Silver Spring, MD, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Levy
Member #

Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
….. from the DMV (DC / MD / VA).

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Here are some other useful links:

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:
Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Nomadic Nova,

Thanks for information. I'm looking forward to connecting with others in the DMV.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

2xcrash

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

La Quinta, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Corney
Member #

Hey all. I’m new to overlanding and looking forward to getting geared up right. I have a 2014 ram2500 4x and all I have right now is a set of Tule bed rack and my Smitty built tent. That tent is perfect.
ive got very limited Experience over landing and will be asking on another post what vehicle would be a good base to start with . The 2500 is a beast especially since it’s a mega cab. I don’t need a tower anymore so downsizing makes sense.
im a desert rat out here in the Coachella valley if there’s any meet up out this way I’d love to go !

Attachments

overpakd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
David
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking in the forums for a while and picked up my OB membership at Expo East this year. Just replaced my 2017 GMC Canyon with a 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Duramax, and I'm excited to start outfitting it. For now, I just have the basics: larger tires, traction boards, compressor and tire repair kit and some basic recovery gear. Hoping to get a decent bed rack and tent setup and maybe a winch up front.

I come to overlanding from family car camping over the years and a good bit of backpacking. Overlanding for me is mostly about getting out and enjoying nature with enough comfort and capacity to get the family to go out more often.

So, I'm probably still a novice overlander, but experienced camper/backpacker.

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and looking forward to an OB meet and greet next week to chat with other Carolinians about trips, rigs, gear, etc.

VideoCapture_20191014-144507.jpg20191027_165429.jpg20191029_134715~2.jpg20191027_180427.jpg20191109_164950.jpg20191116_143700.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Rig: 2008 Toyota FJ
Experience: I’ve spent some time off-road, but am by no means an expert.

My two boys are finally at the age where they enjoy being outdoors and camping. Overlanding is something that we can share together as they grow and one of the major reasons I enjoy it so much.View attachment 127180View attachment 127181
Welcome to OB Matt. Two fine looking boys you have. Nice clean good looking rig anyone would be happy to own. You have the right idea, your boy's will keep memories of you and the family adventures for all their lives. Live and learn together as a family unit in nature and with God, it is our roots and our heritage !
Lanlubber Jim

Reactions: Soulless_Ginger

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I am brand new to this community. My wife and I are a year away from retirement and we are planning to hit the road. Both of our vehicles are possible for overland. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and she has a 2018 Subaru Forrester. Neither have any mods yet. I am here to begin my research for our future trips. We hail from good ole San Antone!
Hi Texas Dave ! Glad to have you on board this ship. Whatever it is that you need to know will be found in these forums. Many kind and knowledgeable folks in the OB that are always willing to help out on any subject. You have many eager OB'ers there in Texas with lots gpineg on from what I see in the forums.
Welcome to OB !

Reactions: Aussie571

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello everyone.

I'm David,
I just joined about 2 months ago finally got sometime to introduce myself. I grew up in orange county, then moved to the central valley, Fresno/Clovis. In 92.
My Rig is an 06 c4500 kodiak with lots of mods and always under construction.

Always looking for adventure, hope to find some here.View attachment 127297View attachment 127298View attachment 127299
Hi Dave and welcome to OB and the forums.
Your truck reminded me of where I first learned about back woods camping and hunting. In 1946 my uncle in Sacramento Ca. took me on my first ever backwoods hunting trip. His only vehicle was a 1940 Ford duel wheel flat bed truck. I loved that man for teaching me so many things about hunting and camping. That old truck was awesome and we used the flat bed for our platform off the ground. Thanks for bringing back those memories and hope we will meet up some day.
Lanlubber Jim

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Newbie from Massachusetts here. Enjoying perusing the threads and learning from the members here. Thanks!
Welcome and glad to have you join in. Much learning info is available as many members are truly experts at this stuff. Enjoy my friend !

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Reactions: Wilbah

Dabone

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

St. George, ON, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Dale
Member #

Hi Everyone,

Josh here from Ontario, Canada. New to the overlanding community but have jumped in with both feet! Look forward to joining and engaging the community here on overland bound. Picked up my black 2019 Toyota Tacoma this summer, loving every minute of it!
0774EBE6-AD06-436D-A196-93BB1DE2C21E.jpeg42451B00-0B0C-424B-AA82-EED8BB67AF3A.jpeg
674C1986-BE55-47E4-A0C9-74EE5CAFB7CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Kibou80

Rank 0

Contributor I

TN, USA
First Name
I
Last Name
H
Hi from East TN! We are all new to this and are hunting for an overland rig as we don't have any 4x4 capability yet... If anyone have any tips for a decent 5 person 2 dog rig it would be highly appreciated! :-) for now we are planning to pack a ground tent on the roof of the car and get started with our 2 wheel drive stock ford explorer :-)

Last edited:

Contributor I

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Rego
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New to this community but have been slowly getting around, learning and exploring both online and actual trails.

One of the founders and members of REGAR Expeditions and we are looking to expand on our knowledge through the experiences of others.

Thanks for having us!

2018 Toyota Tundra Crewmax

MVIMG_20191015_180947.jpg