First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gant
Member #

Sweet ride! Welcome!

Newb here, but some of you may know me from other countless forums

Location (Lindenhurst, NY/Orlando, FL)
Rig (97 Toyota Land Cruiser Factory Locked)
Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)

Reactions: Kent R

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)
Only you can judge your experience but your rig speaks loudly, it's looks very experienced.
Nice to have you among us here in OB land.
I hope we are worthy of your membership. This is a great bunch of knowledgeable guys and gals to work and play among. Welcome Rick

PvilleJohn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Easley SC
First Name
John
Last Name
Czarnick
Member #

Hello everyone! I became member 2886 about three years ago and never set up an account here. I now have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 that takes me all over the place! My mods include Icon stage 3 lift, 33" BFG K02's, SOS Concepts rock sliders, Ditch lights, CB, ARE camper shell, Iguana RTT mounted on a Yakima roof rack. I do a fair amount of wheeling in the truck. I am from Easley South Carolina and typically wheel with my buddies from the TacomaWorld forum. We travel around state to state a couple times a month. We frequent Uwharrie national forrest (NC), Windrock off road park (TN), and Adventure Off road park (TN).....we have visited Black mountain off road park (KY), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Morris Mountain (NC), Gulches off road park (SC), Greenville Pickens ORV (SC), Horsepasture rd (SC/NC), Bad Creek rd (SC), Chestnut Mountain (NC).....I'm sure i'm missing a few. Over the past 4 years, I have become fairly experienced off road...I know my trucks limits and when to back off. I also steer clear of body damage because its my daily driver.

Windrock 1.JPEGWindrock 2.JPEGBad Creek.jpg

BigfootHacks

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Linden
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Howdy Overlanders,

While I did just join OB, I'm no stranger to the great outdoors with many setups: hammock, tent, van, cot, sleeping atop my hummer in the Army and more. I recently sold my self-built Campervan to get back into 4x4. I've traveled the world and in the US, mostly the Southwest, yet my favorite places are within a few hours of home. I look forward to an OB community overlanding soon. I'm an avid mountain biker since the early days, a trail advocate and evangelist for leave no trace/it better than you found it. After over 20 years in IT Project Management I left the cubicle to own a yoga studio and am an FAA certified Drone Pilot. I love good coffee, good beer and bacon.

Here is my deets:

Rig: 2008 Lexus GX470 - needs a few more essentials - considering converting the interior for sleeping rather than an RTT. Hell yes I cut off the stock side steps ;-D
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate/Expert in the great outdoors with beginner/intermediate 4x4 skills. Trained in wilderness first aid and combat arms.

HOOAH!

Attachments

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Howdy Overlanders,

While I did just join OB, I'm no stranger to the great outdoors with many setups: hammock, tent, van, cot, sleeping atop my hummer in the Army and more. I recently sold my self-built Campervan to get back into 4x4. I've traveled the world and in the US, mostly the Southwest, yet my favorite places are within a few hours of home. I look forward to an OB community overlanding soon. I'm an avid mountain biker since the early days, a trail advocate and evangelist for leave no trace/it better than you found it. After over 20 years in IT Project Management I left the cubicle to own a yoga studio and am an FAA certified Drone Pilot. I love good coffee, good beer and bacon.

Here is my deets:

Rig: 2008 Lexus GX470 - needs a few more essentials - considering converting the interior for sleeping rather than an RTT. Hell yes I cut off the stock side steps ;-D
Overlanding Experience Background: Intermediate/Expert in the great outdoors with beginner/intermediate 4x4 skills. Trained in wilderness first aid and combat arms.

HOOAH!
Welcome!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! Your Land Cruiser is so boss looking. Must be a beast on the trail!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

HI guys,

I live and work in San Francisco, moved up here from San Diego in 2013.
I'm completely in love about all the outdoorsy adventures Northern California has to offer.
I turned into an avid snowboarder, so if there are any pow chasers out here please do reach out. Hence i'm not phased by winter that will be upon us soon to go on winter/snow overland trips. In fact, my current dream experience is to go hit the slopes all day, soak in a natural hot spring, BBQ and camp the night out :)

After following a childhood dream of owning/modding a Jeep for about a year & half now, I would love to find fellow adventure goers around my area to join and explore - overland style.
I just joined this forum, so please feel free to reach out or point me in the right direction. Looking forward to meeting the community and building new friendships. Anyways here's a few pics and details requested.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

(Photo taken on May 12th 2019, exactly one year from the lot)

View attachment 127133

(Photo taken on Nov 2nd 2019. Location : Signal Peak, Tahoe area)

View attachment 127134

(Photo taken on Nov 13th 2019, just installed my iKamper X-Cover couple of days ago)

View attachment 127135

2) Location - San Francisco, CA
3) Rig - 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
4) Overlanding Experience - I've been on a bunch of "wheeling" trips with my local Jeep community. I'll still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. But since I recently installed my rooftop tent, I'd wanna change my novice status.

Excited and looking forward to all the future, possible adventures.

Thanks,
Supreeth

PS: My rig's name is SLYSTRX (also my username here)
Nice Jeep!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I am brand new to this community. My wife and I are a year away from retirement and we are planning to hit the road. Both of our vehicles are possible for overland. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and she has a 2018 Subaru Forrester. Neither have any mods yet. I am here to begin my research for our future trips. We hail from good ole San Antone!
Welcome from Oklahoma

Off-Road Ranger I

Monterey County, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Krone
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AQQ
Hello everyone! My name is Dylan. Though I've been on a few short overland trips and done lots of offroading, I still consider myself a novice to intermediate overlander. My experience being in nature however, is plentiful! I'm here to learn what's required or just desired in regards to gear, and find some new places to go in my area. As well as meeting new overlanders!

AO: Monterey, CA
Rig: '96 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L Auto
(Toytec 2.5" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 33x10R15 BFG T/A KO2s on ProComp rims)
For the future: re-gear differentials and install an automatic locker in the rear. Also hoping to get a good tube steel bender and notcher soon so I can start making my own bumpers and roof rack. :D

Attachments

fireyota30

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

RedBluff CA
First Name
wacy
Last Name
barbour
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Dylan. Though I've been on a few short overland trips and done lots of offroading, I still consider myself a novice to intermediate overlander. My experience being in nature however, is plentiful! I'm here to learn what's required or just desired in regards to gear, and find some new places to go in my area. As well as meeting new overlanders!

For the future: re-gear differentials and install an automatic locker in the rear. Also hoping to get a good tube steel bender and notcher soon so I can start making my own bumpers and roof rack. :D
Nice welcome ya im new to overlanding as well I have a 4 runner 2004 sport I live in norcal but visit Monterey ca as much as possible.

fireyota30

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

RedBluff CA
First Name
wacy
Last Name
barbour
Member #

So arcadia ca and eureka ca are a couple spots slong the i-5 to check out and see the redwoods as well as drive through the Hwy 101 to santa cruz ca and check out highway 17 to bend lomond ca. Or go I to the trees of mystery.
Or past golden gate bridge to 505 to i-5 up to lassen park. And theirs small western towns near to stop off and check out all the way to manton ca up to usfs road (a) line road which is snowy during winter till March then opens and wraps back around to mineral ca back to highway 32 on down to chico ca

Off-Road Ranger I

Monterey County, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Krone
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AQQ
So arcadia ca and eureka ca are a couple spots slong the i-5 to check out and see the redwoods as well as drive through the Hwy 101 to santa cruz ca and check out highway 17 to bend lomond ca. Or go I to the trees of mystery.
Or past golden gate bridge to 505 to i-5 up to lassen park. And theirs small western towns near to stop off and check out all the way to manton ca up to usfs road (a) line road which is snowy during winter till March then opens and wraps back around to mineral ca back to highway 32 on down to chico ca
That's awesome! You've given me a lot to look into. I'm from the Santa Cruz area, and lived in Boulder Creek for a few years. I live between there and Monterey, where I work. Currently up in Napa for work.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I previously had a Land Rover Disco II and took that off-road a bit, but not a lot. Just bought a 2017 4Runner and looking to get out into the wild. Limited experience, but a fast learner. Looking forward to learning from all of you.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated feel free to contact me at anytime... Or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob as well. Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone I'm Sean, my rig is a 2017 Tacoma I am new to the overlanding community but between military and wildland firefighting I have spent many years in the outdoors. Currently in the front range of Colorado. View attachment 127809
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overland Bound community. I am brand new to Overland Bound and overlanding in general. Going to be heading out with some buddies late February 2020 to give the Mojave Road a shot and see what it's all about. My starting platform in a 2006 F-250 which I have owned since new, done nothing to and only put 60k miles on in the last 13 years. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am your U.S. West Member Representative. If you have any questions or concerns please feel to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Also make sure to browse through the new member threads, there is a lot of great information there and it will help you get the most of the website. Check Rally Points and the calendar for for your local meet ups and member trips. There is a monthly meet up right next to you in Dublin, California.