Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Spencer (@Largonut ) welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham. I hope you are able to join our weekly Friday night net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have an Echolink/DMR/Allstar capable radio or repeater near you don't worry, you can use the Echolink app.. most of us the app.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@Super_Duty), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a regular meet up in Round Rock, in fact it is coming up Dec 7th. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/ I know it's a bit of a drive.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Im Mike from south central texas,
I just bought a 2002 f-250 4x4 , that im building up for off road
I have gone camping with my family often while growing up in a small rural town in northwest ohio
My life has been a big adventure but i want to see more roads that are less traveled
Big bend national forest looks great to me, pikes peak, and alaska etc.

Here is my project truck...View attachment 127101
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound community. I am brand new to Overland Bound and overlanding in general. Going to be heading out with some buddies late February 2020 to give the Mojave Road a shot and see what it's all about. My starting platform in a 2006 F-250 which I have owned since new, done nothing to and only put 60k miles on in the last 13 years. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Here is a local meet-up close to you organized by @PapaDave
Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/tri-valley-monthly-meet-up/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 127056
We are new to Overland Bound and the forums. We are really looking forward to adventures to come in our 2020 Jeep JLU.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello quick introduction, new to overlanding via a 4 wheel vehicle, but have been doing it on motorcycles, both dual sport and sport bikes for years. Started a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4X build this year after I broke it in with 5K miles on it. Scratches are character... Plan to do lots of trip unfortunately there are no areas near me so will be doing some miles to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Have for lack of a better word, wondered into Wonderlost at a car wash and have really enjoyed the films you two have put together. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future. View attachment 127052View attachment 127053View attachment 127054

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I previously had a Land Rover Disco II and took that off-road a bit, but not a lot. Just bought a 2017 4Runner and looking to get out into the wild. Limited experience, but a fast learner. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Overland Bound community. I am brand new to Overland Bound and overlanding in general. Going to be heading out with some buddies late February 2020 to give the Mojave Road a shot and see what it's all about. My starting platform in a 2006 F-250 which I have owned since new, done nothing to and only put 60k miles on in the last 13 years. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring.
Hey Adam, Dec 8th we have our first meet up happening just south of you in Pleasanton CA

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Welcome to OB. @Neal A. Tew is our member rep for CO. Keep an eye on the rally points for your area and join in on the fun.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey we’re Justin & Jessica or better known as JJ

Current Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Rubicon (Ovie)

Experience: Experienced backpackers and solo off-road adventurers. Skilled in maps, recovery gear, off-road driving, vehicle repairs, camping, conversation, and finding adventure!
I would say welcome but I think we have already had many amazing trips to welcome you 2. However I can say Welcome to the forums. You know us all so reach out if we can help you with anything. Also thanks for the great Gaia training at camp last time.

Keep an eye on the rally points and feel free to create your own.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi Everyone,
Been a observer (stalker) for quite a while and decided to finally join!
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 125996
View attachment 125997
2) Location - Colorado Springs, CO
3) Rig - 2012 Jeep Wrangler
4) Overlanding Experience Background - I'd say Intermediate. Completed the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route in September 2019 with a great group of friends as my first major trip.
That sounds like a fun route. Cant wait to spend more time in CO next year.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi Everyone,
Been a observer (stalker) for quite a while and decided to finally join!
Welcome, Jake! Have you seen the meetup and trail run planned for 11/23?

Please RSVP if you think you can make it!

-neal

Reactions: Cendee

slystrx

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Meyers, CA, USA
First Name
Supreeth
Last Name
Shanthakumar
Member #

HI guys,

I live and work in San Francisco, moved up here from San Diego in 2013.
I'm completely in love about all the outdoorsy adventures Northern California has to offer.
I turned into an avid snowboarder, so if there are any pow chasers out here please do reach out. Hence i'm not phased by winter that will be upon us soon to go on winter/snow overland trips. In fact, my current dream experience is to go hit the slopes all day, soak in a natural hot spring, BBQ and camp the night out :)

After following a childhood dream of owning/modding a Jeep for about a year & half now, I would love to find fellow adventure goers around my area to join and explore - overland style.
I just joined this forum, so please feel free to reach out or point me in the right direction. Looking forward to meeting the community and building new friendships. Anyways here's a few pics and details requested.

(Photo taken on May 12th 2019, exactly one year from the lot)

IMG_20190512_205921_214.jpg

(Photo taken on Nov 2nd 2019. Location : Signal Peak, Tahoe area)

IMG_20191102_122034_2.jpg

(Photo taken on Nov 13th 2019, just installed my iKamper X-Cover couple of days ago)

IMG_20191113_010707.jpg

2) Location - San Francisco, CA
3) Rig - 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
4) Overlanding Experience - I've been on a bunch of "wheeling" trips with my local Jeep community. I'll still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. But since I recently installed my rooftop tent, I'd wanna change my novice status.

Excited and looking forward to all the future, possible adventures.

Thanks,
Supreeth

PS: My rig's name is SLYSTRX (also my username here)

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
HI guys,

I live and work in San Francisco, moved up here from San Diego in 2013.
I'm completely in love about all the outdoorsy adventures Northern California has to offer.
I turned into an avid snowboarder, so if there are any pow chasers out here please do reach out. Hence i'm not phased by winter that will be upon us soon to go on winter/snow overland trips. In fact, my current dream experience is to go hit the slopes all day, soak in a natural hot spring, BBQ and camp the night out :)

After following a childhood dream of owning/modding a Jeep for about a year & half now, I would love to find fellow adventure goers around my area to join and explore - overland style.
I just joined this forum, so please feel free to reach out or point me in the right direction. Looking forward to meeting the community and building new friendships. Anyways here's a few pics and details requested.

(Photo taken on May 12th 2019, exactly one year from the lot)

View attachment 127133

(Photo taken on Nov 2nd 2019. Location : Signal Peak, Tahoe area)

View attachment 127134

(Photo taken on Nov 13th 2019, just installed my iKamper X-Cover couple of days ago)

View attachment 127135

2) Location - San Francisco, CA
3) Rig - 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
4) Overlanding Experience - I've been on a bunch of "wheeling" trips with my local Jeep community. I'll still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding. But since I recently installed my rooftop tent, I'd wanna change my novice status.

Excited and looking forward to all the future, possible adventures.

Thanks,
Supreeth

PS: My rig's name is SLYSTRX (also my username here)
Glad you are here, Dec 8th we have a meet up across the Bay in Pleasanton CA so come if you can, we will start planning out 2020 for trips. We Just got back from 4 days in Death Valley
90489D43-D82B-475D-A063-E9D58A553E2B.jpeg3935CA4E-FBE4-41F1-8577-9EF186AD0B44.jpeg66C1C016-0159-416A-82FB-FDF7E23249DA.jpeg

Reactions: Iwata77 and slystrx

Derokee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

United States
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Ruggiero
Member #

Hey everyone!

1) Picture to come soon; don't really have any good pictures at the moment.
2) I'm in the Northern Virginia area
3) 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
4) Pretty much a complete novice. I've driven up a grassy hill before, but that's pretty much it. :astonished:

I'm really interested in learning how to get the most out of my TH, and getting out to see the best our planet has to offer. A good friend spoke really highly of how excellent this community is and I am really excited to be a part of it! Very much looking forward to learning more about the journey and having more than a few of my own!

Cheers!
- D.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Hey everyone!

1) Picture to come soon; don't really have any good pictures at the moment.
2) I'm in the Northern Virginia area
3) 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
4) Pretty much a complete novice. I've driven up a grassy hill before, but that's pretty much it. :astonished:

I'm really interested in learning how to get the most out of my TH, and getting out to see the best our planet has to offer. A good friend spoke really highly of how excellent this community is and I am really excited to be a part of it! Very much looking forward to learning more about the journey and having more than a few of my own!

Cheers!
- D.
Welcome Derek! Great username!

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Well, I suppose I should make this official. I joined a few weeks ago, but became a member this past week with badging on the truck now.
1. Pictures attached
2. I live in the Florida Panhandle near Destin.
3. 2019 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax TRD Sport
4. I'm new to "overlanding" but am prior military and no stranger to traveling, camping and fishing. I love cars, the outdoors and photography. Can't wait to do a meetup with fellow members!IMG_2972.JPGIMG_2974.JPG