Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego
First Name
George
Last Name
Barajas
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,View attachment 127915 My Name is George ( JORGE) Barajas I reside in San Diego CA. Travel Baja in my 2007 chevy Silverado 1500 2wd with my truck camper.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I am from Northwest Arkansas. I am new to the overlanding community. I just purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Looking forward to reading through the information on this site!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi everyone I'm Sean, my rig is a 2017 Tacoma I am new to the overlanding community but between military and wildland firefighting I have spent many years in the outdoors. Currently in the front range of Colorado. View attachment 127809
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Region. There is an event planned in your area next week. @Neal A. Tew is your member rep. Let either of us know if you need anything.
Keep an eye on the rally points in your area here: Events Archive - Overland Bound

Nice set up!!!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello! I am from Northwest Arkansas. I am new to the overlanding community. I just purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Looking forward to reading through the information on this site!
Welcome from Oklahoma

MotoCRT

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Touli
Hello, I'm from San Jose and I've been off-roading and camping for 20 years. My rig is 1994 80 series on 37's. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is what we've been using on the last couple of trips and it does great. Looking forward to learning lots and meeting cool people here.

Attachments

OXGX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

10400 Old Concord Road, China Grove, NC, USA
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Hello, I'm from San Jose and I've been off-roading and camping for 20 years. My rig is 1994 80 series on 37's. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee which is what we've been using on the last couple of trips and it does great. Looking forward to learning lots and meeting cool people here.

Your 80 series is a beaut! Man I want a LC 80 !

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody I’m new here,
Location- Salem Oregon
Rig- Toyota Tacoma
Experience- I’ve been camping my whole life,I enjoy the outdoors

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative in Oregon is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Newb here!

China Grove, NC

1992 Toyota Ext. Cab Pickup 4x4
2008 GX470

I like wheeling, exploring, and camping... therefore I love overlanding! hahaha
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative @NC-Trooper

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everybody I’m new here,
Location- Salem Oregon
Rig- Toyota Tacoma
Experience- I’ve been camping my whole life,I enjoy the outdoors
Welcome Michael from up North (WA).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps. Don't hesitate to contact either of us if you need anything.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman

John Ravenswood

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ravenswood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0FPO
Service Branch
Navy
Hey all,
I'm John and presently reside in Sarasota, FL but my family and I are relocating to CO in the near future. I've been outdoorsy for a number of years but have only become interested in overlanding in the last six or eight or so. I recently purchased a new Ford Ranger 4x4 and will be building it out slowly over time.

Attachments