Jackie78

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
M
Hello everyone! I am currently located around the Fayetteville area and I am a complete novice. I'm looking to slowly get into a light trail riding and overnight trips.

I have a 2002 Sequoia 4x4 with over 200,000 miles. I had the transmission rebuilt about 2,000 miles ago and I am waiting to see how it does before I go into modifying it. It has some bumps and bruises, but this is the first major unscheduled maintenance I have ever done to it.

Hopefully there are some other locals around that I can learn from. Needless to say, I am excited about overlanding.

I will take a picture and post within the next few days.

~Jack

ParksIT

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
phillip
Last Name
usrey
Member #

Greetings everyone!

New here from Elk Grove, Ca. Just getting into this Overlanding bit and doing my homework! Hoping to make some local connections with some good people and start exploring this great nation!

The Rig:
2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
OME Dakar 3" heavy suspension w/ SPC upper control arms
AFE Exhaust

Planned Mods:
Solar install for starting battery
roof rack for camper shell with LED lightbars
FabFours Bumpers with LED lights
60A DCDC charging upgrade for trailer
CB radio
Cell/GPS modem for vehicle tracking

The Trailer:
Opus Air 4

Planned Mods:
RedArc The Manager 30 power system upgrade
upgraded propane holders for dual tanks or larger single
solar

IMG-5201.jpg

ap19delta

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Collierville, TN, USA
First Name
An
Last Name
Member #

My humble greetings,

I am new here from Collierville, TN.
My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Only a few mod like, Gobi Rack, Icon S7, Rigid Light Bar, etc.
Experience: I did a few overlanding trips when I get to come home for vacation, nothing crazy. Most of my overlanding experience is in Afghanistan for a total of 4 years. Don't really know if that really counts.... But I am looking forward to learn more from you guys. Below is a few pictures of my rig.
20190512_104924.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@Byrnie Mac ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@Coachbell1 ), welcome from Oklahoma. We have quite a few members from the SA area.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Unfortunately the closest reoccurring meet up is currently in Round Rock. Not real close I realize, but then again in Texas close is a relative term.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Hello everyone! I am currently located around the Fayetteville area and I am a complete novice. I'm looking to slowly get into a light trail riding and overnight trips.

I have a 2002 Sequoia 4x4 with over 200,000 miles. I had the transmission rebuilt about 2,000 miles ago and I am waiting to see how it does before I go into modifying it. It has some bumps and bruises, but this is the first major unscheduled maintenance I have ever done to it.

Hopefully there are some other locals around that I can learn from. Needless to say, I am excited about overlanding.

I will take a picture and post within the next few days.

~Jack
Welcome to OB Jack! Lived in Fayetteville for a few years and found some good spots—some were on the range areas of Fort Bragg so really no camping, but decent off-roading. Otherwise Uwharrie isn’t that far.

Tex.Proud

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
hf1.jpg

2) Location (General area is fine)
Huntsville, TX (East Texas) Along I 45 between Houston and Dallas.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
Basics:
2018 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4X4 (no lockers)
32" BFG KO2 (put on before lift) plan on upsizing.
3" OME lift with UPC's and HD Dakars on rear
Snorkel
Softtopper
Decked Drawers
Rock sliders
Comms: HAM, GMRS, CB

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
New to overlanding, but not new to camping. Grew up in Boy Scouts and love the outdoors. As a member of the Texas Toyota Coalition, I have spent time at Hidden Falls Adventure Park getting to know the capabilities/limits of my rig, and my ability to operate it off road. Presumably to help me identify obstacles, and know whether or not I can tackle it, or find another route. There's definitely more gear I need to add to the rig, which is why I'm here. I know what I need for camping, even long periods, but finding the best gear for a rig can be daunting! And, of course, where to go?

LostPilgrim

Rank 0

Contributor I

Volente, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Maza
Hi everyone, LostPilgrim here. My real name is Mike but "LostPilgrim" is my gamertag and fits me in a way.

I grew up learning from my father who loved the outdoors. We went fishing, backpacking, car camping, shooting, hunting and exploring every chance we could. My father passed away a few years ago and it got me thinking about how I missed spending time away from life's distractions.

I started backpacking again, taking 2 or 3 trips a year with my buddies. I bought a 2016 Jeep JK a few years ago and have done a few minor mods to it since then... nothing big yet but I'm learning to do everything myself. "Built. Not bought", right?

I've wanted a Jeep since I was 11 years old and saw my first CJ7 at a car auction. My wife has fallen in love with them now too. I started watching YouTube videos of Jeepers overlanding and thought it merged two things I really enjoy.

I make video games for a living but living to me is spending time outdoors. My family and I reside in Austin Texas and I'm hoping that there's an active community of overlanders here.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ryan (@Tex.Proud ), welcome from Oklahoma...but don't hold that against me as I am originally from Texas and have deep roots there.
And as one of my favorite songs goes: "I don't wear no Stetson, but I am willing to bet son that I'm a big a Texan as you are.." :smiley:

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Also I see you are a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@LostPilgrim ), welcome from Oklahoma. As I mentioned to Ryan above I have deep roots in Texas, mainly around Lockhart and Manchaca.
My Father's CJ7 is what got me into Jeeps as well.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. If you are available the 1st Saturday of December the North Central Texas Meet and Greet is happening in Round Rock.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hi everyone, LostPilgrim here. My real name is Mike but "LostPilgrim" is my gamertag and fits me in a way.

I grew up learning from my father who loved the outdoors. We went fishing, backpacking, car camping, shooting, hunting and exploring every chance we could. My father passed away a few years ago and it got me thinking about how I missed spending time away from life's distractions.

I started backpacking again, taking 2 or 3 trips a year with my buddies. I bought a 2016 Jeep JK a few years ago and have done a few minor mods to it since then... nothing big yet but I'm learning to do everything myself. "Built. Not bought", right?

I've wanted a Jeep since I was 11 years old and saw my first CJ7 at a car auction. My wife has fallen in love with them now too. I started watching YouTube videos of Jeepers overlanding and thought it merged two things I really enjoy.

I make video games for a living but living to me is spending time outdoors. My family and I reside in Austin Texas and I'm hoping that there's an active community of overlanders here.
Welcome!

SayNoToDisco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walla Walla, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gant
Member #

Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

LandRover.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

View attachment 127634
I'm speechless,SayNoToDisco, I say YES YES YES ! Welcome to Toyota land !

Hilop

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hilo
Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep JKU
Overland Experience: Hunting, Fishing and camping out of my dads 76 F150 all of my childhood.
Why Overlanding?: I currently enjoy rock crawling but my buddies don't seem to want to do that anymore, so I decided ill do a mild overland build to spend more time comfortably with my wife and 3 boys in the outdoors. Thanks

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Greg (@SayNoToDisco), welcome from Oklahoma.