Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Jokern2002 , welcome from central Oklahoma.
You have a couple of nice looking rigs there. Looks like you are running GMRS? Good option, any interest in ham radio?
We have a weekly Friday night net that you may listen in on if you are not licensed, www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
We talk about many topics related to overlanding as well as ham radio. Tonights net topic is New Ham Q&A.

Jokern2002

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Willow Springs, MO, USA
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Clinton
Member #

Prerunner1982, Thank you for the compliments on my toys. I sure do enjoy them. If i just had the money and time to finish building and outfitting them. Yes I am currently running GMRS since it was a fairly decent system and all I had to do was give the government a little more of my money. I am looking to get my HAM license. Picked up a study guide a couple months back and reached out to the local HAM club about testing just not had the time to follow through with it. Thanks for the heads up on the website to listen in on the Friday night net call. I look forward to listening in tonight.

PappaBear18

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Petaluma, CA, USA
First Name
eric
Last Name
wildt
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Eric from Petaluma, CA, about 40min north of San Francisco. My family and I are avid mountain bikers, lover to hike and camp, etc, and love our TRD Off-road Taco. Looking to make it even more capable with everyone’s help and to build up an XJ for the Rubicon soon.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I’m Eric from Petaluma, CA, about 40min north of San Francisco. My family and I are avid mountain bikers, lover to hike and camp, etc, and love our TRD Off-road Taco. Looking to make it even more capable with everyone’s help and to build up an XJ for the Rubicon soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I am planing on having a large meet-up in Santa Rosa this spring you will receive an invite from the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I currently daily drive a 1999 Land Cruiser. I am looking to get ‘out there further’ than just hiking and camping. Looking forward to learning more for this community. I live in The Middle TN area.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Mojay101

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I'm from the Northern California Area, and am familiar with camping and backpacking, and starting Overlanding.
Looking to get a Overland Vehicle, and I have a fair bit of experience with cars and mechanics so I can build it myself.

Thx

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike.

Depending on your location in Northern CA, we have several monthly meet-ups @Magic Mike can help you find one if your interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado, I'm from the New Jersey area.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

jazz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
hui
very excited to have found this page. want to get into overlanding, but on a simple level. i have a 08 mercedes gl320 CDI. a diesel that don't use def. only started with tires and radio so far and continue to look for gear. hoping to learn from the experienced people and not so experienced people. also hoping to follow along on trips to learn, promise to try to keep up.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Hello,

My name is Vicki and I currently reside in Edgewood, NM about 25 miles East of Albuquerque. I've lived here since 2004. My prior locations can be found in CA, OR and NV.

I've run the fwys with my parents since before I could drive, I5, I40, I80, and Hwy 99 mostly. They started me camping when I was about 3 years old. Recently purchased a 25" Coachman BH. While I like it, its a little bigger than I want, its not as easy to just pack and go for the weekend and explore. I've camped in tents, a cab over, back of pick up, a hybrid, and now my fully enclosed RV.

I was part of NM4W for a while but my current vehicle is a bit bigger than a Jeep so I left the group, no runs for a full sized pick up. I started driving off road a few years ago when I purchased a 2016 Colorado (that vehicle kept up with the jeeps), but sold it to be able to pull a larger trailer. The Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4x then came about. I've modded all of my vehicles (where my pay checks go) even the street ones since I was 18. Lowered/Raised etc.

I purchased my current ride in September, it's a 2019 Ford F250 Crew 4x. Its the largest vehicle every owned. I recently just purchased some 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3s.

Actual Overlanding experience... "Newbie"

Looking fwd to getting together and meeting you all...…..

Attachments

Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
very excited to have found this page. want to get into overlanding, but on a simple level. i have a 08 mercedes gl320 CDI. a diesel that don't use def. only started with tires and radio so far and continue to look for gear. hoping to learn from the experienced people and not so experienced people. also hoping to follow along on trips to learn, promise to try to keep up.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R and seansmd