Last Name
Ravenswood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0FPO
Service Branch
Navy
Hey all,
I'm John and presently reside in Sarasota, FL but my family and I are relocating to CO in the near future. I've been outdoorsy for a number of years but have only become interested in overlanding in the last six or eight or so. I recently purchased a new Ford Ranger 4x4 and will be building it out slowly over time.

Attachments

MrHerrold

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Herrold
Member #

Hey everybody,

My name is Andrew and I’m out of Los Angeles, CA. Originally raised in Portland, OR the outdoors life has always been an ever present inspiration for me. However, living 10 years in LA seems to have diminished the presence of nature, adventure, and the natural world in my daily life. I’ve made a pledge to myself to get back out there and thus got myself into a 2017 Ram Rebel and an AT Overland Habitat. Can’t wait to join the community and meet other like minded adventurers.

My build will be focused on the camping life first and then down the road pushing towards performance modifications of the vehicle as a new diesel Ram Rebel is more ideal for my goals. Looking forward to meeting everybody I can.

IMG_6232.jpg

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

Howdy Y'all!
Living: Boise, ID
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
just got this truck and had no idea it would make me want to get into overlanding... but now I'm interested. So that said i'm new to this whole thing. Not new to getting out into nature as i enjoy backpacking and bike touring as well.

my hope is that I can find some folks in my area that are would be willing to take a new guy out on the trails.

McQ

Attachments

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
Howdy Y'all!
just got this truck and had no idea it would make me want to get into overlanding... but now I'm interested. So that said i'm new to this whole thing. Not new to getting out into nature as i enjoy backpacking and bike touring as well.

my hope is that I can find some folks in my area that are would be willing to take a new guy out on the trails.

McQ
Nice rig McQ! Welcome from Colorado!

sambleasdale

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spencer, TN, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Bleasdale
New Overlander here, just went on our maiden voyage this weekend on the Big Frog/Cohutta loop and I came home wanting. Can't wait to plan the next trip. I'm Sam from Middle TN, my rig is a 2019 Ford Ranger. I've got an eibach 3.5/1 inch lift with 33 inch Faulken Wildpeak AT3s. I did research for a couple months and decided how I wanted to outfit my truck. I designed a low rise camper top and had it made from aluminum (like a tent platform except enclosed), I've got a smittybuilt rooftop tent that I scored for a killer deal on Craigslist, a rotopax fuel jug(one for now), some traction boards etc mounted on the exterior. I'll see y'all out on the trail!

Attachments

bama_life_FX4

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

St Petersburg , FL
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Hardy
Member #

View attachment 128188
Rig: 2014 Ford F150
2019 Escapade Backcounty
Experience: Not a novice at either off-roading or camping, but getting the hang of doing them together. Which is far more exciting!!

Looking forward to seeing every ones builds and adventrues!
Love the setup! I’m located in Kansas City myself! Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG
Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger with CVT Mount Shasta Tent
Experience: Not new to off-roasting and I’m just now getting into the overland thing.

IndyBrian

Rank 0

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Deiwert
Hi all I'm new here.

Let's see:
Rig: 2014 Hyundai Elantra. It gets me to campsites and I've ended up going over some backcountry and forest service roads that made me wonder if I was sane.
Experience: Got into car camping a few years ago, but no overlanding yet. Every time I come back from a camping trip I seriously ponder getting an early 2000s SUV or truck and having that be my weekend warhorse.

NGL I'm here for ideas, good stories, and fabulous pictures.

Druckel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

4843 North Wabash Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64118, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Ruckel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0THT
View attachment 128188
Rig: 2014 Ford F150
2019 Escapade Backcounty
Experience: Not a novice at either off-roading or camping, but getting the hang of doing them together. Which is far more exciting!!

Looking forward to seeing every ones builds and adventrues!
Great looking setup! I to live in KCMO. Great to have you in the community!

ovrlndcanada

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Gatineau, QC, Canada
First Name
Mathieu
Last Name
Desforges
Member #

Rig: Jeep Wrangler JK 2016 Unlimited Sport.
Overlanding Experience: I'm new in the Overlanding community and off-road. I have more experience in camping in national park in Québec region but I'm looking forward for long travel overlanding/camping experience.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, I'm from San Jose and I've been off-roading and camping for 20 years. My rig is 1994 80 series on 37's. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is what we've been using on the last couple of trips and it does great. Looking forward to learning lots and meeting cool people here.
Good day to you and welcome to Overland Bound.. As @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West Member Representative and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums. I'm sure Kent told you but you also contact our Regional Director @Narbob as well, if needed.

Be sure to browse through the new member threads for some good information and it will make it easier to navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the calendar for up-coming meet ups, trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everybody,

My name is Andrew and I’m out of Los Angeles, CA. Originally raised in Portland, OR the outdoors life has always been an ever present inspiration for me. However, living 10 years in LA seems to have diminished the presence of nature, adventure, and the natural world in my daily life. I’ve made a pledge to myself to get back out there and thus got myself into a 2017 Ram Rebel and an AT Overland Habitat. Can’t wait to join the community and meet other like minded adventurers.

My build will be focused on the camping life first and then down the road pushing towards performance modifications of the vehicle as a new diesel Ram Rebel is more ideal for my goals. Looking forward to meeting everybody I can.

View attachment 128186
Good day to you and welcome to Overland Bound.. I am one of your U.S. West Member Representatives and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums. You can also also contact our Regional Director @Narbob as well, if needed.

Be sure to browse through the new member threads for some good information and it will make it easier to navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the calendar for up-coming meet ups, trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Dixoff

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pittsburgh, PA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dixon
Member #

Hey everybody, new overlander here! My name is Mike and I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I am not new to camping lucky enough my great grandfather built a cabin riverfront on the Allegheny river in north western PA. Unfortunately, I have only just found a new passion for overlanding so I have little experience.I hope to meet new friends and make great memories here.

My rig:

2014 Silverado LT 1500 Z71
Leveling kit
KB Voodoo Max Mod Bed Rack
SmityBilt RTT

Wish everyone a wonderful holiday and hope to see you out on the trails.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody, new overlander here! My name is Mike and I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I am not new to camping lucky enough my great grandfather built a cabin riverfront on the Allegheny river in north western PA. Unfortunately, I have only just found a new passion for overlanding so I have little experience.I hope to meet new friends and make great memories here.

My rig:

2014 Silverado LT 1500 Z71
Leveling kit
KB Voodoo Max Mod Bed Rack
SmityBilt RTT

Wish everyone a wonderful holiday and hope to see you out on the trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: Jeep Wrangler JK 2016 Unlimited Sport.
Overlanding Experience: I'm new in the Overlanding community and off-road. I have more experience in camping in national park in Québec region but I'm looking forward for long travel overlanding/camping experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all I'm new here.

Let's see:
Rig: 2014 Hyundai Elantra. It gets me to campsites and I've ended up going over some backcountry and forest service roads that made me wonder if I was sane.
Experience: Got into car camping a few years ago, but no overlanding yet. Every time I come back from a camping trip I seriously ponder getting an early 2000s SUV or truck and having that be my weekend warhorse.

NGL I'm here for ideas, good stories, and fabulous pictures.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Overlander here, just went on our maiden voyage this weekend on the Big Frog/Cohutta loop and I came home wanting. Can't wait to plan the next trip. I'm Sam from Middle TN, my rig is a 2019 Ford Ranger. I've got an eibach 3.5/1 inch lift with 33 inch Faulken Wildpeak AT3s. I did research for a couple months and decided how I wanted to outfit my truck. I designed a low rise camper top and had it made from aluminum (like a tent platform except enclosed), I've got a smittybuilt rooftop tent that I scored for a killer deal on Craigslist, a rotopax fuel jug(one for now), some traction boards etc mounted on the exterior. I'll see y'all out on the trail!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Y'all!

McQ

Overland Bound Meetups

The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs during the summer. If your interested here is the forum link.Inland Northwest Conference Call - 06/17/2018

If you have any questions your Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve on the forum.

Reactions: McQ