really really excited about this and welcome any information that you'll share as I start building out. Thanks!
Welcome to the wonderful world of OB and Overlanding. We have a meet up in Reno the second wednesday of every month at Famous Dave's BBQ. Here is the link to the Meetings and Trail Runs thread US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Reactions: Kent R

Barry Crawford

Rank II

Contributor III

Redlands, CA, USA
First Name
BARRY
Last Name
CRAWFORD
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Personal awareness, preparedness, anticompetitive, knowledge sharing, humility and respect for nature sounds like the world I live in and wish to explore further.

Reactions: Kent R

VX_Erebos

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
Fox
Member #

My name is Nathaniel, and I drive a Vehicross. Now onto the pre-formatted and recommended brief introductory info.
2) Location (General area is fine)- Minneapolis, MN.
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)- 1999 Isuzu Vehicross. 3" Lift with 33" tires. Everything else is basically stock except for heavy duty steering links; learned the hard way and broke a stock link on my first rock crawling adventure several years ago.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)- Novice. Technically no overlanding experience as I would describe it. A few off roading and rock crawling weekends, lots of car camping in various vehicles throughout the years (including the VX), experienced backpacker and primitive camper (leave no trace, wilderness survival), and I know lots of knots (Eagle scout).VX Dirty.jpg

Thats it for now. Looking forward to being more active in the community and on the forums! Now just have to make it through the MN winter...

PS definitely ask me about the Vehicross. I always wanted one, and picked mine up about 8 years ago. The love has only gotten stronger.