Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I saw this board mentioned on the Tundras forum and figured I'd check it out. I'm also sub'd to the Youtube channel and really enjoying it.

My name's Aaron and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra doublecab which I'm slowly plugging away at making more capable. So far, my favorite mod is the Truxedo tonneau and Thule TracRac SR combo which lets me keep our gear safe and dry while also letting me load the boat up. I can remove the rack for daily driving and still enjoy my roll down back window in summer, which a canopy wouldn't allow.

Our overlanding is exploring the remote northern backcountry of Alberta and British Columbia primarily for fly fishing and hiking. We're planning to add the Northwest Territory and the Yukon in the near future. For 2021, we're loosely planning a trip up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk.

My goals for 2020 are to increase my self-recovery knowledge. I don't do hard core crawling or off roading but mud pits, snow and bad spots are the norm in our travels. I need to put together a proper recovery kit and invest in some quality gear there. We're also fine tuning our camping set up, which is always a work in progress.

Anywho, enough jibber jabber. On to the pics!

View attachment 130169

View attachment 130170
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Sandpoint Steve & @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning, yall.

My name is Jacob Arici. I'm located in Virginia Beach Virginia. I picked up a 96 land cruiser earlier this year. Before I got the rig I was more into import cars I have 93 mr2 aswell but had friends who camp/overland and wanted to join the fun. The only experience I have off roading is just from driving hmwwv's and 7tons for the Marine Corps. I've gone on two trips in northern Virginia and found the group and wanted join a community I could learn and grow with. Looking forward to meeting up with some of yall.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Gadday! Mark here. An expatriate Australian living the past 15yrs in SoCal. My user name on most forums and social media is Expatoz or Expataussie. My vehicle is a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8 with Ford F-250 Dana 60 axles front and rear, double locked, running 40” tires. Onboard air/CO2, water and fuel, roof top tent, Atlas crawler case, 5:39 gearing, and a bunch of other stuff.

In my mind overlanding requires you get off the bitumen otherwise it’s a road trip.

I build my truck as a capable vehicle in all terrains but it’s a compromise. It is not a desert racer. It crawls like spider, climbs like a koala, and generally bounces across trails like a kangaroo ( Hence the truck name “Boomer” -Ozzie name for a big white kangaroo).

I love adventures, camping, mates and their significant others.

I suck at route navigation - which I need to sort out before Baja XL 2021. Anyone here going?

Started off-roading/overlanding in 1982 with a Toyota 4Runner and since then had a succession of 4Runners. Currently own three.

Peace....see ya on the trails!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Vicki (@TravelerGAL ), welcome from Oklahoma. You aren't too far from a good handful of National Forests, great for quick weekend trips. Wish I had areas that close.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Hello all, Name is Josh here. Long time overdue joining the member list and forums. Ive been watching overland bound and following content from them since around members 1000. Yeah what took so long right. May of been more excuses then anything. But lets do this. I drive a 98 dodge Durango currently slowly being built up. Along with that project is a Gmt400 crew cab build for the longer trips. I have grown up around off-road and camping. I am a master mechanic by trade so vehicles and repairs is my life. Am a father of 5. Yeah I know crazy house hold right? Time to teach those kids what life is truly about. Our great outdoors, a place to ground themselves, nature, and the true beauty of this world.
All in all no more excuses for me. Time to outfit and explore!!!!!

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Robert (@Bswiss ), welcome from Oklahoma. Great pictures. SW Colorado is one of my favorite places.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There was a Houston meet up this last weekend, but keep an eye out for more.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@MAV), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. We have a weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 17:30 hours PT/2030 hours ET
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Don't worry if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar capable repeater, many of us use the Echolink app.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a reoccurring meet up in Round Rock, the next one is Jan 4th. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mark (@Expatozzie ), welcome from Oklahoma. Great looking 4runner.
I see you are a ham as well. We have a weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 17:30 hours PT/2030 hours ET
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Don't worry if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar capable repeater, many of us use the Echolink app.

Reactions: Kent R

Jacob Arici

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia beach
First Name
jacob
Last Name
Arici
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Appreciate the information sir

Reactions: Kent R

TeamHooty

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Stephanie
Last Name
Sears
Member #

Hello! I'm so proud to be a part of this community! I've been following for awhile but just recently became a member.
My name is Stephanie but my friends/family call me Sam...
I've got a 2003 Toyota Tacoma that belonged to my late sister Lizzie, who was a total badass! My experience is novice to moderate at best. I love to go muddin' and four-wheeling in the Sierra Nevada's. Home base for now is Reno, NV. I plan on taking off in the spring to explore national parks and trails. I'd love some insider info on best places to enjoy dispersed camping throughout the western USA. I will be outfitting the TRD (as it's lovingly and phonetically referred to) with an RTT, auxiliary fuel tank and some other mods to make myself a home on wheels. I'm really really excited about this and welcome any information that you'll share as I start building out. Thanks!

Attachments

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Good Morning! Name is Travis, Living in Albuquerque NM.
Rig: 2018 Ford Raptor. only a few mods (Decked Drawers, Aux lighting, wheels, tires and leveling collars) looking to build a capable rig over the next year or so to get away from the city and explore the southwest west. This will be my DD so nothing too crazy but definitely want to build a very capable rig.
I grew up camping and just recently sold my diesel and 39' trailer, looking to simplify my activities and learn more about the overloading lifestyle. I would put my skill level in overloading at Novice but look to quickly change that!

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Travis (@TMB725), welcome from Oklahoma. As I just mentioned to another new member from the ALBQ area, you are close to a number of National Forest making weekend trips fairly easy. Wish I had areas that close.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Kent R and TMB725

Taino_Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Carolina, Puerto Rico
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Hi everyone. My name is Ian ( @Taino_Overland ) and I’m from a town called Carolina in Puerto Rico I got a 2008 FJ Cruiser with the off-road package. Me and my wife enjoy hiking, camping, kayaking, mountain biking and just being in nature. Looking forward to learning from you guys. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments

Pwagonmike

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tatum, NM, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Presher
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey I’m new to this on sit and trying to figure it all out. I’m in SE New Mexico and wheel in Sacramento Mountains a bunch. Holler if you’re out there.

T

TD Bauer

Hello All,

Rig: currently leasing a Jeep Renegade TH... waiting to get into something I can mod that is not leased.
Experience: overlanding, not much of any except your typical two-track driving through forest and wilderness roads to remote canoe tripping, camping, or hiking locations. Usually I would drive as quickly as I could to my end destination, but now that I have discovered overlanding I have realized the journey is just as important if not more important than the destination. I'm an avid solo wilderness canoe tripper and bushcrafter. I enjoy hikes, hunting, fishing, and more.

Jakub

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Australia VIC
First Name
Jakub
Last Name
Matyska
Member #

Hello people! How are you?

Picture from last completed job.

27F1B788-6A43-4F8C-B253-26F1AFAEB1AC.jpegWe are sending greetings from New Zealand. I am from the Czech Republic and my partner is from Australia.

Our companion is Toyota LandCruiser Prado KZJ78, “Matilda.”

We don’t have a huge amount of experience but planning a steep learning curve on a South American road trip.