Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All, I have a 89 Land Cruiser and 2011 LX570
just sold a FJ. I have a chinese hard shell RTT. I travel from New Orleans to Lopez Island Wa. Trying to find my way offroad to camp when I can.
thanks for the add. D
Welcome from Whidbey Island, WA! Just south of Lopez! Next time you're up here, let me know!

Reactions: Kent R

oaklandsc

Rank I

Contributor III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Schwarcz
Hello,
I'm from Oakland, CA, and I have a 1985 Toyota 4Runner with a 2LT Diesel engine. It's the only left hand drive/non JDM import CA legal diesel 1st gen 4runner I've ever come across. I use it to explore, road trip, mountain bike, and sleep in the back. This photo is from Poker Flat.

Attachments

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello,
I'm from Oakland, CA, and I have a 1985 Toyota 4Runner with a 2LT Diesel engine. It's the only left hand drive/non JDM import CA legal diesel 4runner I've ever come across. I use it to explore, road trip, mountain bike, and sleep in the back. This photo is from Poker Flat.
welcome from Northeast Oregon

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello,
I'm from Oakland, CA, and I have a 1985 Toyota 4Runner with a 2LT Diesel engine. It's the only left hand drive/non JDM import CA legal diesel 4runner I've ever come across. I use it to explore, road trip, mountain bike, and sleep in the back. This photo is from Poker Flat.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike ot me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
Hello all!
Fresh to the group and excited to be here. I’m in the Houston Texas area and working on expanding my travels.
23B98513-6BFC-4AE5-8F55-D529A7FC77D9.jpeg
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon, she’s a little beat up and needs a few things before my big trip (Houston to Alaska) but she’s mine and very capable. I’m a beginner in the world of overlanding, moderate experience in camping, and experienced in knowing my limits off road with 12+ years of Jeeping. I’ve taken Jeeps to, Moab Utah, Ouray Colorado, Hot Springs Arkansas, and multiple off road parks in Texas a few times over but none have been in the overland way.
0D963C1E-7918-42B1-B2F2-94E54F0F4276.jpeg
So I have almost 9 months to plan my trip, prepare myself and my Jeep for my dream trip and I’m looking to pick some brains and borrow some knowledge from this group.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Fresh to the group and excited to be here. I’m in the Houston Texas area and working on expanding my travels.
View attachment 130099
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon, she’s a little beat up and needs a few things before my big trip (Houston to Alaska) but she’s mine and very capable. I’m a beginner in the world of overlanding, moderate experience in camping, and experienced in knowing my limits off road with 12+ years of Jeeping. I’ve taken Jeeps to, Moab Utah, Ouray Colorado, Hot Springs Arkansas, and multiple off road parks in Texas a few times over but none have been in the overland way.
View attachment 130100
So I have almost 9 months to plan my trip, prepare myself and my Jeep for my dream trip and I’m looking to pick some brains and borrow some knowledge from this group.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm up in Hidden Valley Lake, about an Hour north of Santa Rosa, which I commute to every day

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I am planing a regional meet-up in Santa Rosa in the Spring, you will receive a message from the forum if you are interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi new guy here from San Jose, just got into a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, getting it set up with JCR bedrack, tonneua cover that works with the rack, and deciding on a roof top tent. great information here.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Reactions: seansmd

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

My name is Vicki and I currently reside in Edgewood, NM about 25 miles East of Albuquerque. I've lived here since 2004. My prior locations can be found in CA, OR and NV.

I've run the fwys with my parents since before I could drive, I5, I40, I80, and Hwy 99 mostly. They started me camping when I was about 3 years old. Recently purchased a 25" Coachman BH. While I like it, its a little bigger than I want, its not as easy to just pack and go for the weekend and explore. I've camped in tents, a cab over, back of pick up, a hybrid, and now my fully enclosed RV.

I was part of NM4W for a while but my current vehicle is a bit bigger than a Jeep so I left the group, no runs for a full sized pick up. I started driving off road a few years ago when I purchased a 2016 Colorado (that vehicle kept up with the jeeps), but sold it to be able to pull a larger trailer. The Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4x then came about. I've modded all of my vehicles (where my pay checks go) even the street ones since I was 18. Lowered/Raised etc.

I purchased my current ride in September, it's a 2019 Ford F250 Crew 4x. Its the largest vehicle every owned. I recently just purchased some 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3s.

Actual Overlanding experience... "Newbie"

Looking fwd to getting together and meeting you all...…..

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: TravelerGAL

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
very excited to have found this page. want to get into overlanding, but on a simple level. i have a 08 mercedes gl320 CDI. a diesel that don't use def. only started with tires and radio so far and continue to look for gear. hoping to learn from the experienced people and not so experienced people. also hoping to follow along on trips to learn, promise to try to keep up.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all!
View attachment 130099
View attachment 130100
Welcome! What route are you taking? If you come through Washington, let me know if you need anything! Showers, a place to sleep, you name it!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello all!
View attachment 130099
View attachment 130100
Welcome! What route are you taking? If you come through Washington, let me know if you need anything! Showers, a place to sleep, you name it!

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
My plan so far is to come up the west coast and overland along the way so yeah Washington would be my main path. I’ll keep that in mind! Thank you for the offer.

Expatozzie

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Briton-Jones
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6XPT
Gadday! Mark here. An expatriate Australian living the past 15yrs in SoCal. My user name on most forums and social media is Expatoz or Expataussie. My vehicle is a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8 with Ford F-250 Dana 60 axles front and rear, double locked, running 40” tires. Onboard air/CO2, water and fuel, roof top tent, Atlas crawler case, 5:39 gearing, and a bunch of other stuff.

In my mind overlanding requires you get off the bitumen otherwise it’s a road trip.

I build my truck as a capable vehicle in all terrains but it’s a compromise. It is not a desert racer. It crawls like spider, climbs like a koala, and generally bounces across trails like a kangaroo ( Hence the truck name “Boomer” -Ozzie name for a big white kangaroo).

I love adventures, camping, mates and their significant others.

I suck at route navigation - which I need to sort out before Baja XL 2021. Anyone here going?

Started off-roading/overlanding in 1982 with a Toyota 4Runner and since then had a succession of 4Runners. Currently own three.

Peace....see ya on the trails!

Attachments

Jacob Arici

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia beach
First Name
jacob
Last Name
Arici
Member #

Good Morning, yall.

My name is Jacob Arici. I'm located in Virginia Beach Virginia. I picked up a 96 land cruiser earlier this year. Before I got the rig I was more into import cars I have 93 mr2 aswell but had friends who camp/overland and wanted to join the fun. The only experience I have off roading is just from driving hmwwv's and 7tons for the Marine Corps. I've gone on two trips in northern Virginia and found the group and wanted join a community I could learn and grow with. Looking forward to meeting up with some of yall.

Attachments

Outbound

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Alberta
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
H
Hi everyone! I saw this board mentioned on the Tundras forum and figured I'd check it out. I'm also sub'd to the Youtube channel and really enjoying it.

My name's Aaron and I'm from northern Alberta, Canada. I drive a 2005 Toyota Tundra doublecab which I'm slowly plugging away at making more capable. So far, my favorite mod is the Truxedo tonneau and Thule TracRac SR combo which lets me keep our gear safe and dry while also letting me load the boat up. I can remove the rack for daily driving and still enjoy my roll down back window in summer, which a canopy wouldn't allow.

Our overlanding is exploring the remote northern backcountry of Alberta and British Columbia primarily for fly fishing and hiking. We're planning to add the Northwest Territory and the Yukon in the near future. For 2021, we're loosely planning a trip up the Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk.

My goals for 2020 are to increase my self-recovery knowledge. I don't do hard core crawling or off roading but mud pits, snow and bad spots are the norm in our travels. I need to put together a proper recovery kit and invest in some quality gear there. We're also fine tuning our camping set up, which is always a work in progress.

Anywho, enough jibber jabber. On to the pics!

20190913_112132.jpg

20190525_151133.jpg

ginga_ninja

Rank I

Contributor III

Lansing, MI, USA
First Name
Ginger
Last Name
Andrus
Hey everyone I'm pretty new to overlanding but have been in love with the concept for a really long time. I have a 2003 Toyota Tundra, I plan on outfitting some things to camp out of the bed which has a topper. In the area of Lansing, MI. The UP was our only overlanding adventure and it was a blast. Hope to see others in the mitten as well!

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Gadday! Mark here. An expatriate Australian living the past 15yrs in SoCal. My user name on most forums and social media is Expatoz or Expataussie. My vehicle is a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8 with Ford F-250 Dana 60 axles front and rear, double locked, running 40” tires. Onboard air/CO2, water and fuel, roof top tent, Atlas crawler case, 5:39 gearing, and a bunch of other stuff.

In my mind overlanding requires you get off the bitumen otherwise it’s a road trip.

I build my truck as a capable vehicle in all terrains but it’s a compromise. It is not a desert racer. It crawls like spider, climbs like a koala, and generally bounces across trails like a kangaroo ( Hence the truck name “Boomer” -Ozzie name for a big white kangaroo).

I love adventures, camping, mates and their significant others.

I suck at route navigation - which I need to sort out before Baja XL 2021. Anyone here going?

Started off-roading/overlanding in 1982 with a Toyota 4Runner and since then had a succession of 4Runners. Currently own three.

Peace....see ya on the trails!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

JDS086

Rank I

Member I

Florida, USA
First Name
Justyne
Last Name
Sansoucy
Member #

Hey what’s up everyone there’s a noob here lol. From the central florida area and just recently been getting very interested in the overland lifestyle and camping in general. Not too many people I hang with are into the outdoors much as me lol so just looking to get around some like minded people and maybe start getting into some meets and trail runs. Don’t have a hardcore rig or anything but got my 06 trailblazer. So far just has 2 lift with adjustable bilstein 5100 in the front and rancho 5000 in the rear with 2” spacer. Have some 1.5” Bora wheel spacers and falken wildpeaks for tires. A lot of new parts as well which I have been installing just to keep her updated and rolling healthy lol. Thanks y’all look forward to journey.
Adjustments.JPG