Mike
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

1. Pictures Attached
2. Live in Mar Vista California
3. 2006 Sportsmobile EB Diesel / 1989 Land Cruiser FJ62
4. Numerous Baja trips under my belt.

Newbie here from Mar Vista California. Have myself two worthy rigs. 2006 EB Sportsmobie/89 Landcruiser 62

Attachments

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Greetings crew.

1. Picture coming soon.
2. Santa Monica, CA
3. 2010 Lexus GX460 (currently stock)
4. Novice.

Growing up, I was big into nature (living in Kentucky) did a lot of dirt bike weekend expeditions, just me, a fishing pole, sleeping bag, and what not.

Now that I'm older (than dirt?), I want to get back to a different version of that.

A few months back, the wife and I decided to find a trail close to LA (ended up in Orange county). We picked a spot, drove out there, then put the GX to work. The trail was fun - rather mild with decent rocks and some ruts, but nothing that challenged the GX. We really enjoyed the micro-adventure.

We both have decided that we want to get more involved in this as a hobby. We like it, the dogs loved it, and everyone we ran across was pleasant and geeked to see the grocery-getter getting dirty.

I decided to join after watching several of the OB vids on youtube. Seems like an awesome and large community of cool folks. Definitely looking forward to some adventures.

Byrnie Mac

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Cruces, NM, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

Hey everybody! I'm James and currently call southern New Mexico home.

My family rig is a work in progress, a 1994 Ford Club Wagon Chateau with several mods.

General overlanding experience is marginal.. I was in the Marine Corps infantry for 5 years, so I've lived in vehicles and became accustomed to the austere. I've got a decent amount of offroad driving and camping experience so I know what I'm in for... for the most part.

Glad to be here!

Screenshot_20191112-144614_Gallery.jpg

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Greetings crew.

1. Picture coming soon.
2. Santa Monica, CA
3. 2010 Lexus GX460 (currently stock)
4. Novice.

Growing up, I was big into nature (living in Kentucky) did a lot of dirt bike weekend expeditions, just me, a fishing pole, sleeping bag, and what not.

Now that I'm older (than dirt?), I want to get back to a different version of that.

A few months back, the wife and I decided to find a trail close to LA (ended up in Orange county). We picked a spot, drove out there, then put the GX to work. The trail was fun - rather mild with decent rocks and some ruts, but nothing that challenged the GX. We really enjoyed the micro-adventure.

We both have decided that we want to get more involved in this as a hobby. We like it, the dogs loved it, and everyone we ran across was pleasant and geeked to see the grocery-getter getting dirty.

I decided to join after watching several of the OB vids on youtube. Seems like an awesome and large community of cool folks. Definitely looking forward to some adventures.
Welcome to the club. Can’t wait to see and hear about the progression of the build up

Soulless_Ginger

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cleveland, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Norfleet
Member #

Rig: 2008 Toyota FJ
Experience: I’ve spent some time off-road, but am by no means an expert.

My two boys are finally at the age where they enjoy being outdoors and camping. Overlanding is something that we can share together as they grow and one of the major reasons I enjoy it so much.BF9C5EFF-D1CE-4123-B83B-538FEA63320B.jpegD2459ED7-093D-49E0-92FF-4D760A42D53D.jpeg

Last edited:

Coachbell1

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bell
I am brand new to this community. My wife and I are a year away from retirement and we are planning to hit the road. Both of our vehicles are possible for overland. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and she has a 2018 Subaru Forrester. Neither have any mods yet. I am here to begin my research for our future trips. We hail from good ole San Antone!

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Rig: 2008 Toyota FJ
Experience: I’ve spent some time off-road, but am by no means an expert.

My two boys are finally at the age where they enjoy being outdoors and camping. Overlanding is something that we can share together as they grow and one of the major reasons I enjoy it so much.View attachment 127180View attachment 127181
Welcome Matt, and love the username...although if you steal everyone else’s souls are you really soulless? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: eagle_A40

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
I am brand new to this community. My wife and I are a year away from retirement and we are planning to hit the road. Both of our vehicles are possible for overland. I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and she has a 2018 Subaru Forrester. Neither have any mods yet. I am here to begin my research for our future trips. We hail from good ole San Antone!
I’m kind of jealous; there is all kinds of adventure around your area! Welcome!

kodiak Attack

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

sanger ca.
First Name
David
Last Name
vonhurst
Member #

Hello everyone.

I'm David,
I just joined about 2 months ago finally got sometime to introduce myself. I grew up in orange county, then moved to the central valley, Fresno/Clovis. In 92.
My Rig is an 06 c4500 kodiak with lots of mods and always under construction.

Always looking for adventure, hope to find some here.20191116_101608.jpeg20191003_132233.jpeg20190914_161344.jpeg

Sam L.

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silver Spring, MD, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Levy
Member #

Greetings Overland Bound Community,
My name is Sam and my Overland vehicle is a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. I’m in the Washington DC area and look forward to meeting other Overland Bound members in the area.
I have a lot of off-road and camping experience but consider myself an Overland Novice.
Thank you,
Sam

Attachments

Last edited:

johnandashleyadventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Torrance, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Bianchette
Member #

Hello!

My name is John. Ashley and I live in Long Beach, CA. We are very fortunate to live around so many awesome places to get lost. In the last year we have really taken to camping and being outdoors. We bought a 2018 Wrangler JK Two Door in April and have been trying to get it out there as much as we can.

We haven't been "overlanding" as it were, our camping has been limited to campsites/Hipcamps/etc. We are really looking forward to being part of a bigger community, learning, meeting new people, and hopefully giving back some things we pick up along the way. Want to learn as much about overlanding, mods, etc.

Here is a picture of the Jeep from the Salton Sea:

IMG_20190524_194057544_HDR.jpg

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello everyone.

I'm David,
I just joined about 2 months ago finally got sometime to introduce myself. I grew up in orange county, then moved to the central valley, Fresno/Clovis. In 92.
My Rig is an 06 c4500 kodiak with lots of mods and always under construction.

Always looking for adventure, hope
Awesome looking rig!!!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone!

1) Picture to come soon; don't really have any good pictures at the moment.
2) I'm in the Northern Virginia area
3) 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
4) Pretty much a complete novice. I've driven up a grassy hill before, but that's pretty much it. :astonished:

I'm really interested in learning how to get the most out of my TH, and getting out to see the best our planet has to offer. A good friend spoke really highly of how excellent this community is and I am really excited to be a part of it! Very much looking forward to learning more about the journey and having more than a few of my own!

Cheers!
- D.

Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
….. from the DMV (DC / MD / VA).

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Here are some other useful links:

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:
Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar